You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Nick Sterling out of Sebastian Bach Band?

monkeychow wrote:

Came across this interview with Baz:

http://93rockon.com/blogs/post/alee/201 … t-trouble/

Apparently Nick Sterling refused to sign release forms to allow Baz to film shows and has been sitting out gigs over "contractual issues".

We'd have to know what the terms are of those contracts to know if Nick's just looking out for his own fair interests or if he's being as much of a dick as Baz seems to impy here.

Baz also cites unprofessional behaviour and says Nick drinks on stage (against band rules) and is also banned from canada (making tours there problematic).

It's interesting as Nick was a major writing force on Kicking and Screaming as I understand it.

Although personally I've always been a fan of Baz's lesser known guitarist Johnny Chromatic....he's a fucking monster player.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

Interesting. We saw Nick last year with him, and he was great. We're seeing Bach again this weekend.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Agreed about just giving him the boot. Nick's stupid if he thinks he's irreplaceable.

On the other hand, it's got to KIND of suck to break into rock and roll, but into a band that's already been through the partying, addiction and recovery multiple times. Drinking on stage!!! Oh my, the mere thought gives me the vapors!

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Remember those old PSA's, where the father catches the kid with drugs and says "Where did you learn about this stuff!?" And the kid says "I learned it from watching YOU!" smile

Literally every young replacement player these older acts hire on could say the same thing.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd be curious to know Nick's side of it.

The drinking is unprofessional. Yes it's rock. But still - people pay to see you perform and you're rarely at your best while under the influence.

The contract issue on the other hand I'd be curious to know the details. Is he demanding primodona shit that's unreasonable? Or was the default band contract too harsh? He did write a lot of the songs on that album.  So i could see an argument for him wanting a decent pay rate if it gets made into a live DVD and so on. Then again...Baz is his employer and it's baz who takes all the risks with the band and so on.

And nick would be crazy to risk his place in the band....there's millions of people who'd love to take his shoes.

Hell even I have songs I'd love to have Baz sing wink

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Nick better shape up and respect rock greatness! I agree with the rest of you. If he doesn't, then kick his ass out of the band!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This kid sounds perfect for GN'R.

And if anyone saw that Supergroup show with Baz on VH1 then you know Baz will make shit up, exaggerate and deliberately mislead people about things. I take what he says with a grain of salt.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
misterID wrote:

This kid sounds perfect for GN'R.

And if anyone saw that Supergroup show with Baz on VH1 then you know Baz will make shit up, exaggerate and deliberately mislead people about things. I take what he says with a grain of salt.

He was once rumoured to replace Robin in GN'R. There was even mentions of him jamming with the band by Bumble and Richard.

There were lots of rumours going back then based on this.

Board footer