You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 2012 NFL Season

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

To be fair, the regular refs probably blow that call too.  It's virtually impossible real-time to call it and the replay by rule can't overturn it even if it clearly shows someone possessed it first based on what they said on TV.

I'd also say GB never scores a TD without help from the refs, so while this play gets all the attention, it is not why GB lost the game.

Why can't that play be overturned?  If that's the case, why even review it?  All questionable scoring plays are reviewed, and it was quite clear that it wasn't a TD.  Therefore I don't see how it couldn't have been overturned.

That missed call clearly determined the outcome of the game.  I know you love it, being a Bear fan.  But that's truly embarassing.

Oh, and not to mention, the offensive PI that was missed on the play as well.  Bottom line, the refs wanted to walk out of the stadium alive, so they called it a TD and stuck with it.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

It's goIng to bring the regular refs back soon for sure. Apparently u can't challenge or review who got the ball, that is a decision based on the refs on the field

faldor

faldor wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

It's goIng to bring the regular refs back soon for sure. Apparently u can't challenge or review who got the ball, that is a decision based on the refs on the field

But you review scoring plays, and that WASN'T a TD.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Very good point, I'm just going off of what Mike Tirico said

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

As a Seahawks fan, It will be interesting to see what Duff has to say Bout the game. Does anyone know what happened with Duff and writing for ESPN.com, last I checked he hasn't written for them since June

faldor

faldor wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Very good point, I'm just going off of what Mike Tirico said

I hear you, and they're going to try and explain it any which way they can.  But I'm not buying it.  If you review all scoring plays and call that a TD, something is wrong.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

Yeah, I agree

faldor

faldor wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

As a Seahawks fan, It will be interesting to see what Duff has to say Bout the game. Does anyone know what happened with Duff and writing for ESPN.com, last I checked he hasn't written for them since June

I don't think he has that gig anymore.  Tough game to celebrate as a Seahawk fan.  I mean, a win is a win, but, MAN!

And again, the missed offensive PI on that play.  AWFUL!

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

I don't think he has that gig anymore.  Tough game to celebrate as a Seahawk fan.  I mean, a win is a win, but, MAN!

And again, the missed offensive PI on that play.  AWFUL!

Things like that don't get called in those situations, you can get away with a lot of crap in those plays. How bout getting Packers to come back for the extra point, crazy

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

To be fair, the regular refs probably blow that call too.  It's virtually impossible real-time to call it and the replay by rule can't overturn it even if it clearly shows someone possessed it first based on what they said on TV.

I'd also say GB never scores a TD without help from the refs, so while this play gets all the attention, it is not why GB lost the game.

Why can't that play be overturned?  If that's the case, why even review it?  All questionable scoring plays are reviewed, and it was quite clear that it wasn't a TD.  Therefore I don't see how it couldn't have been overturned.

That missed call clearly determined the outcome of the game.  I know you love it, being a Bear fan.  But that's truly embarassing.

Oh, and not to mention, the offensive PI that was missed on the play as well.  Bottom line, the refs wanted to walk out of the stadium alive, so they called it a TD and stuck with it.

Yeah, what was the damn point of reviewing it if they couldn't reverse it.  FWIW, I found the PI penalty on Shields when it was 1st and 35 far more horrible as Rice pushed off and Shields did nothing.

Board footer