You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: METALLICA Discussion

metallex78 wrote:
Furbush wrote:

They did Ride The Lightning the first night... And played Escape for the first time. big_smile

Sounded good, although you could tell James ain't a fan of that song though...:haha:

Here's the full show from Saturday night!:mosh:

EDIT: Just saw that jorge76 already posted the link to this above!

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

It's a shame they don't play it live more often because it really sounds great here, but given the circumstances of the song I can see why they they wouldn't.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

[youtube]APIY8x5gy7w&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Tasty...

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

I dig that, but James sings way too high, almost like it was auto-tuned...

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Metallica are releasing another live DVD from their Death Magnetic World Tour, in December.:mosh:

Go here and vote for Setlist 2 to be the main set on the DVD, as it definitely has the better pick of lesser played songs like Four Horsemen, My Apocalypse, Shortest Straw, Judas Kiss, Whiplash & Killing Time!

http://www.metallica.com/news/20120917- … on-dvd.asp

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/metallica-r … dium=email

Metallica Release Free Concert Download In Honour Of Cliff Burton
by ANDREW TIJS on OCTOBER 1, 2012

In tribute to their late bassist Cliff Burton, Metallica offer a free download of him playing with them live in 1984.

Blabbermouth noted that Metallica had posted a photo of Burton on their site, captioned ‘We miss you’, on the 26th anniversary of his death in a tour bus crash in Sweden.

In addition to this, the metal icons posted up a free mp3 download of a live performance from France in 1984, featuring Burton with the band (and including the second track ‘Cliff solo’).

They wrote: “While you’re remembering Cliff on the 26th anniversary of his passing, give a listen to this free download from the ‘Ride The Lightning’ tour.”

Download it here.  http://www.livemetallica.com/live-music … e-FRA.html
R.I.P. Cliff.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I heard about this a few days ago. Really cool of Metallica to do that! RIP Cliff. Bass playing was highly influential in heavy metal!

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

If you look at the toolbar across the top on the site, that show is actually one of multiple shows that are there for free.  I grabbed the 82 San Fran show too just to give it a listen.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I had no clue they had all that cool shit at their website! Thanks Faldor!

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I had no clue they had all that cool shit at their website! Thanks Faldor!

It's great. More bands should do this. Live album official releases are obsolete in this day and age. I pray for a day when the surviving members of Pantera do sumpin' like that.

Board footer