You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Dizzy Reed Interview for VEGAS.com

misterID wrote:

You can quote all you want, Buzz. You're still wrong. But you are entitled to your own skewed opinion.

Just like you've said in the past sales and popularity outside America don't count or matter, so you don't count that. Because it hurts your point, so you dismiss it.

You've said in the past chart success is the best barometer for good music, but turned around and railed that Lady Gaga isn't good music (despite her mega chart success).

Yes, you don't like facts. But now, numbers, like facts don't matter. Except when they back up some point you want to get across.

So, no. Your opinion doesn't matter here. I accept its your opinion.... Again, DJ said he was writing for GN'R... Tommy was relating a conversation. The argument was that no current band member of GN'R has written for the band, which is untrue. You're wrong. And so was the OP who stated it. DJ said it, you're not accepting it for your own reason. But I still accept it as your opinion.  smile

dj

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

This is all unnecessary. We know the pace Axl works at, an album ain't coming any time soon. Who wrote what does not matter until its for sale somewhere.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
misterID wrote:

The argument was that no current band member of GN'R has written for the band, which is untrue. You're wrong. And so was the OP who stated it. DJ said it, you're not accepting it for your own reason. But I still accept it as your opinion.  smile

Go back and have at look at the OP.  The OP posted an article then his second post quoted this

I think as a whole this particular lineup has never really written together. We have in smaller groups...

and wrote the words Ouch! after it.

Please show me where I stated all these other things that are apparently wrong?  Until this post those were the only 2 posts from the OP in this thread.

Sky Dog wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

This is all unnecessary. We know the pace Axl works at, an album ain't coming any time soon. Who wrote what does not matter until its for sale somewhere.

yep....

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You can quote all you want, Buzz. You're still wrong. But you are entitled to your own skewed opinion.

Just like you've said in the past sales and popularity outside America don't count or matter, so you don't count that. Because it hurts your point, so you dismiss it.

You've said in the past chart success is the best barometer for good music, but turned around and railed that Lady Gaga isn't good music (despite her mega chart success).

Yes, you don't like facts. But now, numbers, like facts don't matter. Except when they back up some point you want to get across.

So, no. Your opinion doesn't matter here. I accept its your opinion.... Again, DJ said he was writing for GN'R... Tommy was relating a conversation. The argument was that no current band member of GN'R has written for the band, which is untrue. You're wrong. And so was the OP who stated it. DJ said it, you're not accepting it for your own reason. But I still accept it as your opinion.  smile

dj

LOL - you've lost it.  You don't even know what you're saying anymore and I quoted you.  I've seen you go to great lengths to not admit you're wrong, but you've topped yourself this time.  Congrats.

I know you're wrong.  Nobody's coming to your defense.  Case closed.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

This. Guns N' Roses is W. AXL ROSE's band. Has been since about 1991. DJ, Ron, Tommy, Dizzy, whoever can write until their hearts content... doesn't mean they are writing for GN'R. Because writing for GN'R means writing FOR Axl. Has been since, yep -- '91. Even when Slash, Duff & Gilby were jamming and hammering out tunes for the band, meant jack shit because Axl wanted to do stuff with Paul Huge.

When DJ starts writing tunes, under direct order for Axl, then i'll believe Axl's kicking the tires of new material. But what DJ is doing right now -- Monkey could do. Or Neemo. Or any of the guitarists on this board.

No album is coming for the exact reasons Buzz has stated. There's no money in it, and Axl's burned hellacious bridges at Uni and throughout the business. And like Buzz stated, it's a business.

The absolute best thing in the world Axl could do right now...

Pitch a T-total fit to try to get out of his record deal. Whatever he needs to do. Maybe if he guarantees them a reunion album within the next 10 years. I dunno.

Then take his stuff, and go to a label like Frontiers. A small outfit that will roll out the red carpet for Axl, let him do his own thing, in his own time, with his own vision. In other words, like Whitesnake and Coverdale, let him be Guns N' Roses and him be THE MAN.

The problem?

Small labels, no different than Axl going independent, will not bankroll Axl like Uni will. Axl likes that checkbook these big labels provide too. And there's no money in what Axl wants to do. Not enough for them to bother with the headache that will be Axl.

I do think on some level Axl is open to recording new material, and with this band, but it's going to COST HIM. He's gonna have to pay for it out of his own pocket. And he doesn't want to do that. He doesn't feel he should have to do that. They owe him, even if just for the back catalog. Thing is, Axl has no leverage left. So Uni can just go "whatever man", and leave it at that.

Bottom line, if Axl doesn't like it -- reunite. It's as simple as that. izzy 21

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Axlin's state of the nation address above is absolutely on point.

Axl is not stupid, he knows from the live revenues that his brand of GNR is much weaker than the old. New material from this GNR, written by bandmembers whose star power is C/D list at best, is not going to propel him back to U2 country. He's too old and they are too obscure.

So for Axl, the next album probably won't pay the bills and he & Team Brazil know that.  Canter says Beta HATES Slash but even she would like Axl working with him again as she knows that she can stick an extra zero onto every PO if the old crew were back together.

I think Axl should go the way of Robert Smith from The Cure, record an album in his home studio and then sign a distribution deal with the appropriate partner. You cost yourself little and recoup much more. But Axl is addicted to the major label checkbook, he's been fantastically well looked after for twenty years and despite the whinging, he probably knows that.

I think he should go solo and recoup 100% royalties on his album or else he should sit down with Slash and work out a way to take the old beast round the world just one more time. Follow Chris Cornell's example.

Axl has taken the wind out of the sails of this current band so many times that I think privately, they have all let the experiment go and are happy to golf, drink and play a set they know only too well to a few happy tourists in Vegas and bank the generous check. Good luck to them.

Writing music for Axl is like writing to Santa as positive outcomes are just as unlikely. If Axl has been keeping his own material like 'The General' back for over a decade, why the fuck would anyone of the current members believe he won't be even more slow moving with their material?

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

This. Guns N' Roses is W. AXL ROSE's band. Has been since about 1991. DJ, Ron, Tommy, Dizzy, whoever can write until their hearts content... doesn't mean they are writing for GN'R. Because writing for GN'R means writing FOR Axl. Has been since, yep -- '91. Even when Slash, Duff & Gilby were jamming and hammering out tunes for the band, meant jack shit because Axl wanted to do stuff with Paul Huge.

When DJ starts writing tunes, under direct order for Axl, then i'll believe Axl's kicking the tires of new material. But what DJ is doing right now -- Monkey could do. Or Neemo. Or any of the guitarists on this board.

No album is coming for the exact reasons Buzz has stated. There's no money in it, and Axl's burned hellacious bridges at Uni and throughout the business. And like Buzz stated, it's a business.

The absolute best thing in the world Axl could do right now...

Pitch a T-total fit to try to get out of his record deal. Whatever he needs to do. Maybe if he guarantees them a reunion album within the next 10 years. I dunno.

Then take his stuff, and go to a label like Frontiers. A small outfit that will roll out the red carpet for Axl, let him do his own thing, in his own time, with his own vision. In other words, like Whitesnake and Coverdale, let him be Guns N' Roses and him be THE MAN.

The problem?

Small labels, no different than Axl going independent, will not bankroll Axl like Uni will. Axl likes that checkbook these big labels provide too. And there's no money in what Axl wants to do. Not enough for them to bother with the headache that will be Axl.

I do think on some level Axl is open to recording new material, and with this band, but it's going to COST HIM. He's gonna have to pay for it out of his own pocket. And he doesn't want to do that. He doesn't feel he should have to do that. They owe him, even if just for the back catalog. Thing is, Axl has no leverage left. So Uni can just go "whatever man", and leave it at that.

Bottom line, if Axl doesn't like it -- reunite. It's as simple as that. izzy 21

Axl already sort of has a label...Black Frog....he should do the whole thing himself once he gets rid of Uni or they get rid of him. Chinese was a joint release between Geffen and Black Frog.

# Label: Black Frog/Geffen

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

3 Hehe...I'd love to write some songs for Axl 3

But I'm afraid I must disagree a little.

Any of us could NOT do it...because we don't have access to Axl to share ideas with him, and it's highly doubtful he'd be interested in our works.

I took DJ saying he's writing for GNR to mean he's sending riffs and musical ideas to Axl that DJ thinks would be good for GNR.

and I infer from the fact that DJ continues to refer and talk about this process that Axl is willing to receive such ideas from him, otherwise he'd have been told to stop doing it and would shut up about it.

So therefore I think it's reasonable to call that writing for GNR, as it's obviously being done with approval of GNR's CEO...and the riffs themselves are specifically written for potential use in GNR and aren't riffs that he's using for that gore-theme park soundtrack or for Sixx:Am or one of his other projects. Or at least that's the impression I got from interviews.

Granted, if they see the light of day depends on Axl liking them, the record deals and whatever other business things plague the band...but it's not unreasonable to say he's writing stuff for GNR from what we know.

Then again...writing stuff is not the same as us ever hearing stuff, we could all list 4-5 songs we know are written and have never heard....

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

So therefore I think it's reasonable to call that writing for GNR, as it's obviously being done with approval of GNR's CEO...and the riffs themselves are specifically written for potential use in GNR and aren't riffs that he's using for that gore-theme park soundtrack or for Sixx:Am or one of his other projects. Or at least that's the impression I got from interviews.

Granted, if they see the light of day depends on Axl liking them, the record deals and whatever other business things plague the band...but it's not unreasonable to say he's writing stuff for GNR from what we know.

No issues with it being reasonable to say.  ID is stating it as though it is an undeniable fact, which it clearly isn't no matter how you stretch the truth.  That's all.  Totally fine with anybody believing that is what's happening if that's what they want to believe.

Board footer