You are not logged in. Please register or login.

pi2loc
 Rep: 2 

Re: Axl On Kimmel Oct 24th, Live Interview!

pi2loc wrote:

Axl did what he had to. Handled the interview perfectly and promoted his Vegas residency which was the main point of this. End of the story.

Hey Axl, don't make us wait 20 years for another interview bro!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I would love for axl to go on Fallon's Late Night show since he is a GNR fan. I'm sure more stories and good times could come from that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with everyone. I watched it on the night of, thinking of all of you guys even though I wasn't online.

Ron being there added to the GN'R nature of it all. Ron came across well.

Axl really came across well. Laid back, funny, just hanging. Total babyface moment, polar opposite of his legendary rock-heel reputation. Kimmel was laid back, had instant chemistry with Axl, just like he did with the other Gunners. Obviously a fan.

I liked it. No fuss, no muss. Axl promoted properly. Came across well. My mom did call me up the next day to just rake him across the coals, because DJ wasn't there (she thinks he's cute) 16 dj

Naltav

Naltav wrote:

Kinda interesting....

Saw this post from Beta over at htgth:

"....The Kimmel staff never spoke with Axl. They were told by me that they could ask whatever they felt it was appropriated. Axl did not want to choose or avoid any issue. Kimmel asked whatever he wanted to ask. His interview was live, so, no editing or retaping. Axl did have a great time. Thank you for watching."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … =64765.240

Me_Wise_Magic

That's cool to hear. Even better! It looked like Axl was having a good time sharing a few old stories without freezing or any awkward tension showing. Especially since Kimmel was bringing up stuff from his childhood and the early years before Guns. Did you see Josh Freese's twitter post that they put in one of the forum posts? That was kind of funny! I wonder if him and Axl still chat from time to time.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Kinda interesting....

"....The Kimmel staff never spoke with Axl. They were told by me that they could ask whatever they felt it was appropriated. Axl did not want to choose or avoid any issue. Kimmel asked whatever he wanted to ask. His interview was live, so, no editing or retaping. Axl did have a great time. Thank you for watching."

She also said he had a 104 degree temperature.  You'll have to forgive me if I don't find her to be the most honest person regarding Axl.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Kinda interesting....

She also said he had a 104 degree temperature.  You'll have to forgive me if I don't find her to be the most honest person regarding Axl.

Yeah, that was in reply to my comment about how the late night talk show interviews are usually quite scripted for the most part.  I think the point she was trying to make is that Axl didn't set any ground rules as to what can and cannot be asked.  But I find it hard to believe that Kimmel's staff never talked to Axl, or at least management, beforehand.  I mean, why else would Jimmy have all the visual aids that he used during the interview?  They obviously had to be given to him by Axl/management.  So there had to be SOME contact about what to discuss during the interview.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah funny how anytime Axl doesn't come across well, whether personally or vocally -- he's ALWAYS sick. Strep throat, bronchitis, head cold, chest cold, VD... whatever. He's always running a fever. Remember Beta is Axl's agent/manager. She would be doing a HORRIBLE job if she didn't paint him in the best light, all the time.

All of these interviews usually have copies sent to the people, even if just before the interview, going over what will be discussed. Plus Axl's pictures that got brought in... it came across as partly scripted, partly live to me -- like all late night shows.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Kinda interesting....

But I find it hard to believe that Kimmel's staff never talked to Axl, or at least management, beforehand.  I mean, why else would Jimmy have all the visual aids that he used during the interview?  They obviously had to be given to him by Axl/management.  So there had to be SOME contact about what to discuss during the interview.

Well, she says in her post that SHE told them they could ask what they felt was appropriate. So I don't see them denying that there was contact between the GNR-camp and the Kimmel-staff. Only that Axl personally never spoke to them.

But then again she COULD have told them that "Axl is agreeing to do the show because he wants to promote the Vegas gigs, so you guys ask him what you feel is appropriate and we'll see if he comes back to your show (wink wink nudge nudge...)"

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

any halfway decent interviewer would  ask about RNR HOF at least.

Board footer