You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 2012 NFL Season

buzzsaw wrote:
Rex wrote:

Although the Packers didn't play their best last night, I'm not going to say that bad call didn't cost them the game. The packers got into position in the 2nd half and made adjustments. Adjustments that got them into position to win. They succeeded in running the ball when they needed to. Seattle, if I'm not mistaken, has one of the league's top running defenses. That drive by Aaron Rodgers that SHOULD'VE won them the game was masterful. That's the kind of thing that separates the boys from the men in the NFL. I'm a Packers fan, but I'm not gonna be bitter about this all season. It's just one game with an EXTREMELY shitty call, but we'll overcome, or we won't. Simple as that. I do hope this is a kind of wake up call for the NFL. We need our officials back. These replacements just ain't cuttin it, and it has been made apparent game after game.

So, congrats to Seattle. I'm ready for some more football!

GB should have been kicking a FG on that "masterful" drive, but those same refs made bad calls that allowed them to score the TD.  Had they kicked the FG and Seattle kicked a FG at the end, GB loses 10-9.  Same result, just a different way to get there.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Rex wrote:

Although the Packers didn't play their best last night, I'm not going to say that bad call didn't cost them the game. The packers got into position in the 2nd half and made adjustments. Adjustments that got them into position to win. They succeeded in running the ball when they needed to. Seattle, if I'm not mistaken, has one of the league's top running defenses. That drive by Aaron Rodgers that SHOULD'VE won them the game was masterful. That's the kind of thing that separates the boys from the men in the NFL. I'm a Packers fan, but I'm not gonna be bitter about this all season. It's just one game with an EXTREMELY shitty call, but we'll overcome, or we won't. Simple as that. I do hope this is a kind of wake up call for the NFL. We need our officials back. These replacements just ain't cuttin it, and it has been made apparent game after game.

I was really impressed with Seattle last night. I can't believe how well Wilson is playing.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
misterID wrote:
Rex wrote:

I was really impressed with Seattle last night. I can't believe how well Wilson is playing.

Oh yeah! I thought for sure Flynn would be starting after that game he had last season. I'm also surprised at how good GB's defense has been playing with all the rookies they've got on the field. It's not the best, but I would say it's improved.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I don't know if you guys are social media people, but it was COOL being on the internet at the end of the game last night. Twitter really blew up, as did everything else, and I thought it was worthy of the controversy. To me, that's easily an interception, and the play moved me from the "yeah they're worse but not THAT much worse" camp in regards to the replacement refs, to the "this year's Super Bowl winner might need an asterisk" camp. That's a big swing. I don't think it influences the owners, most of whom simply don't care about the fans, but I do think the perceived legitimacy of the season is on shakier and shakier ground each week.

Reports that the refs won't look people in the eye or give explanations show that they've been fully stigmatized - even they have no confidence that they should be there. It sucks to see. It was a good defensive battle, too, with big implications for playoff caliber teams.

And Rex, any back-up QB can have one excellent game. Ask Rob Johnson.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It only clearly wasn't a simultaneous catch because we could see 3000 replays of it.  They had to make a call in real-time.  Anyone that says watching it live that it was clearly an interception either has the greatest eyes in the history of the world or is not telling the truth.  When I saw it live, I thought the defender had it high in the air, but when they came down, clearly both players had 2 hands on the ball

I watched it live and KNEW immediately it was an interception. With all due respect, anyone who watched it and didnt think it was an INT has the shittiest eye sight ever or isn't telling the truth . And I'm a  Cowboys fan so why would I want Green Bay to win? I'm glad Seattle won but that call was completely fucked , not to mention the blantant missed offensive pass interference on Seattle's Golden Tate on the same play. TWO brutally wrong calls by the refs on one play to determine the outcome of the game.

buzzsaw wrote:

As for the notion that they lost because of the call, that's flat out wrong.  They lost because they scored less points than Seattle.

10 Seattle scored more points because the refs made  two horffric calls(1 a non call) on the final play of the game that allowed Seattle to score more points. 

Russel Wilson is the first QB in football history to throw a game winning interception  16

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

gb/seattle

i still haven't seen a replay with the angle that the ref had that ruled it a catch and he was right on top of it. there is nothing to indicate blatancy. by rule it comes down to the ref's opinion whether or not the catch was simultaneous and I see nothing other than people's opinions stating that it wasn't. From what I see it was an INT but I wasn't 2 feet from the play when it happened.

This happens all the time but it becomes a big deal because it was at the end of the game. calls affect the game whether they are on the first play of the game or the last.

the last year the packers won the superbowl the nfl admitted to 2 blown calls that resulted in a 14 point swing in favor of the packers vs the vikings in a close game that they certainly would have lost otherwise. they don't make the playoffs that year if they lose that game and don't win the sb so I don't want to hear any more complaining from green bay fans or saints fans for a while.

There was a more blatant mistake in the vikings/49ers game this weekend that got very little attention.

3 mistakes in one play/call by the ref

1-
Jim harbaugh called his final timeout
then later challenged the last call/play
and was wrongly awarded the challenge

2-
shown clearly by the replay audio the play was blown dead before the fumble and the players not even fighting for the loose ball confirmed that. call on field should have stood.

3-
because the play was blown dead before the fumble, the recovery of the fumble can't be determined and the rule on the field should have stood.

because the vikings dominated all 4 quarters it didn't matter.

war

war wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Now we get to your problem

I'm not the guy who says his team is more talented than the Packers.

Obviously the Packers are better than the Vikings, this has absoluting nothing to do with my team. I never made a ridiculous statement like you did

woah slow down there.

nothing is obvious at this point in the season other than the vikings and bears have a better record than the packers and lions.

the experts had the vikings winnnig 3-5 games this year

they are young and will only get better as the season progresses

if, after pummeling the 49ers, they beat detroit on the road

all bets are off in the nfc north and those bears games become more interesting as well as buzzzsaw's offer.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Bono wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It only clearly wasn't a simultaneous catch because we could see 3000 replays of it.  They had to make a call in real-time.  Anyone that says watching it live that it was clearly an interception either has the greatest eyes in the history of the world or is not telling the truth.  When I saw it live, I thought the defender had it high in the air, but when they came down, clearly both players had 2 hands on the ball

I watched it live and KNEW immediately it was an interception. With all due respect, anyone who watched it and didnt think it was an INT has the shittiest eye sight ever or isn't telling the truth . And I'm a  Cowboys fan so why would I want Green Bay to win? I'm glad Seattle won but that call was completely fucked , not to mention the blantant missed offensive pass interference on Seattle's Golden Tate on the same play. TWO brutally wrong calls by the refs on one play to determine the outcome of the game.

buzzsaw wrote:

As for the notion that they lost because of the call, that's flat out wrong.  They lost because they scored less points than Seattle.

10 Seattle scored more points because the refs made  two horffric calls(1 a non call) on the final play of the game that allowed Seattle to score more points. 

Russel Wilson is the first QB in football history to throw a game winning interception  16

GB got their TD as a result of bad calls as well.  Had they settled for a FG as they should have on the TD drive, Seattle kicks a game winning FG.  But let's not let that get in the way of ripping the refs.

I'm glad to see we found the one person with perfect vision.  You start work for the NFL next week.  The TV guys didn't call it an interception either, then backtracked as though they knew it from the beginning on the replays.  All the radio calls too.  Glad they all missed it but you saw it crystal clear.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
war wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Now we get to your problem

I'm not the guy who says his team is more talented than the Packers.

Obviously the Packers are better than the Vikings, this has absoluting nothing to do with my team. I never made a ridiculous statement like you did

woah slow down there.

nothing is obvious at this point in the season other than the vikings and bears have a better record than the packers and lions.

the experts had the vikings winnnig 3-5 games this year

they are young and will only get better as the season progresses

if, after pummeling the 49ers, they beat detroit on the road

all bets are off in the nfc north and those bears games become more interesting as well as buzzzsaw's offer.

Thanks for backing me up on this one 4 haha jk 19. I don't see Vikings losing to Lions if Stafford plays hurt and we continue to improve

war

war wrote:

same as last game, i think if they play confident and clean they will win.

Board footer