You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Axl On Kimmel Oct 24th, Live Interview!

Bono wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's certainly not positive to me...not overall.  The fact that he's doing it in the first place is positive, but the probability that the interview is going to be extremely bland cancels out the positive to me.  I'm pretty meh on the subject, but I reserve the right to be pleasently surprised.

So yes, there's really nothing to be negative about, but short of the fact that he's doing something that he hasn't done in years (and should have been doing on and off the whole time), there isn't much to be positive about either.  I mean are we really cheering the guy on for doing something that he should have been doing to promote his own album a few years ago (at the very least)?

This is so true. It's like I said. It's cool he's gonan do it but whatever. I'll watch it if I remember or I'll be sure to pvr it and check it out but to say it's positive.... meh I don't know. It's not negative. It just is. It's like the guy is shwoing up tot he party 6 years late, most have gone home but hey at least he showed up.  Had this happend 4-6 years ago it wold've been cool, now to me it's like whatever. 

Some people mistake that attitude for negativity. Oh well.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

We've all bitched for years that he should be doing something like this and now he is. Dude's never done anything on anyone's time scale but his own, so it doesn't matter to me that it's some 6 years (at least) after I thought it was a good idea. 16

You know, I'm with Buzz on this one.

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm pretty meh on the subject, but I reserve the right to be pleasently surprised.

At this point, it's all well and good Ax's doing these things. Aside the gigs, there's currently little to get excited about with him doing them.

He's promoting? Good.
Live shows? Meh...

That's the crux of the matter. I like the fact that they're doing charity shows with Neil Young and then heading to a residency in Vegas. Those are good things for the band, certainly. But this band is still a half-way cover band of the lineup that recorded CD.

Like in '02 and '06, the lineup needs an album of their own in order to have an identity and to line themselves up alongside the legacy of GNR. Then again, Axl's never let any post-Slash lineup a chance to shine in due time.

He only takes them out just for show(s). Now he's doing interviews to boot. 9

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yawn. Unless he announces CD II, complete disinterest.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm with Bri.

This means literally fucking NOTHING if he's not there to talk about the next step and when new music is coming. Nothing.

"Axl's gonna promote the Vegas shows"

If you're not in Vegas, no one gives a fuck. Why wasn't Axl doing this fucking shit when they were touring North America?

Axl should do Kimmel to talk about GN'R about to kick into overdrive. Instead I get the feeling it'll be the same old tired, scared, pussy bullshit it's been for years about why he can't do this and he's not ready to do that, like the world works on his timetable. People moved on years ago.

"You see, this is proof that Axl can't do anything right. The fans will never be pleased"

You're right. I'm sorry, but I don't see Axl Rose talking as some sort of big deal. I've heard him do it. Ding ding for him. I can talk to.

It's not THAT he can talk (despite what the Lebeis clan thinks, jesus H), it's WHAT he is talking about.

The guy is old hat at this point, boring... Axl Rose is a fucking mid-card man. What does he bring to the table?

THAT is what he needs to bring to this interview.

Axl... WHY should we care that you are here? Convince us why we should STILL care.

Instead, Axl will most likely be instructed to live off the "hey, remember when I used to be cool in 1991?", and that just ain't gonna float him anymore. You heard it here first.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Sure, some us may think it's waaay cool that Axl is gonna be on TV (myself included). Because it is a far and few in between event for US.

But I'm not sure anyone is really expecting some grand revelation on an epic scale or that Axl in one big scoop is gonna convince every viewer that Axl fuckin Rose is BACK BABY!!!!
All the comments are pointing on some airtime where he's gonna plug upcuming gigs in Vegas. And that is basicly what every musician/moviestar/director are doing on these kind of shows.

The only small posibility of something MAJOR being said is if Axl has a quick mention that after the Vegas-thing, GNR is gonna release a followup to CD. But that is major for us die-hards only. And that's cool. We all know that the average music fan is not sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for a new album.

Another possible cool result outta this. Axl CAN be very entertaining when being interviewed. I know I cracked up on some of the stuff said on Trunk's radio show. Maybe, just maybe, some of the average viewers will go: "Hey, Axl Rose seems actually like a real funny and cool guy. Who knew...?"

Yeah yeah, I know... A few minutes of airtime is not gonna erase 25 years of bad press bla bla bla.... But we can hope and he can try. No harm. I think some people will be left with a positive impression of him.

Axlin12 wrote:

You're right. I'm sorry, but I don't see Axl Rose talking as some sort of big deal. I've heard him do it. Ding ding for him. I can talk to.

Axlin12 wrote:

If you're not in Vegas, no one gives a fuck. Why wasn't Axl doing this fucking shit when they were touring North America?

30-60 minutes of airtime on VH1 doesen't count? smile19
Seemed to me like the rock press was all over it at the time. same as they are now with this Kimmel apperance. It is news!

Seems that the GNR-camp are trying to do a better job on promoting. Kimmel, Vegas, a gig in the fuckin cinemas! C'mon! It's like night and day compared to what we're used to.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not that this matters at all, or means anything but I just noticed a celebrity gossip site that I frequent (mostly for the hot chick updates/pics) mentioned the Axl/Kimmel news.  The guy writes his own commentary to each story, and he's usually pretty harsh.  Surprisingly though, he took it easy on Axl.  The people in the comments section?  Predictably, they weren't as kind.

http://www.wwtdd.com/2012/10/axl-rose-w … mmel-show/

Axl Rose will be on the Jimmy Kimmel show

In what is being called his first televised interview in over 20 years (unless you count talking to Fred Roggin after a Lakers game in 2001), it was announced today that Axl Rose will be a guest on the Jimmy Kimmel show on October 24th.

It’s not clear if he’ll perform on the show with the current version of Guns N’ Roses, but he might to promote their 12 shows at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas starting October 31st. Tickets for that start at $45, but increase to $100 if he actually shows up.

pi2loc
 Rep: 2 

pi2loc wrote:

Being totally honest I think is great to see Axl out there, no matter what kind of interview is. At least the man is doing *something* rather than going MIA until the Vegas shows.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Feels more like a treadmill.  Something's moving but I'm not sure it's going anywhere.

Board footer