You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: GN'R To Play Jakarta In December

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I **GUESS** he/she was trying to post something like this:

* Shut up, it's my time to see the band now, you all had yours, now let me enjoy it
* I will try to update as the concert goes on, with setlist and pictures, but I don't know how to do so, so if somebody can help me, please send an email to terray.alexander@gmail.com
* Cheers from Jakarta, Indonesia

BUT I may be completely off here haha

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto

otto wrote:

On a positive note, the concert posters, as in Vegas promo, are now showing all the band:

A5X_AugCcAI63MI.jpg:large

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
terrayrose wrote:

sorry guys, its back to Asia time, its my time now to c my fucking herp hehehehe, i will update anything and pls someone help me to sent email terray.alexander@gmail.com , how to upload the picture, forgive me till now i dunno hoe to upload picture, set list in this fucking forum hehehehe, hail from Indonesia, Jakarta hahahaha

Do what now? 10

I'm glad to see that when people set about to learn the English language the word "fuck" and its various forms are near the top of the list. 9

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
misterID wrote:

In all seriousness, is this not the longest tour in the history of tours?

Then a band like Metallica is also making a run for the longest tour in the history of tours. (No, Lulu doesn't count!)  smile

In all seriousness, it's time to start viewing a "tour" a bit different than shows played by a band between the release of two album. It's a very 90's-ish way of looking at it....

Every band nowadays sure have moved on from that formula.

otto

otto wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
terrayrose wrote:

sorry guys, its back to Asia time, its my time now to c my fucking herp hehehehe, i will update anything and pls someone help me to sent email terray.alexander@gmail.com , how to upload the picture, forgive me till now i dunno hoe to upload picture, set list in this fucking forum hehehehe, hail from Indonesia, Jakarta hahahaha

Do what now? 10

I'm glad to see that when people set about to learn the English language the word "fuck" and its various forms are near the top of the list. 9

The first sentence I learnt was "Kiss My Ass".

I had a KISS t-shirt with that on the back, went to school with that one day, pretty damn happy. I was 8 years old at the time. My family always allowed me to wear whatever I wanted and they didn't know its meaning either.

There I was, walking through the yard of a strict catholic school when one of then nuns blows a whistle (no sex joke intended) and calls my name. She took me to the director's board and I was taught what it meant. smile

johndivney wrote:
Naltav wrote:

that's completely untrue.

for the vast majority of bands there is still the cycle of album-tour-album-tour.

i genuinely do not no of any band or artist who tours as much as GnR withOUT fresh material.

bob dylan's tour is actually called 'the never-ending tour' & he's been on it since the early 90s (if not the late 80's) but even he has managed to release, what, 4/5 albums of original material since GnR dropped the UYI sets.

i'm genuinely past caring about the tour/recording situation. i'm tired of this: 17 feeling.
but what i can't suffer is this apologetic nonsense that it's somehow ok or normal behaviour. hell, even in the stones thread someone made the point that the rolling stones have released more original material this century than GnR have. that is fucked up, plain & simple. & no disguising of the facts will hide the truth, that axl has fucked everything up - the legacy, the enjoyment, the fans & the passion. & his touring, tho it makes some people happy, isn't what will last. what will last is all the wasted opportunities & a handful of great songs.
in all seriousness, it's time for a reality check naltav. now if you wanna present some facts that prove your argument then maybe i'll check myself. but seriously, you're defending the indefensible with an idea - or formula - that doesn't hold water.
i do agree in a lot of ways the business model of the music industry has changed. but really, i don't know what you're seeing or what you're listening to if you think things have changed so much that it's justifiable to be touring an album that's really in effect a decade old, but being polite 5 years old. what other bands are doing that?!

johndivney wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Do what now? 10

The first sentence I learnt was "Kiss My Ass".

I had a KISS t-shirt with that on the back, went to school with that one day, pretty damn happy. I was 8 years old at the time. My family always allowed me to wear whatever I wanted and they didn't know its meaning either.

There I was, walking through the yard of a strict catholic school when one of then nuns blows a whistle (no sex joke intended) and calls my name. She took me to the director's board and I was taught what it meant. smile

i remember learning languages in school (or rather the classes, as i didn't learn jack-shit, except merde!) & you'd know someone fluent a few years above you & the first thing you'd ask them is the cuss words.
even today when i meet people from different languages inevitably i'll start asking them how to curse in their native tongue.

but i'd saying the english language is a particularly good fucking language for cursing. if only because the english are such cunts in the first place, fucking up their language is like a fuck you to them!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Naltav wrote:

that's completely untrue.

for the vast majority of bands there is still the cycle of album-tour-album-tour.

i genuinely do not no of any band or artist who tours as much as GnR withOUT fresh material.

bob dylan's tour is actually called 'the never-ending tour' & he's been on it since the early 90s (if not the late 80's) but even he has managed to release, what, 4/5 albums of original material since GnR dropped the UYI sets.

i'm genuinely past caring about the tour/recording situation. i'm tired of this: 17 feeling.
but what i can't suffer is this apologetic nonsense that it's somehow ok or normal behaviour. hell, even in the stones thread someone made the point that the rolling stones have released more original material this century than GnR have. that is fucked up, plain & simple. & no disguising of the facts will hide the truth, that axl has fucked everything up - the legacy, the enjoyment, the fans & the passion. & his touring, tho it makes some people happy, isn't what will last. what will last is all the wasted opportunities & a handful of great songs.
in all seriousness, it's time for a reality check naltav. now if you wanna present some facts that prove your argument then maybe i'll check myself. but seriously, you're defending the indefensible with an idea - or formula - that doesn't hold water.
i do agree in a lot of ways the business model of the music industry has changed. but really, i don't know what you're seeing or what you're listening to if you think things have changed so much that it's justifiable to be touring an album that's really in effect a decade old, but being polite 5 years old. what other bands are doing that?!

When I'm saying "every band have moved on from that formula", I might have jumped the gun a little. I don't follow other bands as closely as I do GNR. But there sure is a mentality out there of "we could just put on some shows for the sake of playing music (and making a living/maintaining our standard of living)" And I also see that mentality among friends and avarage concert-goers. When a cool band comes to town, the reaction is "Allright, they're a great act, let's go!" The default reaction of "They must be touring a brand new album", not so much......

But when it comes to GNR, I'm in the camp of "release some new stuff allready! Jeezzz!"
But that's the rabid hardcore fan mentality.

johndivney wrote:

i don't know what you're seeing or what you're listening to if you think things have changed so much that it's justifiable to be touring an album that's really in effect a decade old, but being polite 5 years old. what other bands are doing that?!

To be fair, it's 4 years old.
Like I mentioned. Metallica is not really out there pimping Death Magnetic, wich came out in '08. And as far as I know, they were touring this summer. They are touring to keep their brand alive and to make money.
The fact that you use the term "touring an album", shows me that you might be kinda stuck in an old mentality.

But your point on GNR releasing fewer albums than other acts. THAT I agree with!

Board footer