You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live in London (Airing on Vh1 Classic)

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think he means the show is taped and isn't being broadcast live... Which, I don't know what that means or matters.

btw, self promotion and making money is exactly what all concerts and interviews are about.

If you're a solo artist...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If you're anyone.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yea the show is pretaped...but arent they all?

gnr is a huge brand...of course they are trying to make $$$

i doubt it will be a ground breaking interview but it will still be cool to see him on national tv none the less

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

All these small steps they are taking at the moment are better than no action at all IMO.  Are these steps going to take us anywhere significant with this lineup, history tells us probably not.

Oh well, at least it gives us something to talk about and dissect along the way.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

this is getting blown out of proportion.

i don't know who or what buzz is ranting & raving @.
firstly he says it's wonderful he's doing the interview then it's a sham...
all i'm saying is, that on here, i haven't seen anyone "celebrating" or losing the run of themselves w/excitement. most people are approaching it quite rationally imo..

Exactly, I'm not sitting here claiming victory for Axl and GNR.  I'm simply saying they're FINALLY doing things we've beat them down for, for not doing for YEARS.

How is that not progress?  Sounds a lot like the definition of progress I learned over the years.

And I explained this before, but as to why Kimmel?  Check out the demographics.  You know who watches Leno?  60 year old women.  And he's a giant douche!  He and Letterman have an older audience.  Fallon and Kimmel have much younger audiences, which is probably more the target audience for a band like GNR.  Letterman and Fallon are on the East Coast, so those shows were pretty much eliminated from contention.  That left Leno and Kimmel.  Yes, The Tonight Show, is a bigger deal in the scheme of things and gets better ratings.  But Kimmel is a million times better than Leno, so in my eyes the choice couldn't be more obvious.

And really, we're going to bring the $$$$ factor into this.  Who said Axl was doing this for his health?  I don't remember reading that anywhere.  Obviously it's driven by the almighty dollar.  What entertainer isn't? 

There have been a LOT of things to be negative about over the years.  But I just don't get it for this.  I'm not saying we should all get our GNR face paint out and wave the flag high and proud because they're about to take over the world again.  I'm just happy they're doing something promotion wise.  It's good to see after all these years.  Simple as that.

Some people want to scratch and claw to point out the negatives.  Great!  Not sure what you're looking for, but obviously your expectations will never be met.  And for that, I'm sorry.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I see no progress, except that Guns N' Roses are finally becoming a functional tribute band. It's been a disfunctional tribute band in the past years, so you can see it as an achievement, if you wanna be positive.

I'll even take that.  At the VERY least, you can't deny that's what's going on here.

Now it could all blow up in a month or so.  That's always a possibility.  So let's try and enjoy the good times while we can.  Is that so hard?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Apparently it is.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

In reference to this London show trailer:

Kinda lame that Axl, Izzy & Dizzy blew off the Hall, yet GN'R (aka Beta) are turning around and using the Rock Hall Induction reference to promote, which is REALLY lame.

Either way, just drop the show. Oh yeah, Axl's voice has been OBVIOUSLY touched up.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Question:

Is anyone considering that Axl may be actually planning to go away for a long time even retire after this run?

I say this because:

Axl seems relaxed and happy to be “the guy who sings Sweet Child O’ Mine”.
All of the old stated ambitions about taking fans to new places with GNR seem to have petered out.

Axl never mentions new music anymore. The furthest he has moved is to be looking at re-releasing CD, a four year old album.

The management team have been drawing from old band achievements more and more as the years have gone by so that now the band are following the nostalgia business model more closely than ever before.

The band are selling equipment on line while management is dumping tons of old merchandise onto the web.

The fact that Axl seems so content that it indicates to me that he has let some major things go in his life. The one main thing was his massive ambition for himself, his new band and their music. That cross he carried that seemed to torture him appears to be gone.

This is a guy who said to Bach that he’d pay VH1 two million dollars to leave him alone, yet he’s now happy to be a wedding singer (all be it at a stratospheric level).

His get out clause is that he can blame the collapse of the music business for the only partial interest in his work with other GNR line ups.

It may actually be cheaper and easier for Axl to manage his current msuic portfolio rather than pay about 13 people’s salaries and fight to get this band back onto the top of a collapsed business.

“Team Brazil” is a new idea from Beta’s crew. They are now publicising themselves as a real management unit. Maybe they know they will need to look for new clients in the near future?

Board footer