You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: "Better" Video Discussion

RussTCB wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

This UziSuicidal LLC who keeps getting videos taken down is not actually connected with the band in any way, right? I really wish someone would lawyer up and take the fucker down.

As far as I've always heard, that's the case. There are some users on mygnr always claiming to "turn people in" for listening to leaks so I'm guessing it's one of those asses.

Hate those guys! sad Some guys on Youtube were leaking some stuff I haven't heard before; but it was probably fake.

Me_Wise_Magic

misterID wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

The video is a rough cut. That's not the final version.

But what is this animated video people keep talking about?

from msl documents...a few versions...can't remember where animated info came from but I think it was legit.

016. Better video treatment v1

028. Better video treatment v2

020. Chinese Democracy video treatmeant

023. Street of Dreams video treatment

Ohhhhh, okay, I know what you're talking about. The director admitted to making a treatment for it. Just looked it up:

The concept for the Better video is pretty wacky. Not sure if the video ever actually got made as I only have the video treatment and some rough sketches. Nicholas Peterson was slated as director. Set in a surreal world of desert rocks and valleys, the video is an allegory of a man who fell in love and couldn't let go.

According to the director, the video would be a mixture of traditional stop motion animation puppets and 2-D hand drawn animation.

The main character is named Stanley, a man who attempts to turn himself into a bird like creature to win the love of a wounded bird woman.

Sounds like a perfect Robin video. Too bad it wasn't made for TIL.

Sounds like a perfect vision for a video from Axl! 16 It does sound really cool!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Here's a video from the guy who wanted to do the Better video.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Hmm, step away for a week, and this surfaces. Haven't seen it yet. Can't find it. Sure would be nice to get to see it! wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Can someone condense this thread for me and let me know what the fuck happened?

Normally i'd just read the thread, but I figured someone could do me a favor on summarizing this one. Sounds VERY intriguing. Thanks in advance.

Me_Wise_Magic

Someone leaked the Better video that was supposed to come out before CDs launch or during the launch. The one that kept being delayed for almost five years. It was on Youtube and other sites for a couple hours until it got taken down. Me and several other users were trying to download it off the link that was posted earlier in the thread; but no luck.  It featured concert footage of the 06/07 tour and the Lars scenes. Some scenes featuring other acts and rock stars. It even featured footage of Buckethead edited in there from the 2002 shows too. Featured a computer animated little red demon showing up during scenes with Axl and towards the end.  Really cool video to watch; but the editing could of been improved.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Thanks man, if anyone finds it throw it back up on here or PM me.

But regardless, thanks for the info.

Me_Wise_Magic

Anytime man! No prob. All I can say is people liked it, people thought the video was lazy as hell. That's Axl for ya! 14 Hopefully someone on the internet can get the video back.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U guys are nuts, that video fucking RULES!

Had "Better" been first single and they released that video right away, things might've been a bit different.

Seriously I am gonna watch that over and over and over.

Board footer