You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Lindsey Lohan broke

PaSnow wrote:

It's all fake to keep them in the headlines. Lindsay, Paris & Britney have the best publicists in town. There's no such thing as bad publicity, so anything to keep these girls in the headlines generates revenue on some level (photo shoots for mag covers, TMZ exclusives, parties etc). Whatever happened to the girls from American Pie, or Clueless, or Jessica & Ashlee Simpson, they're close to B-list celebreties now because they've been out of the headlines & movies for so long. These girls (Lohan, Britney, Paris) can get paid $20,000+ to make appearances at clubs in LA & Vegas. They ain't broke.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Paris will never be broke, and considering how many albums Britney sold, I doubt she ever goes broke either. However, its easy to see how someone like Lohan would have already went through her bank account. Living like that isn't cheap. Not only does she buy tons of drugs, clothes,etc., she has to pay her group of hangers on a bunch of cash to keep them with her. You do realize that when a star has a group of people with them, those people are usually on that star's payroll? Its why when a star has a fall from grace and is either not popular or broke(maybe both), any time they are seen publicly, its alone or with a significant other. They can no longer afford having fake friends.

Lets say she gets $20,000 to be at the grand opening of some club. After she has bought enough coke to support her and from 5 to 10 peoples drug habit and how ever many guys she's gonna be with, that twenty thousand turns into pennies really quick.

The reason you never see the celebrities you listed is because the media no longer cares about them. The girls from American Pie still make movies, and Simpson was in a film recently. They just cant buy publicity.

I would imagine it would be very hard for these people to adjust back to a normal lifestyle. Ashlee Simpson is probably going insane. She went from a Spears type lifestyle of every move she made being reported in the tabloids and her getting off on the attention to the point where if she jumped in front of a bus no one would care, not even the bus driver.

This is why these types of stars need to understand the type of career they are allowing themselves, and to start saving their money instead of spending like there is no tomorrow. The second that the media starts ignoring a media star, its over.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

May i mention something :

Look at their mothers !!

It's no surprise.

Dina Lohan is a drug abuser, Britney's mother is a fame seeker, Paris's mother is a weird woman into all kinds of fetishs and probably addicted to alcohol, HAYDEN PANNETIERE's mother has got a whore reputation, Nicole Ritchie has a dad who likes trannies apparently and a mother involved in an awful plastic surgery scandal.

If all of this is public to us, it is to their kids.

How do you expect them to turn out normal ?

James

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

It's all fake to keep them in the headlines.

No its not. Lohan is notorious for being a coked out slut. Its not a ploy. That big gossip site actually had the footage on their site months ago of Lohan snorting coke in that bathroom with a bunch of chicks bragging about flying to NY to fuck some dude. She also fucked several dudes the last time she was in rehab. Probably did this time as well. Supposedly just about every rapper has fucked her as well.

She's nothing but trash. She was an unknown actress who lucked into getting to star in a kid's movie and thats how she got her fame. The minute she got that money, she started putting all the money up her nose and fucking anything in NY or LA that moved. The public got sick of this crap and doesn't go see any of her movies. Now she is in the death throes of her career by living as a tabloid star that only the media and a few bloggers care about.

The only thing fake about this culture is their celebrity. The media presents them as real stars when in reality they are not.

They cant sell a cd, cant sell a movie, and cant sell a magazine.

James

James wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

Look at their mothers !!

It's no surprise.

Dina Lohan is a drug abuser, Britney's mother is a fame seeker, Paris's mother is a weird woman into all kinds of fetishs and probably addicted to alcohol, HAYDEN PANNETIERE's mother has got a whore reputation, Nicole Ritchie has a dad who likes trannies apparently and a mother involved in an awful plastic surgery scandal.

You're mixing up Lionel Richie with Eddie Murphy. Lionel doesn't fuck transvestite prostitutes.

I also dont buy the excuse as to why they turned out that way. Halle Berry didn't have a great life before she was famous, and was actually beat up by a boyfriend so bad she is almost completely deaf in one ear. I never seen her spreading her legs in clubs while snorting a mountain of coke.

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

she'd prob still salvage a career of sorts here in the UK - not because she is especially loved - but because the UK tabloids thrive on this sort of shit.  They can make or break and maintain a person's career for far too long thes days - and they seem particularly keen on focusing on people with limited talents, e.g. Lohan and Pete Doherty

Lohan is news over here because she does drugs, fks around, goes to rehab, has reconcilements with estranged members of her family etc etc - people read about THAT.  They dont give a crap about her movies or "music".  She could come here and do a few interviews that would prob pay her well.  not that I personally think she's worthy of airtime.  And it is very sad that she could be paid good money for that, when every minute detail of her life is reported here anyway.

I would like to see the obsession with Lohan and her ilk die down - its very unhealthy when you realise you know where Britney or Lohan have been driving for a smoothie last week, what "sensational" see-through top they were wearing at the weekend.  B o r i n g.  but the papers here thrive on it.  And they dont seem to be finding her antics dull anytime soon either.  sigh.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Jameslofton wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

Look at their mothers !!

It's no surprise.

You're mixing up Lionel Richie with Eddie Murphy. Lionel doesn't fuck transvestite prostitutes.

I also dont buy the excuse as to why they turned out that way. Halle Berry didn't have a great life before she was famous, and was actually beat up by a boyfriend so bad she is almost completely deaf in one ear. I never seen her spreading her legs in clubs while snorting a mountain of coke.

You mean lionel is one of the rare men who don't ? lol ( sorry, sick joke)

Halle's mum was not famous was she ?
Halle did not start her career that young did she ?

Let's compare child stars with child stars.
a
They all had fucked up parents, and all kids turned bad, including maccaulay ( who i wonder was maybe fucked up by jackson a little more ?), drew barrymore, jodie foster went a bit weird too, za za gabor is/ was WAY out, Liz Taylor acted like a loonie all her life, also look at sports people and their families, especially in tennis and ice skating...

I do buy the excuse.

When you have a secure environnement emotionally, it drastically cuts down possiblities of the child growing up to be what i call a " lost soul".

They haven(t been shown barriers, they haven't been raised properly, they have had no childhood, they stepped into an adult world unprepared and unprotected and they have had access to their money before 18 ( that in france can't happen as it's illegal).

They are big kids, adult kids, they are still testing their entourage, they are still trying to find people who can show them barriers, limits.

CALL SUPERNANNY !

lol

James

James wrote:

Halle wasn't a child star, but she was in the pageant world as a teen. Natalie Portman was a child actress and she is about as classy as it gets.

I agree that a large percentage of child stars do fuck things up, but it cant all be blamed on parents. They must take responsibility themselves. The main topic of this thread(Lohan) never even had any pressure. Fame and money was handed to her on a silver platter for nothing, and no big things were expected of her. Imagine being a 12 year old girl(Portman), and you are so good in your first performance people are saying you are the next Audrey Hepburn. Talk about pressure. She never allowed the "dark side" to take over her life. She actually walked away from the spotlight for a few years to go to college.

Board footer