You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Best Live Vocal Performance

Gibbo wrote:
Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Yeah, he's close to 33 percent of the total votes.

Only GN'R boards neglect his performances.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh fuck off, every single person listed on there aren't even good vocalists, especially Kiedis.

Let's all beat off that Myles Kennedy won a vocalist contest beating out Chad Kroeger, Lzzy Hale, Rob Zombie, and the dudes from My Darkest Days, Staind & Mastadon.

Are you kidding me? Even i'll admit Myles is better than every single person on that list. It's like arguing about which shade of shit is darker. I love Zombie, but he's never been a vocalist. Neither is Alice Cooper.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

The guy from Staind can sing. Period. Some others from that list can, too. I agree that Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper or Anthony Kiedis can't sing (waiting for D to come and explode), but in the end it'd turn out that only Robert Plant, Steven Tyler, Eddie Vedder and a few others deserve the 'singer' title in rock music.

I've heard a lot of people claiming that Axl can't sing. Well, technically he's not Christina Aguilera, but rock music was more about feelings and messages, than being the next Pavarotti. Myles' biggest problem beside his nasal affection is that he's not an asshole who thinks he's the second coming. That's why he'll never be in the league of the biggest frontmen. Vocal talent wise he could rival almost anyone.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

If Myles didn't have that nasal thing, he'd be the most unique voice in modern rock today. That I totally agree with.

Because despite those that say "Myles is just generic modern rock", he really isn't. Pretty much modern rock radio is dominated by Layne Staley/Eddie Vedder ripoff artists that were born through the Scott Stapp's and Chad Kroeger's.

Myles is NOTHING like those dudes, and actually has a beautiful lower register that he refuses to use for whatever reason. But his range is great, and he has a throwback rock vocalist sound that's more of a tribute to 70's blues rock meets 80's sleaze "nuts in a vise" screechers.

But the nasal thing buries him. Not only does it sound terrible, but it's flat.

Axl's "helium" sound has actual power and range to it, even though it sounds terrible.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

The guy from Staind can sing. Period

This. I'm not a big fan of Stained BUT Aaron Lewis is an incredible singer

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That Patience cover he did was overrated.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

That Patience cover he did was overrated.

Not sure what that has to do with anything but he's done more than a  Patience cover for me to think he can flat out sing 16 I don't judge singers on their ability to cover Guns N' Roses songs. If I did I'd think most singers I like suck.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Why not? We shit on Myles for sucking on Axl songs.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Why not? We shit on Myles for sucking on Axl songs.

I shit on myles for having an annoying voice. The fact Aaron lewis can flat out sing doesn't even remotely hinge on his cover of Patience. IF Myles had a killer voice ot my ears on Slash's new album I could give a fuck if he coverd Axl's songs well or not. It's irrelevant Liek I said if I based a singers ability on whether they can do justice to an Axl Rose song I'd hate all the singers I like. At the same time I'd never base my opinion on Axl's voice on his ability to sing Whos' Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses cause to be honest it'd probably suck.

I think Myles sings SCOM pretty damn well but as a whole his voice annoyes me.

Board footer