You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Can someone ID what show this Axl scream footage is from?

monkeychow wrote:

Next Question: Was there a soundboard of this show? I want that scream wink

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I used to have this show. Boston, Cleveland, Idaho and Pitts were good shows.

It's funny, he could really turn it on when he wanted to on that tour. He would also coast a lot, too.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Did you have it as a soundboard? I could rip the video's audio but I'm curious to know if there's a better source around to search for.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

misterID wrote:

It's funny, he could really turn it on when he wanted to on that tour. He would also coast a lot, too.

I don't think mentally he was ever really prepared for that tour. Seemed to be really low on confidence for the most part and still far too hung up on the old breakup to properly push the new forward (I know there's a strong argument for that still being the case, but I think he's far better now than he was then).

Makes you think had 06 GNR been what Axl presented to the world in 02 how different things might have been.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah Axl was on fire in 2006 - he looked and sounded like a kickass rock frontman. Only thing is I think Robin was still a polarising factor...if they'd had DJ in 06....then you'd have some shows that would really ignite old fans I think.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I doubt he can pull off that scream today, but my God he could sing in 2002 as well. Fine, no rasp, but the power he had was awesome.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I honestly and truly believe he could condition himself back to at least 2002, if not 2006, style and power wise. I know you can't stay on the ride forever, but 50 ain't that old. If he weren't a singer, and wasn't Axl Rose specifically, no one would even bat an eye at his age. Let's face it, the dude wrote himself songs that almost no one (including himself at times) could pull off in their 20's. So he's got a hard row to hoe, but I really think he's stopped conditioning to some extent.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I always liked this one too, around the 7:40 mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLFlbCFzyEU

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
smoke wrote:

Let's face it, the dude wrote himself songs that almost no one (including himself at times) could pull off in their 20's.

That's a good point, I think we should remember that, that some of these songs he does are pretty much as hard as they possibly could be to sing - breath control, rasp, very high parts, lots of power needed to achieve the sound. He's certainly made a rod for his own back.

I think Axl's an amazing songwriter and lyricist, so if he does move away from screams now long term I guess I can adjust to that, just I must say I always loved how badass these scream moments are.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Did you have it as a soundboard? I could rip the video's audio but I'm curious to know if there's a better source around to search for.

Oh yeah, there were a bunch of them after the Philly riot. Most of the Live vids from '02 are used with the soundboard audio.  I left them on an old computer. I'd be shocked if no one around here has them.

A Private Eye wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't think mentally he was ever really prepared for that tour. Seemed to be really low on confidence for the most part and still far too hung up on the old breakup to properly push the new forward (I know there's a strong argument for that still being the case, but I think he's far better now than he was then).

Makes you think had 06 GNR been what Axl presented to the world in 02 how different things might have been.

Totally agree. It was the perfect moment. If 06 Axl would have shown up in 02 with a record in hand, no telling where he could have gone. sad

Board footer