You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

Sky Dog wrote:
RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

That's some cool work on those dials.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Lets be fair to Axl...it's easier to get better at guitar at 50 than it is to sing (especially high notes) at 50.  Paul McCartney is still Paul McCartney, but even he can't hit the high notes he hit when he was in his 20s, and it's been going downhill for several years.  Axl is still Axl.

Paul sounded fucking HORRIBLE on that Tribute to the Queen show the other day.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I didn't see it but I have heard a few people now say that about Paul and the Queens thing he played at.  A couple of people saying it were the "non-musical" types that wouldn't know shit from clay too.  So if they found it hurt their ears and felt the need to comment then it must have been pretty bad.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Has Axl moved forward yet?  yawn

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I didn't see it but I have heard a few people now say that about Paul and the Queens thing he played at.  A couple of people saying it were the "non-musical" types that wouldn't know shit from clay too.  So if they found it hurt their ears and felt the need to comment then it must have been pretty bad.

Yeah I normally give Paul credit, and he slammed it when he played the Super Bowl awhile back.

But he was down at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebration. Pitchy as hell, no power (not that he's Axl), winded, just... bleh. Elton John was sick and had said so, and Elton's set was still better than Paul's, and frankly the better one of the night. Stevie Wonder sounded fuckin' terrible too. None of them were great.

Put it to you this way, when Paul sang Live and Let Die... he made 2012 Axl, sound like 1991 Axl.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Well then you are flat out fucking wrong because to be honest the backlash Izzy is/was recieving has nothing to do with an Axl vs Slash thing right now. It's obvious that isn't it and it's painfully obvious the backlash he's recived has been blown so far outta proportion by those who don't get why he's recieving any to begin with. People like you and ID have made a mountain out of a mole hill. Seriously. You guys have a bigger issue with the people having an issue with Izzy than those who actually have the issue with Izzy. It's fucking hilarious.

the fact you don't belive had Axl showed up to the RRHOF and Slash skipped out that Slash would be getting shit on and Axl would've been praised for it is hilarious. It's not about Axl vs Slsh right now it's about who did the right thinga dn who fucked off.  It's so narrow minded on your part to think it's all about Axl hate. You do dumb it down. You think people need to be in one camp or the other. Slash vs Axl. Hilarious. That isn't even remotely the case in this situation but like I said it's easier for you to digest and understand if you lay it out that way.

I've been away for some time, so pardon me for the tardiness in my reply.  Sorry, but I'm not sure how qualified you are to tell me that my opinion is wrong.  That's why it's MY opinion.  I feel most arguments on this and all boards GNR related boil down to Axl vs. Slash.  You may disagree.  But to say "I'm wrong", well, is wrong.

We could argue for days on end, and oh what fun that would be.  We view things differently obviously.  Let's leave it at that.

Thanks to Sky Dog for trying his best to pull this thread back in its original direction.  I TRIED to do that myself, but my post about the RNRHOF and Axl vs. Slash was more interesting I guess.  Who knew?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

And just to go back pages and agree... faldor is right. This all boils down to Axl vs. Slash, and did with Duff in 2010 & 2011, and now Izzy in 2012.

Anybody that doesn't get that has been clicking their mouse with their dick for the last 10 years.

EVERY FUCKING THING on GN'R boards is about Axl vs. Slash. Always. I hope to Christ himself it's not "Forever". That would be tragically sad. I'm already burnt the fuck out on it and have been for eons.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

I've been away for some time, so pardon me for the tardiness in my reply.  Sorry, but I'm not sure how qualified you are to tell me that my opinion is wrong.  That's why it's MY opinion.  I feel most arguments on this and all boards GNR related boil down to Axl vs. Slash.  You may disagree.  But to say "I'm wrong", well, is wrong.

We could argue for days on end, and oh what fun that would be.  We view things differently obviously.  Let's leave it at that.

Thanks to Sky Dog for trying his best to pull this thread back in its original direction.  I TRIED to do that myself, but my post about the RNRHOF and Axl vs. Slash was more interesting I guess.  Who knew?

Well I'm fully qualified to tell you, you are wrong when you tell others what they have an issue with. When people flat out tell you why they have an issue with something and you disregard that and tell them their issue is in fact somehting else, well you're wrong. When I tell you my issue doesn't boil down to Axl vs Slash and you tell me it does, you're fucking wrong so....

Board footer