You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

otto wrote:

Axl vocals on this one are so close to the studio version it's insane...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The way you guys were talking I thought it was going to sound like a disaster. Axl sounds good here. Much better at the first half than second, but no complaints from me.

Izzy sounds AWESOME here. Damn near exactly like the studio version.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Furbush wrote:
Bono wrote:
Aussie wrote:

It annoys me too that Izzy could do this but not turn up for the HOF thing.

Yup I agree. it's cool that Izzy pops up here but I don't respect his decisoion to just skip the RRHOF for no apparent reason other than he's too cool.

And yeah the cynic could say once again Axl has told us and everyone to move on yet here he is yet again performing with an original member and it's the most exciting thing in ages.

Like I said it's cool Izzy showed up here but come the fuk on. If they can dick around with and dangle the past in front of everyone so often what was so damn hard about reunitiung for the HOF? Axl vs Slash boo fucking hoo. All idiots.

Izzy sounds aweosme on 14 years. Axl... meh like someone else said it's that mickey mouseish voice going on.

This.

When I heard about Izzy being there, I had that fraction of a millisecond of excitement...

Then I caught myself...

Fuck them both.

Fuck Axl for pulling his "quit living in the past" horseshit, because we wanted the fucking prick to get onstage with AFD-era  band members for a song or two in Cleveland.. thennnn.... bringing Izzy onstage with him mere weeks later to play, like... a fucking half dozen songs.

Fuck Izzy for not going to Ohio for 20 minutes, to appease a large percentage of the people that made him a very rich man.. Yet hop on a plane to London to play songs he wrote 20 years ago with, essentially, a bunch of strangers, and...

Wait for it....

Pose for photos with DJ Ashba...

Izzy can lick my balls what a tosser

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

The way you guys were talking I thought it was going to sound like a disaster. Axl sounds good here. Much better at the first half than second, but no complaints from me.

I thought Axl was better in the 2nd half.  Thought it was solid nonetheless and a nice surprise.  Perhaps Dust N' Bones tomorrow night?

I think Izzy MIGHT have gone to the Rock Hall if Axl did.  Once Axl was out, Izzy wanted no part of it.  Can't say I blame him.  He was never one for the drama.  Like was stated, Izzy and Axl were boys for a long time.  They've made peace.  That's why Izzy is comfortable doing a few songs with them from time to time.  If we're to believe Marc Canter, Axl was willing to forgive Slash, albeit on HIS terms.  If they made peace then they probably could've squashed the feud.  That didn't happen, so the hatred remains.  Simple as that really.

And I have to agree with Bono about the "doing fans a favor by cutting the encore short" being ironic, to put it nicely.  That's the first thing I thought about when I read that.  Well, if he took the stage a little earlier, he wouldn't have to cut the encore short.  Now if he goes out tomorrow night and does that, then I'll give him credit.  But I highly doubt that will happen.  Maybe they'll cut the show to 2 1/2 hours now instead of 3.  Still a solid show, but that doesn't make it "right".

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
ninic wrote:

lol he begs for someone to lay it on him so he can run back and say "see Axl's a**wipers are the idiot kissing drones everyone says they are"  no, not gonna give you (and a few here) the satisfaction. What for?  Besides if anything I'm glad someone is fianlly giving Izzy a little of the same dishing that they love to give to Axl.  (Though I like/respect Izzy) Whatever his reasons, still Axl had company of not being the ONLY one to not show up last month.

Alas, let's enjoy the day(s) and if that's all ya got than that's cool Chow' but yeah, go to bed lol

here's him and Ashba, I know they'll be a few around of him and Axl soon:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kNIiMHwy1-0/T … 531-12.jpg

DJ looks like such a poon.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
ninic wrote:

here's him and Ashba, I know they'll be a few around of him and Axl soon:

GNR.Izzy%2BwDJ%2BAshba.London.0531-12.jpg

Absolutely love this shot. Old rock, new rock. Izzy & DJ. Both look great. Dig it.

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

I thought Axl was better in the 2nd half.  Thought it was solid nonetheless and a nice surprise.  Perhaps Dust N' Bones tomorrow night?

I think Izzy MIGHT have gone to the Rock Hall if Axl did.  Once Axl was out, Izzy wanted no part of it.  Can't say I blame him.  He was never one for the drama.  Like was stated, Izzy and Axl were boys for a long time.  They've made peace.  That's why Izzy is comfortable doing a few songs with them from time to time.  If we're to believe Marc Canter, Axl was willing to forgive Slash, albeit on HIS terms.  If they made peace then they probably could've squashed the feud.  That didn't happen, so the hatred remains.  Simple as that really.

And I have to agree with Bono about the "doing fans a favor by cutting the encore short" being ironic, to put it nicely.  That's the first thing I thought about when I read that.  Well, if he took the stage a little earlier, he wouldn't have to cut the encore short.  Now if he goes out tomorrow night and does that, then I'll give him credit.  But I highly doubt that will happen.  Maybe they'll cut the show to 2 1/2 hours now instead of 3.  Still a solid show, but that doesn't make it "right".

I completely agree with all of this. Izzy didn't go as an "F U" to the fans. Izzy didn't go because there was no point without Axl.

I stand at the same place today as I did then.... if anybody deserves the "fuck you" it's Axl. He fucked it up. Not Izzy. Izzy would've been there if Axl was. Axl's typical heel bullshit fucked up a Guns N' Roses reunion that could've potentially merged the AFD & UYI lineups, which would've been a glorious moment for the fans. Axl & Slash back on a stage, Izzy & Gilby, Steven & Matt, plus Dizzy.... would've been a Metallica HOF moment for GN'R, and everything that happened during their heyday that made them the HOF legends they are today.

As for 14 Years, I give Axl as much shit as anybody for his voice... but it wasn't that bad. Honestly it wasn't. Sure it was Myles-ish nasily on certain parts, and I went to cringe, but Axl leveled out and frankly it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it, and Izzy sounded damn near studio-quality. Axl wasn't St. Louis '91 (my favorite live version), but he wasn't terrible or unlistenable either. But I get it, helium Axl. Whatta gonna do.

Honestly? As a fan I truely thought it was a bad ass moment seeing Izzy FRONTING GN'R again with Axl in the background, and DJ, Ron & Richard being super cool and getting as much face time with Izzy as they could, as guitarists, and then Axl kinda fading into the back.

I'm not gonna say something Jarmofuhrer stupid like "this is a band", but it was a pretty bad ass moment to me.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
-D- wrote:

no complaints here. especially since they did 14 years.

had Izzy just did usual run of AFD woulda been meh, but 14 years is HUGE

look how much cooler Izzy looks than DJ

Yeah I've never been a fan of Ashba's style of clothing. The Guy looks like he should be playing in the band My Chemical Romance or some Emo band. I still like his guitar playing though

johndivney wrote:

yea exactly^ was surprised to see axlin think dj looks good.
that pick shows only serves to highlight what was & what is: izzy is the real deal, dj is a phony baloney.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Ok, Izzy steps on stage and does 14 years and what do I get/seehere? Just a lot of shit. Only guy worth reading is Axlin because he can actually say something good and positive when there is something good and positive to say

Honestly? As a fan I truely thought it was a bad ass moment seeing Izzy FRONTING GN'R again with Axl in the background, and DJ, Ron & Richard being super cool and getting as much face time with Izzy as they could, as guitarists, and then Axl kinda fading into the back.

I saw the clip, thought it rocked. Thought it was fucking cool that Izzy stopped by again.

"Izzy can lick my balls?"
"DJ looks like such a poon?"

What are you? Five year olds??

And fucking lay off DJ for once.

Board footer