You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Question About Universals Best Selling Artists?

AtariLegend wrote:

This actually is a serious question, how many artists at Universal have a higher "total album sales" than Guns N' Roses...?

http://new.umusic.com/Artists.aspx?Index=0

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Elton John, Luciano Pavarotti, Janet Jackson, Bon Jovi, Barry White and Mariah Carey have all reached the 100 million album mark. GNR's said to in the 90 million territory.

- source

Elton's Universal's biggest singular artist in terms of record sales. GNR is most likely have the best sales with least original albums.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Yeah, I mean those figures are impressive for any artist, but especially for a band with only two proper albums. No one else on that list can claim those sales.

JonathanvonDoom wrote:

with only two proper albums.

I don't know if that's a typo or not, but only two proper albums?

AtariLegend wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
JonathanvonDoom wrote:

with only two proper albums.

I don't know if that's a typo or not, but only two proper albums?

Three proper albums, is still pretty good.

"Appetite For Destruction" on it's own sold around as much copies as the "Spice Girls" entire career.

AtariLegend wrote:

Three proper albums, is still pretty good.

That's what I meant.

Appetite For Destruction, Use Your Illusion I & Use Your Illusion II.

I'd still throw in GN'R Lies - even though it might be considered more as an EP rather than a complete album.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I have a theory about Universal, being GnR related it likley won't come to fruition. Anyway, isn't NBC under to Universal/Vivendi umbrella?? If so, the Olympics, being in China, are on NBC this summer. Couldn't that be incorporated into some grand marketing/promotional campaign worth holding out 1 more year for. Songs like "Better" used for nightly highlights of those who were successful, The Blues for those who struggled. Just imagine slow motion gymastics highlights, or lowlights. Anyway, remember when Seinfeld used GD's "Time of your Life" in it's finale. Not exactly the same, as the song was already a hit, but I think it reached a new, wider audience at that moment.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

You're right, I was typing that really fast. I usually tend to think of the Illusions as one big double album, but sales wise it is two. So three proper albums and a couple EPs for measure.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

As a sidenote, while people tend to blast Merck, he was at one point managing both Elton John and GNR. While remembering he had Morrissey in his roster from the Sanctuary label, it's a rather impressive set of clients.

Board footer