You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: CD Riff Sounds Like "Louie Louie"

apex-twin wrote:

Freese's intention always was to write a big, generic riff.

In fact, for all the reports of Rose's endless tweaking, Freese says the song is very close to the original. "I think they made the intro longer," he says. "I'd have 'em cut right into the thing. It's a simple bonehead rock song with a big riff that I'm assuming will be perfect for 'Guitar Hero' one day."

http://www.spinner.com/2009/03/27/guns- … -axl-rose/

Between the CD writing credit and A Perfect Circle, Josh Freese remains one of the big winners in the saga.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

CD sounds a bit like The Scorpions Rock You Like A Hurricane too...

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Sounds a lot like it but whatever. It's almost impossibel these days to make something that sounds 100% completely original. People said U2 ripped off The Vines' Get Free. I always thought yeah right, the day U2 need to rip off the Vines is the day I stop listening to music. There endless numbers of songs throughout time that have parts that resemble parts from other artist's songs.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Unless your led Zeppelin and just steal old american blues songs 16

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

CD sounds a bit like The Scorpions Rock You Like A Hurricane too...

I fell victim to this once.  There was a commercial a few years back (for K-Swiss I think) that used the "Rock You Like A Hurricane" riff and I thought it was "Chinese Democracy".  I should've known better. hmm

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

It's brief, but the opening riff from "Pussy Planet" sounds a bit like "Smells Like Teen Spirit".  Any chance I get to work Gwar into the conversation, it's a must.

Board footer