You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Re: 2012 NFL Season

Bro-mero wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

I didn't forget the shit you talked about the Vikings...it's on!

Skol Vikings!

Bet is on?

I meant more as a fan of our respective successful teams and both our teams are tied for 1st place in the division, but when the time comes, we'll see. I guess "it's on!" wasn't the correct choice of words...my bad.

P.S. ESPN has Vikings over Bears for 1st place in division 13

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

I don't really participate in football Sundays at our house, but I have this to say today: Thank God it's bye week in Detroit, because I don't think Russ and Justin can take another weekend of the yelling!! Lol.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

This is freaking hilarious. Brady and Manning tweeting each other before the big game 16
  http://imgur.com/a/9H0Hv

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

This is freaking hilarious. Brady and Manning tweeting each other before the big game 16

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing.

That was freaking hilarious!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't know who's worse, the Titans or The Bills. (watching both games)

At least The Bills are putting themselves in good position to pick up Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson. Titans defense is terrible and they have no running game.

My FSU boy Ponder is the real deal smile

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't know who's worse, the Titans or The Bills. (watching both games)

At least The Bills are putting themselves in good position to pick up Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson. Titans defense is terrible and they have no running game.

Definitely the Titans.  Fourth time this season that they've been beaten by 21 points or more

The offense isn't very good either--last in plays run and last in time of possession.  I watched most of the game and the defense didn't play that bad.  I mean they still weren't great but it was ok if the offense could put together any type of sustainable drive together.

Wanted any type of pass rusher.  Not sure about Locker, but I guess that is for the new coaching staff to decide.  They still play the Jags twice (Jags should be up there as worst team too, they got destroyed by the Bears), plus the Jets. 

In two weeks, they play the Bills.  At least Buffalo can run the damn ball and Fitzpatrick can throw a pass or two past ten yards.  Hasselbeck should just retire.  At least Kerry Collins could throw it downfield ten yards.  At times watching this game I wondered whether or not the Vikings dbs were some of the intended targets of some of those ducks Hasselbeck was throwing.

At least buzzsaw will be happy when he watches the Bears destroy the Titans in Nashville later on.

I don't think Oakland has won a game yet.  Assuming Titans and Bills fire their coaches, that will be two octogenerians (Ralph Wilson and Bud Adams) hiring coaches.  Both these guys don't have the rep for hiring high profile expensive coaches either, although I think Wilson paid Levy well and Bud obviously gave Fisher a high salary.

Will Gruden be even interested in any of these two jobs?

Edit bonus Bills question for CC:

What are their problems?  You can't blame it all on the QB/oline.  They gave up 45 points today.  I don't think Mario Williams had a sack and only had one tackle.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Gruden would be interested in the TN job. That is if the Dallas job isn't open, too.

If The Bills pick a QB in the draft (which they depserately need) they could possibly keep Gailey, but after a defeat like this, I don't know how they can keep him. They really need some wins.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:
misterID wrote:

Hop off the Bandwagon

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think a lot of it with the Bills is mental. There's no swagger on that team and hasn't been any since the days of Takeo Spikes and London Fletcher. Fitzpatrick and Fred Jackson gave the offense the leadership and confidence it was missing under Losman and Trent Edwards a couple years ago, but the defense still looks shell-shocked and buckles in big moments. They're terrible on third down and just can't ever stop the bleeding, which to me says that they lack playmakers and leaders.

The pass rush has been a huge disappointment. Buffalo had no pass rush last year, and it killed us constantly, but Kyle Williams was an all-pro who went down with injury for that year, and Dareus showed some bright spots as a rookie. With the Mario Williams and Mark Anderson signings, it looked like the Bills had gone from a league-worst front 4 to one of the best. We spent high draft picks on cornerbacks the last two years (Aaron Williams and Stephon Gilmore) and legitimately like our safeties (Jairius Byrd and George Wilson)... so the thinking was: the improved pass rush will help the secondary as Williams and Gilmore develop into NFL-caliber corners, and with Williams-Dareus-Williams it would be really tough to run inside against us. Why hasn't it happened?

The short answer is that the front 4 is still lousy. Sanchez, Brady, and now Alex Smith have had all day to find open targets. I still think it's early to give up on the Bills' D. There's lots of things the Bills would need to truly contend, particularly more talent at WR and linebacker and a better QB, but this defense has the tools to be average or even good, I think. But the pass rush has been non-existent, the corners look young, and our linebackers can't cover tight ends over the middle or half backs in the flats. So we get burned a lot. And without any leaders or confidence on defense, it snowballs on us as soon as the other team finds a weakness. Mario Williams was supposed to inject some swagger into us or at least an impactful 3rd down pressure every now and then, but he hasn't delivered at all.

Board footer