You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

monkeychow wrote:

I just think what one person can take has nothing to do with what another person can take.

I like to watch UFC sometimes. In that I see people take a serious beating, and I know that if even ONE of those punches connected with me, I'd either be out like a light or crying in the corner of the ring. I'm just not tough like that.

Then again, I've bounced back from some emotional problems in my life, and I've seen people pack it in when things are less psychologically stressful for them than stuff that's happened to me.

Point is we're all different and all have different capacities.

So just because person X on here can solider on with injury Y - it doesn't necessarily mean everyone else can or should.

From the outside to me it looks like Axl goes though quite a lot psychologically to perform anyway, and he does seem to be a person who analyses everything around him quite deeply - so I can easily see how if he was fucked up to a degree that he felt the show would be of a lesser standard than he can normally do (which it would be if he has to sit the whole show or something) - then I can see how it could become tempting to reschedule for when you're back in the game.

It's lose/lose for him too. If he cancels then he's a pussy. If he performs substandard then it's a cash grab and disrespectful.

I saw a Megadeth/Slayer show here a few years back where the singer from Slayer lost his voice due to a cold and couldn't perform after 1 song. The band bravely played the show anyway instrumentally with people from the audience singing. Many thought this was great from a "show must go on perspective" - but I felt ripped off...I paid $100 for a karokee night....I understood the illness factor...but if i can't get what I pay for I'd rarther they either offered me a refund or rescheduled the show at a time when I can....but instead I got a 1/2 value show....

So I can see the same here. It might be better for Axl to wait till he's Axl again...than to come out all fucked up and be just getting through it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm not gonna judge the man, or say he's a pussy or a trooper.

I'll just say that's one big fucking bruise. I've never had anything like that--not even close, and I take Tae Kwan Do and take a beating all the time. That goes from his ass-crack to his knee.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I live in Ron Thal-type back pain everyday, and i've did 3 hour shows bustin' ass.

Get over it man. Your Axl fuckin Rose, type to Eddie Vedder the bitch and go out there in a cast.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Sorry to hear that Axlin...I think you've mentioned it sometimes.

I guess that's where we're all different though...as I have a similar problem...somedays i can handle it and others not so much...so I can see how Axl could be in a place where he needed the space to be his best.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Thanks man, that's why I totally understood when Ron was having to basically just run off stage after shows, and take extended rests. We all knew something was up with him during that period. When I finally saw him in Orlando, looked into his eyes... I knew that look. He was in immense pain. Been there man.

The thing is those injuries/ailments are even TOUGHER on guitarists. Standing there, no breaks (unlike vocalists), backs arched with those axes thrown over their shoulders.

At least vocalists can run around, walk around, move around quicker. They also can lean on mic stands. The best thing for me is to just keep moving. Just keep moving. That actually helps. But eventually you move so much, your feet just give out. You can only run, jog, jerk around for so long until the rest of your body just goes enough.

There's a total juggle to make sure you can do that show. And once you have that internal pain, especially if it's nerve-related... fuckin' forget it man.

Ron has an excuse. I'm sure Axl's hurt, but he has options the other guys don't. He can rely on his mic stand, sit down a little, and just tell the audience, "listen, I want to be here with you tonight, and this is the situation". And i'm sure even playing a 30 song show, even if Axl sits through the encore, the fans will MORE THAN LOVE.

Sometimes you've just got to find ways to give more, while giving a little less.

ninic
 Rep: -4 

ninic wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

To sit here and defend Axl Rose over a  leg bruise and suggest the shows could not go on is insane.  We could list things all day long where a person showed more balls and overcame much more adversity than what Axl would have to here so..........

Who did that? People only said that it probably really, really hurts. It's not supposed to hurt?

that's what I'm saying, but those two are/were too foolish to see that lol

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
ninic wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

To sit here and defend Axl Rose over a  leg bruise and suggest the shows could not go on is insane.  We could list things all day long where a person showed more balls and overcame much more adversity than what Axl would have to here so..........

Who did that? People only said that it probably really, really hurts. It's not supposed to hurt?

that's what I'm saying, but those two are/were too foolish to see that lol

Your ability to read and comprehend the direction the conversation had gone is pathetic. you should just stop posting altogether.

Board footer