You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR’s and SLASH’s performance of Paradise City in HELLFEST, France

Sky Dog wrote:

this is too funny...here is D's review of the show he saw in December....literally cracking up while reading it........

U know how I know Axl is the greatest frontman of all time and an absolute living Icon and Legend?? When he walked out onstage, first I almost hyperventilated, 2nd, Axl looked like he was 10 feet tall. I felt had i met him, I would've came up to his ankles. That is a testament to his aura and larger than life talent.

First thing I noticed right away was Axl is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more active and physical than the Youtube boots do him justice. I thought i was watching 1992 Axl all over again the way he was all over the stage, running,spinning, jumping,dancing etc.

In an era where his peers hide behind a guitar or stand in one spot, Axl makes all other frontmen look absolutely amateurish. He is without a doubt in a class by himself. You don't fully appreciate or get the FULL power of Axl's scream during LALD till u hear it in concert. I must have said HOLY SHIT like 20 times.

The true Superstar of the evening though was Mr DJ Ashba. Holy fuck this guy is out of this world. He spent most of the time in my section at the railing, so Forgive me if i favor him too much over Richard or Ron, but watching him run,jump and then STAND on the railing and play guitar and interact with the fans while doing so.. just absolutely what GNR was missing.

He would have one foot on the rail, one over it, and he would sidestep down the rail while playing PERFECTLY. The justice he does to my favorite riffs and solos of all time is appreciated.  He even jumped into our section during Nightrain and was standing 5 feet away playing. A female attacked him while walking up the aisle and laid a giant french kiss on him! LOL

Ron also was complete class everytime he came over to our rail. Richard mainly stayed in the middle and on the other side as did Tommy.

Seeing Axl literally 5 feet from me was something I will never forget and a memory that will remain till I die. I promise he smiled at me during Madagascar as I knew every lyric of course. DJ pointed at me during Shackler's

Came just short of catching DJ's pick.... Damn douche next to me!!

The entire concert was a highlight but the best moments were Axl's funny Gravy n biscuit story *growing up, he ate fried bologna in Indiana, C'mon Axl*  As Axl was walking to his tent, a drunk guy in my section in front of me yelled "I love you Axl" Axl turned around and waved LOL

All in All was the absolute greatest concert I've ever been to and I 100 percent support this lineup and want MORE! This lineup has to do an album together. The chemistry and talent in this band can rule the world and save rock n roll.

Show began at 11pm, ended around 2:05am and I got home around 4:15am had to be up at 9. I've been a zombie all day but thinking of the concert last night got me through my day!!!

Axl's jumps in place during Better were outrageous. I think I'm gonna have to check his birth certificate. no way he should be able to get up that high. White Men DEFINITELY can jump.
Axl looked in really good shape. not fat at all.

Oh yeah, seeing them definitely made me a believer.

Listened to SLash and Myles Civil War and I used to think it kicked ass til I heard Axl sing it a gain.
not even close.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

no doubt....that was my point. The 2 Atlanta shows I went to were awesome. Axl killed it and the 8-10 people I was with thought he was great.

On Tool's main fan board, if you don't go to the show, you can't discuss the show. They will delete your posts.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I too was in Atl this last go around. Good show. As I stated, they mix Axl perfect to mask his fading voice.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Olorin wrote:
WARose wrote:

he definitely doesn`t sound worse than 2011. no fuckin way! i was stunned how great he sounded on paradise city in mönchen gladbach to be honest.

Ya man, I was blown away by his performance, the lad I was with couldnt believe how good Axl was. I spoke to a lot of people in work who went, younger and a lot older people than me and the verdict was unanimous, the concert was brilliant. I honestly expeted to here grumbles and moans about the start time etc cause thats all you here in the media but noone gave a fuck, like I said in my review - I was one of the first out of there when I left during the encore, the place was packed right until the end, people loved it, and I was genuinally one of the first to call it a night, i never had to queue to get out the car park which usually takes hours, I was back in my house in about half an hour 9

I'm probably going to get destroyed for this, but I believe this and SkyDog's re-post of D's review prove one thing;

Those at a GN'R concert seem to have a lot more fun than those watching a GN'R concert on YouTube.

You think?  You mean Axl hasn't completely lost it in one years time?  Or is it that people who got all in a tiff because Axl ruined their life by not showing up in Cleveland one evening in April hear him differently now?

Hmmm...

Look, there's no doubt youtube videos don't do any artist justice.  You can say Axl sounds like shit all you want.  But in LARGE PART, the reviews say otherwise from critics and concertgoers alike.  If you want to disregard that, be my guest.  Live the world through youtube from now on and base all you opinions on that.  You'll never have to leave the house again.

Sky Dog wrote:

Olorin saw him less than a month ago....he is a pretty level headed, unbiased guy....

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Live in concert, beered up, smoked up, fired up, feeling the roar of the crowd and the heat of the pyros cannot be captured by sitting in work watching the shaky footage from a two inch square chinese-made camera phone posted on youtube.

Axl like all humans, will have good days and bad. I think the man maybe tired and overdue delivering an album but I cannot take away from him the work it takes to get out there and sing 23 year old Axl vocals three nights a week.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

no doubt....that was my point. The 2 Atlanta shows I went to were awesome. Axl killed it and the 8-10 people I was with thought he was great.

On Tool's main fan board, if you don't go to the show, you can't discuss the show. They will delete your posts.

Actually, that's not a bad philosophy in terms of critiquing the show.  I don't know about any sort of discussion, etc., but as far as critiquing, that's an interesting philosophy that fan board has.

Ali

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Ya man, I was blown away by his performance, the lad I was with couldnt believe how good Axl was. I spoke to a lot of people in work who went, younger and a lot older people than me and the verdict was unanimous, the concert was brilliant. I honestly expeted to here grumbles and moans about the start time etc cause thats all you here in the media but noone gave a fuck, like I said in my review - I was one of the first out of there when I left during the encore, the place was packed right until the end, people loved it, and I was genuinally one of the first to call it a night, i never had to queue to get out the car park which usually takes hours, I was back in my house in about half an hour 9

I'm probably going to get destroyed for this, but I believe this and SkyDog's re-post of D's review prove one thing;

Those at a GN'R concert seem to have a lot more fun than those watching a GN'R concert on YouTube.

You think?  You mean Axl hasn't completely lost it in one years time?  Or is it that people who got all in a tiff because Axl ruined their life by not showing up in Cleveland one evening in April hear him differently now?

Hmmm...

Look, there's no doubt youtube videos don't do any artist justice.  You can say Axl sounds like shit all you want.  But in LARGE PART, the reviews say otherwise from critics and concertgoers alike.  If you want to disregard that, be my guest.  Live the world through youtube from now on and base all you opinions on that.  You'll never have to leave the house again.

I noticed and thought what you stated in the bolded/italicized part as well.  Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that 22

Ali

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

this is too funny...here is D's review of the show he saw in December....literally cracking up while reading it........

U know how I know Axl is the greatest frontman of all time and an absolute living Icon and Legend?? When he walked out onstage, first I almost hyperventilated, 2nd, Axl looked like he was 10 feet tall. I felt had i met him, I would've came up to his ankles. That is a testament to his aura and larger than life talent.

First thing I noticed right away was Axl is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more active and physical than the Youtube boots do him justice. I thought i was watching 1992 Axl all over again the way he was all over the stage, running,spinning, jumping,dancing etc.

In an era where his peers hide behind a guitar or stand in one spot, Axl makes all other frontmen look absolutely amateurish. He is without a doubt in a class by himself. You don't fully appreciate or get the FULL power of Axl's scream during LALD till u hear it in concert. I must have said HOLY SHIT like 20 times.

The true Superstar of the evening though was Mr DJ Ashba. Holy fuck this guy is out of this world. He spent most of the time in my section at the railing, so Forgive me if i favor him too much over Richard or Ron, but watching him run,jump and then STAND on the railing and play guitar and interact with the fans while doing so.. just absolutely what GNR was missing.

He would have one foot on the rail, one over it, and he would sidestep down the rail while playing PERFECTLY. The justice he does to my favorite riffs and solos of all time is appreciated.  He even jumped into our section during Nightrain and was standing 5 feet away playing. A female attacked him while walking up the aisle and laid a giant french kiss on him! LOL

Ron also was complete class everytime he came over to our rail. Richard mainly stayed in the middle and on the other side as did Tommy.

Seeing Axl literally 5 feet from me was something I will never forget and a memory that will remain till I die. I promise he smiled at me during Madagascar as I knew every lyric of course. DJ pointed at me during Shackler's

Came just short of catching DJ's pick.... Damn douche next to me!!

The entire concert was a highlight but the best moments were Axl's funny Gravy n biscuit story *growing up, he ate fried bologna in Indiana, C'mon Axl*  As Axl was walking to his tent, a drunk guy in my section in front of me yelled "I love you Axl" Axl turned around and waved LOL

All in All was the absolute greatest concert I've ever been to and I 100 percent support this lineup and want MORE! This lineup has to do an album together. The chemistry and talent in this band can rule the world and save rock n roll.

Show began at 11pm, ended around 2:05am and I got home around 4:15am had to be up at 9. I've been a zombie all day but thinking of the concert last night got me through my day!!!

Axl's jumps in place during Better were outrageous. I think I'm gonna have to check his birth certificate. no way he should be able to get up that high. White Men DEFINITELY can jump.
Axl looked in really good shape. not fat at all.

Oh yeah, seeing them definitely made me a believer.

Listened to SLash and Myles Civil War and I used to think it kicked ass til I heard Axl sing it a gain.
not even close.

It was an emotional response after a concert.  He's hardly the first to have one.

Board footer