You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 10/31/2012 - The Joint - Las Vegas, NV

Axlin16 wrote:

sfgln4.png

Pretty bad ass, iconic rock star shot of Axl above. 9 axl

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

A professional artist can't afford such a shitty night he did at the Bridge School Benefit. C-A-N-T. It wasn't a bad night. It was awfully disastrous and an assault against Guns N' Roses nad his own legacy. Even my dogs sing better than he did. He would have been beaten to death at a karaoke night for sure.

Professionals have shitty nights.  It happens to them all.  Some more than others, yes.  But if you want to pretend that it's only Axl, be my guest.  We've beaten the Bridge School performance to death.  We all agree it wasn't good.  Let's move on.  The other night was great.  You don't want to listen to it, fine.  You'll just have to take my word for it and you can go on thinking the man can't sing anymore because that's the last thing you've heard.

Don't put words into my mouth, please. I've never said that he can't sing anymore. I don't take your or anyone's word on an uprofessionally record show as a fact, or even as an opinion worth discussing. Sorry. I'm open to listen any soundboard recording, but nothing else, cause that's not enough to build your argument on. I also don't give a flying F about personal experiences. Live show miracle and the loudness can hide a lot. I'm not saying he wasn't better or he wasn't good/magnificent/etc in Vegas or the second Bridge night. Just an amateur shit will not prove it or the opposite.

My point still remains: such a shitty night like in the Bridge School CAN NEVER HAPPEN in a professional singer's career. Never. There is a difference between bad, very bad and Bridge School.

Anyway, still here hoping for him to deliver. I wish I would hear a professionally recorded great performance.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

A professional artist can't afford such a shitty night he did at the Bridge School Benefit. C-A-N-T. It wasn't a bad night. It was awfully disastrous and an assault against Guns N' Roses nad his own legacy. Even my dogs sing better than he did. He would have been beaten to death at a karaoke night for sure.

Professionals have shitty nights.  It happens to them all.  Some more than others, yes.  But if you want to pretend that it's only Axl, be my guest.  We've beaten the Bridge School performance to death.  We all agree it wasn't good.  Let's move on.  The other night was great.  You don't want to listen to it, fine.  You'll just have to take my word for it and you can go on thinking the man can't sing anymore because that's the last thing you've heard.

Don't put words into my mouth, please. I've never said that he can't sing anymore. I don't take your or anyone's word on an uprofessionally record show as a fact, or even as an opinion worth discussing. Sorry. I'm open to listen any soundboard recording, but nothing else, cause that's not enough to build your argument on. I also don't give a flying F about personal experiences. Live show miracle and the loudness can hide a lot. I'm not saying he wasn't better or he wasn't good/magnificent/etc in Vegas or the second Bridge night. Just an amateur shit will not prove it or the opposite.

My point still remains: such a shitty night like in the Bridge School CAN NEVER HAPPEN in a professional singer's career. Never. There is a difference between bad, very bad and Bridge School.

Anyway, still here hoping for him to deliver. I wish I would hear a professionally recorded great performance.

He had a strep throat. Was sick. If you want to complain, at least change your angle towards him actually being silly enough to attend while not being in shape to sing at all, which he clearly was not.

He chose to attend anyway, and had a bad performance. That's the core of it. Put that first, then your complaints and you might have a few people agree with you, perhaps even me.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Sickness is one of Axl's favourite excuses. Only evil and incompetent sound engineers and cancer people can rival that.

My criticism is not against him, it's for him. Every artist should be careful how to perform. If you're ill, but wanna show up, then choose songs you can actually sing only half bad. Patience was tolerable, since he was speaking and not singing. SCOM wasn't a disaster, just bad. So if you're such a "perfectionist" than you'd better have a minimum standard for your own performances.

Anyway, we've really beaten this to death. I will only continue if someone suggests that Axl sacrificed himself for the good and mankind with that show. I hope this will not happen though.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Couldn't see this one posted here.

"Don't Let It Bring You Down" from the first night.

Great audio quality!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nByD2aJU40

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

This is a petty and stupid subject to argue over, yes. Thats not the point. It was a disrespectful approach to come at me like that, especially you, who've I always treated with respect and on top of it you posted something that wasn't true.

Really, his look seems better to me. That's my opinion and anyone can say they don't see the difference I do (and I'm not saying anything ridiculous about how he looks, just that he looks better, imo) that's not what this is about.

There was no disrespect intended, btw. It was meant to challenge you. I felt strongly on the subject. That's really all it came down to. Much love on my end towards you....

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

http://i48.tinypic.com/sfgln4.png

I don't know he kinda looks fat here. Looks like he's got a slight double chin and I mean look how wide he is in the mid section.

tongue19

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Didn't mean to put words in your mouth.  That's just the way I thought you felt.  At least that's the way it comes across to me.  I apologize if that's not the case.  I agree that you can't base a lot off of audience recordings.  Lord knows I've used that excuse when Axl sounds bad on one.  But they can give you a sense of how good or bad the performance was.  So while the footage may not have been soundboard quality, it was quite clear that he was in much better form than at the benefit.  So I don't see the harm in taking that into consideration. 

And even though they got some bad reviews for Bridge School.  Even though Rio was streamed to the world and it wasn't good.  It hasn't exactly prevented the band from doing business (touring wise).  So I'm not sure why a less than stellar televised performance CAN NEVER HAPPEN.  It did, and all parties survived.  If they had an epic performance that night, how would things be different right now?  Aside from your own personal feelings about Axl's ability to perform.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

http://i48.tinypic.com/sfgln4.png

I don't know he kinda looks fat here. Looks like he's got a slight double chin and I mean look how wide he is in the mid section.

tongue19

For 2012 Axl... that's a pretty rockin' shot. I don't expect him to look like 1991 anymore.

But I agree, and have said since 2009, that short biker jacket zipped up just makes him look  bigger. Regardless, it's a pretty iconic shot of him for present day Axl.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Just saw this video of Civil War posted over at HTGTH.  Pretty good quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyxLKoJB … ure=relmfu

Board footer