You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: GN'R returns to the UK

Olorin wrote:

With Friday would hurry the fuck up, cannie wait for show this now.

Would be nice if Axl dusted off this rarity:

http://vimeo.com/37034846

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

He keeps falling down...

Hope he's ok though, not good to fall down AGAIN after hurting yourself quite a bit doing whatever he was doing.

AND he fell down on the same exact side it looks like.

Good news is this... he's a rock star. He can afford the most, and best junk and painkillers in the world at a moment's notice.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Well todays the day, bizarrely just like the 2006 show, its a freakishly hot and humid Friday in Glasgow. Yesterday Scotland was hotter than California big_smile
Tonights gonnie be interesting, theres a tradition in Scotland that whenever the sun comes out you strip off and get a cargo of booze and go outdoors and get roaring drunk. Plus its Friday, so everyone would be roaring drunk anyway, but tonight everyone will be particuarly fucked up. On any day of the week Glasgow people love nothing better than a good old rammy, add sun and booze into the mix and there will be no shortage of punch ups, stabbings and murders across the land today 16

Point is, tonight could go 2 ways, GNR could come out to a impenetrable wall of noise and ride the crest of the wave for the next 3 hours... or they attempt to come on stage and find the building getting ripped apart and they get chased right out of town.
Either way there will be fireworks tonight 5

I'm hoping they bust out a Nazareth cover in tribute to the Glasgow band. If they do it would probably be Hair Of The Dog, but I think this would be fitting for tonight...

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Enjoy the show man! Let us know what happens after you've by wined and dined by GNR's rocking show! 5 9

Sky Dog wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Well todays the day, bizarrely just like the 2006 show, its a freakishly hot and humid Friday in Glasgow. Yesterday Scotland was hotter than California big_smile
Tonights gonnie be interesting, theres a tradition in Scotland that whenever the sun comes out you strip off and get a cargo of booze and go outdoors and get roaring drunk. Plus its Friday, so everyone would be roaring drunk anyway, but tonight everyone will be particuarly fucked up. On any day of the week Glasgow people love nothing better than a good old rammy, add sun and booze into the mix and there will be no shortage of punch ups, stabbings and murders across the land today 16

Point is, tonight could go 2 ways, GNR could come out to a impenetrable wall of noise and ride the crest of the wave for the next 3 hours... or they attempt to come on stage and find the building getting ripped apart and they get chased right out of town.
Either way there will be fireworks tonight 5

I'm hoping they bust out a Nazareth cover in tribute to the Glasgow band. If they do it would probably be Hair Of The Dog, but I think this would be fitting for tonight...

sweet post...have fun brother! 5

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

From Fernandos Twitter account.

Can't help but think how that DJ got his head screwed on right 16

0190ce8aa6c711e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/guns-n-rose … dium=email

Guns N Roses And Thin Lizzy Play The UK

by Music-News.com on May 25, 2012

With a stonking hangover courtesy of the Sound City finale, Jo and Jamie head to the Echo Arena to finish off a fantastic weekend of live music in Liverpool, with Guns N’ Roses. Would Axl turn up on time? Would he turn up at all?

As we arrive, Thin Lizzy were doing a fine job of motivating the crowd of ‘older’ rockers urging everyone to stand up; “Rock and Roll is not meant to be comfortable”. Classics such as Whiskey in the Jar and The Boys are Back in Town provide the highlights of their set, like a trip down memory lane viewed through an iPhone screen! Lead singer Ricky Warwick competently fills the shoes of the late Phil Lynott with his excellent vocals, although the hair, leather pants, scissor stance and self-indulgent guitar solos do seem a bit cliché nowadays. Quote of the day comes courtesy of a young steward, who when asked if Thin Lizzy had started, replied, “No, I don’t think she’s on yet!” Awww, bless!

It’s been 19 years to the week since I last saw Guns N’ Roses at Milton Keynes Bowl and I was apprehensive about what to expect from Axl Rose and co. Axl leads his new band to the stage at 11pm after keeping the growingly impatient crowd waiting, who were united in a chorus of pantomime boos. Maybe all we need is just a little “Patience”!

Surprisingly, Axl’s still got it, looking and sounding on fine form as the crowd (and reviewer) go mad for Welcome to the Jungle. Just as we were getting into it, Axl stops the show and threatens to go home because of people throwing “S**t” (actually Axl, it was probably p**s!). He restarts the show, complete with pyrotechnics even louder than the guitars, launching into So Easy and Mr Brownstone and sending the mosh pit into a frenzy. A self-initiated prompt of ‘Guns N’ Roses’ chanting provides a suitable interlude to display the talents of Richard Fortus and DJ Ashba on guitar and Dizzy Reed on piano.

The mix of classic GNR hits interlaced with instrumental jams became the theme for the rest of the gig but the crowd were much more appreciative of the former. With a nod to the Who and Pink Floyd, this is turning out to be a showcase of the best of 80′s rock, which judging by the exodus of a number of bemused people, was probably a bit tedious for anyone other than the hardened fans. The audience soon pick up for Live and Let Die and You Could Be Mine proving Axl is the star of the show, however, Slash’s presence was missed for the classic guitar intro for Sweet Child O’ Mine, which was only one duff note from perfect.

Despite the late start, GNR deliver a mammoth 3 hour set delivering all the classics and much much much more. Winding to a close with Night Train (which I have now missed thanks Axl!) they finally finish at 2am with Paradise City (well, at least I think they did…in truth, the late hour, worsening hangover and lack of stamina has got the better of me and I head home before the end; something I wouldn’t have dreamed of first time around!).

So, if you’re thinking of seeing Guns N’ Roses, take food and supplies; it may be a long night! More endurance than performance? Maybe, but I’m still a fan.

The set list:

Thin Lizzy
Are You Ready
Jailbreak
Don’t Believe a Word
Killer on the Loose
Waiting on an Alibi
Dancing in the Moonlight (It’s Caught Me In Its Spotlight)
Still in Love With You
Whiskey in the Jar
Suicide
Emerald
Rosalie
Black Rose
Cowboy Song
The Boys Are Back in Town

Guns N’ Roses

Main Set
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
It’s So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Sorry
Rocket Queen
Estranged
Richard Fortus Guitar Solo
Instrumental Jam
Live and Let Die
This is Love
Motivation
Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
Street of Dreams
You Could Be Mine
D.J. Ashba Guitar Solo
Sweet Child O’ Mine
Instrumental Jam
Axl Rose Piano Solo
November Rain
Glad to Be Here
Don’t Cry
Civil War
Better
Knockin’ on Heavens Door
Nightrain
Encore
Instrumental Jam
Madagascar
Whole Lotta Rosie
Instrumental Jam
Patience
Instrumental Jam
Paradise City

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Glasgow show was absolutely fantastic, they came on 45 minutes after Thin Lizzy at 10.30 and there was no drama all night, just good times. I went with a mate who wasnt even big GNR fan and he said it was one of the best concerts he'd ever been to. Axl sounded great, had a few dips here and there, but generally ranged from outstanding to very good, my mate couldnt believe how powerful his voice was. I've heard all these stories about his voice has been buried in the mix on recent tours but it was way out in front on Friday, like a fuckin air raid siren!
He showed no signs of being injured, he brought it big time and was smiling and joking away all night.

I thought the 2006 show was better, purely because of how intense the atmosphere was, it was crazy. The atmosphere on Friday night never reached those heights, but it was still the best crowd I've seen this year, everybody was into it. There was a much broader mix of old and young people at this show, whereas at the 2006 show it was mostly younger people. The atmosphere was much friendlier than at the 06 show, there was no fights that I seen and never heard any jeering. I was actually taken aback by how chilled out the crowd was, after Lizzy finished their set loads of folk just sat down on the floor knowing they were in for a wait, but it wasnt much of a wait at all. During Tommys solo spot I went to get a drink and take a piss, I came back and got my position back no hassle. The place was pretty packed but around the outer edges there was loads of room. My mate works in security doing concerts and he knew a few people working that night, he was told when we walked in there was just over 9 thousand in the house.

I had a few wraps of speed in my pocket which I necked when I'd assessed how mental the crowd was and how hot it was in there, it was pretty hot but I bought a program to fan myself and like I said, the crowd wasnt as mental as I'd feared it would be. Mabye the higher cost of the tickets put off the knuckleheads, that night in my local beer garden there was a stabbing, an ear cut off and a child bottled roll

I'm still recovering from the speed so I'll leave the full review till another time, got about 200 pictures and have to sift through and upload the best.

A couple of firsts for me happened at this show:

1st time I've ever took a piss break, although it was more to get me a cool drink cause I was worried about overheating being full of the powder.

1st time I've ever seen security wade through the crowd and emerge with punters, dunno what they were doing but they didnt put up much resistance and security seemed to be on the ball, I guess there was an eye in the sky looking out for potential troublemakers.

1st time I've ever left before the show was done, I stayed until after Maddy and Rosie in the encore, I recognised the jam that was taking place was either going to lead into Patience and Paradise City or just PC. I'd asked my mate if he wanted to stay right until PC before the show and he said no cause he wasnt that keen on that song anyway. Me, I couldnt be fucked sitting in my car for hours, speeding out my nut, trying to escape a carpark for thousands with one exit, an exit that you pay your parking fee when leaving... its a nightmare. So we left after Rosie and were one of the first out of there, the carpark was still full and we were on the road home in seconds, fuckin perfect end to a great night.

Oh aye, not only can he still sing... Axl aint fat.

2ds0nl3.jpg

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

"Mabye the higher cost of the tickets put off the knuckleheads, that night in my local beer garden there was a stabbing, an ear cut off and a child bottled "

classic.....

Board footer