You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: 11-07-2012 - The Joint, Las Vegas, NV

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Agree. Its def the "Cheerleader Effect" in my opinion. the solos get vastly overrated because its head and shoulders above the rest of the album which contains pretty average-above avg solos.

Or perhaps we just like the song. Never ceases to amaze me how much people want to psychoanalyze others on here.

Sky Dog wrote:

yep....certain posters really believe they know what everybody else thinks. It is an amazing ability. I don't have it so I try not to tell people how they feel.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

IT comes with a certain responsibility. so I only let it out when things need to be straightened out around here. 13

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Well, you're plain fucked on TWAT. You may not like it, but the way that song builds to the outro hits me hard. I will admit it's not as striking live. Same with Prostitute- something went missing between the July 08 leaks and the release, and it's always sounded washed out live.

<bum-waggling right back atcha> wink

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

How is it cheerleader?

Find me a passage similar to the "I would do anything for you" part in AFD or UYI.

It's not there.

It's the highest notes he's ever sung for that long with rasp and power.

That's why I give the song respect.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

The main issue with TWAT, for ME, is the intro on the album with the Pitman-esque noises that, literally, bring me down and I lose all the interest in the song.

I was glad to hear they took it off the live versions and the leak was so much better imho without them.

Yes, I'm that picky.

johndivney wrote:

fwiw the bucket solo is perhaps my 2nd fave GnR solo ever (after Nightrain, obv).
when he pulls that Star Wars shit, fuck... every time my brain explodes. he's using the force to kill me w/the best solo of this century bar none.
the twists & turns & bends he takes are great in their technical brilliance, but also in what we call 'soul'. it's another desperately beautiful moment in the catalogue.

in general the song is like the crazy, demented, jealous twin sister of SCoM.
it's the blues ripping out of axl like what he used to do, when he was the king & things mattered to him.
& it's more than just a sign that he's 'still got it'. it's one of his greatest ever songs & performances. it's layered in detail (lonely teardrops/jackie wilson anyone?) & anguish. & like brian wilson's 'pocket symphonies', its music delivers a hard rain that's pure magic & terribly sad, lonely & volatile all at the same time. another perfect GnR song in other words. it's immense.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

The main issue with TWAT, for ME, is the intro on the album with the Pitman-esque noises that, literally, bring me down and I lose all the interest in the song.

Oh, always liked them.

A matter of taste, naturally.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

TWAT is the most overrated song ever by Gn'R fans and the solo is the most overrated solo by any group of fans ever as well.

Board footer