You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

DCK wrote:

My God you are good Axlin

Sky Dog wrote:

this board has lost touch......good things happen, people bitch....bad things happen, people bitch. Hmmmmm, seems like a disease.

When suppertime came the old cook came on deck sayin'.
"Fellas, it's too rough t'feed ya."
At seven P.M. a main hatchway caved in; he said,
"Fellas, it's bin good t'know ya!"
The captain wired in he had water comin' in
and the good ship and crew was in peril.
And later that night when it's lights went outta sight
came the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just so it doesn't get lost in nonsense, I understand where Monkey is coming from, even though I completely disagree... About everything involving your stance on Izzy 16

smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Nobody's really talking about the most obvious conspiracy here.  Izzy played a song that GN'R used to cover, but they only covered it then because it was on a Gilby solo album.  I think this is Axl saying he'd rather be playing with Gilby than Izzy.  16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Izzy needs to start busting out his Rod Stewart intro to Patience again.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bono wrote:

Duff got ragged for OPENING for Guns. Nobody ragged on him when he joined Guns on stage prior to that.

Izzy isn't getting ragged on for simply joining Guns on stage. He's getting ragged on for doing so while being too cool to show for the RRHOF. Nobody ever ragged on Izzy for joining Guns on stage before this.

This.

Izzy's playing with Axl is cool (although I reserve 'awesome' for better things). Be it for the money or their old friendship, doesn't matter that much at this point. Any of the old guys playing with any other is cool. I won't get superexcited though that they play more UYI stuff and moving on revisiting the past even more, while banning Slash's shirts (and selling AFD crosses).

Anyway, this London gig turned out unexpectedly good, knowing the limitations Axl means.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Izzy being on stage with new GN'R over old GN'R in Cleveland is because, well... what really matters?

In London, something MUSICALLY relevant is taking place, and Izzy is MAKING money, BUT pissing off alot of his old fans. BUT in Cleveland, Izzy is taking place is something incredibly FORCED for the sake of doing it, COSTING him money, and being apart of a put on for Jann Wenner's ego.

To be perfectly honest I think it's the other way around.

Does anyone out there other than us really give a fuck that Izzy played with DJ and called it GNR? Hell half of us forum dudes are the biggest nerds for this shit on the planet, and even we only give a partial fuck. There's no musical relevance with Izzy playing a 1991 song with, as much as I personally love them, what the media consideres to be a fake band.....

Now if he wrote a new song with modern GNR...or if modern GNR did anything except play the old songs bingo....but no...there's nothing all that musically relevant going on in london....

But a reunited GNR show with 4/5 of GNR would have got some media attention, it DID get some media attention even without Axl and Izzy. Sure it would be forced...but whatever happens that night is of importance to rock fans...if GNR sound like shit at their induction or sounded great...there's your relevance....no one gives a fuck what happens on the modern tours because 90% of the world considers it "Axl and his merry men" and the story is only ever going to be about late starts, t-shirts or other shinagians...

So yeah....I see it the other way around from you...forced or not...seemed to me izzy's happy to cameo in the simulated and controlled world of the GNR charade..but afraid to show up where it counts and he's amongst his actual peers...the people who wrote the GNR songs.....

(By charade... i mean the amazing musicans who I love but who are inhibited from releasing anything of their own thus demoting the whole experience to a cover show.....but yet who talk about "GNR's RETURN TO THE RITZ" and "Playing estranged for the first time in 15 years" as if they had anything to do with those albums/tours that they recreate each night....it's getting very stepford wives to me and I say that as a guy who enjoys the fuck out of the band....but lets face facts...it's not 1991 GNR so why do we have to pretend it is...let them do their own album Axl....please.....)

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I just find it weird that people are insulting Izzy for performing with Axl.

Those cats again have a history that predates Guns N' Roses.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that Izzy would be the first one to reconnected with Axl, it is kind of a natural thing and looking at it from a historical context.

Izzy just does what he wants.

I don't know about you guys but I value my friendships I made a long time ago and if I am still friends with said person, they are in a more favourable light than a newer friend. As it is years of trust versus someone new.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...i see that they're old friends...it does make some sense in that regards....what would have been good is if he didn't take sides though...he could have turned up at the RRHOF to show some respect...then come and played with axl his mate...and lending some legitimacy to what Axl does....now THAT would have been good...but I guess he was blowdrying his socks that night or whatever "cool" people do.

Board footer