You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 11-07-2012 - The Joint, Las Vegas, NV

Axlin16 wrote:

Lesson learned:

Never... and I mean NEVER EVER bash the song "There Was A Time" on a GN'R board, and not expect to absolutely get gangraped for having that opinion.

Despite the style of it all, i'm impressed. Kudos to the passion on here for defending a Chinese Democracy song. Wow.

DCK wrote:

I can honestly say that whatever Bono is feeling about TWAT in negative terms, tripple that when it comes to my feelings for U2.

You gotta admit, that shit is pretty funny right there.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Well he shouldn't do that. But I also think we need to look at the situation that's created that sort of talk.

We live in a world where Axl stops talking to Kid Rock because he played with Slash.

Where jarmo is made official photographer and given unprecedented access to the band because he started a systematic campaign of minimising the role of the old band, and vilifying slash, and extreme censorship of people who liked the old band or indeed present any kind of view point that is not official 'team brazil' policy.

Where tons of people imitate Jarmo in hopes of receiving similar kickbacks and will lie, manipulate facts, and brazenly post anything as long as they think it's what's wanted of them by Fernando and the like.

And there doesn't need to be any consistency. The day Axl decides Slash is no longer a cancer he won't be $la$h anymore over there and we all know it.

Now that's not the case with you and of course the majority of posters here,  but given the band is run as a stepford-wives type operation , and even members of the band have to act in certain ways to be given access to Axl - it's hardly surprising that when Bono comes on here and reads opinions he thinks are outrageous that he jumps to conclusions.

Again, not saying you are one of those posters - but we've created a "boy who cried" wolf situation - so much bullshit has gone down over the years at almost all other sites that it's easy to tar everyone with the same brush after a while.

I'm not saying everything he posts is ok....but I dunno...I just felt it seemed like an over reaction.

I'm not talking about Axl, Slash, Kid Rock or jarmo. That has absolutely nothing to do with it.  I'm sorry man, that's kind of ridiculous. That's enabler talk. I'm talking about respect of this board and this community. He sets his sights on someone and follows them around from thread to thread berating them for even the most innocent comment that he just happened to disagree with. That has to do with him, nothing else. It has nothing to do with what he has to say, but his behavior and how he decides to express himself.

And Furbush, no one pounced on Bono, and most of the people who's being accused of it are people who took up for him in the past. That says a whole lot. The reason it got as bad as it did is because when Bono would go after anyone, a lot of people decided to "stay out of the shit." And I think that has to do with that he was saying something people agreed with, so they overlooked how he was expressing it and how he was brow beating people. This wasn't out of the blue. This has been building up for a long time. Russ did the right thing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not sure what your problem is anymore.  I used to understand you for the most part and even support you, but you've gotten to the point that you're turning yourself into what you're trying to fight being labeled as.  You can do what you want, but taking a step back for a bit might be a good idea...change up your perspective a little bit.

you've changed, buzz. bono is the same old bono we've come to love and ban. lol

but where he went too far was when he saod

"oh snap"

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U can disagree with my opinion on There Was A Time but i did spell out specifically why I think its overrated

never said I didn't "Like" it. but when people start throwing around SCOM, Estranged, NR... it becomes overrated

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

The other users were running Bono's own game on him and that's the reason they didn't receive warnings.Bono comes along and drops some post with no rhyme or reason behind it in order to get attention.That's all fine and good if you're going to contribute to the conversation and keep it moving. State a reason for your opinion instead of just dropping it to get everyone talking about you instead of the topic at hand. So a bunch of other users came along and did exactly what he does: drop an arbitrary opinion and insult. That doesn't seem worthy of warnings to me seeing as they're only giving back what they're received dozens of times. As far as Bono, he's been warned ad naseum about his insults, thus my skipping right to letting him sit out this time.

That has got to be the most fucking insane thing I've ever read. how severly lacking is your reading comprehension skills and common sense to think that my two comments were in any  way shape or form insulting? the only way you could  look at what i said as an insult is if you think me not liking the song TWAT was an insult. .

The topic at hand when I commented was TWAT. I simply stated I didn't get the fascination with the song. I think it sounds like a mess and I feel it's vastly overrated. Unbelievable that you think I was posting that to get attention.  I was "seeking attention" 16  Really Russ? Saying I don't like There Was a Time and that I think it's overrated is seeking attention? I have never read a more dellusional comment in my life. I think you really need to step away from your computer pal and take a break. Way too emotionally involved and that is painfully obvious when you start considering a  person's differeing opinion on a  song an insult. WOW!.

RussTCB wrote:

It's not his opinion that's the problem.

He posted his opinion to get a reaction. Not only did he get a reaction, he got exactly the same reaction he gives others constantly: insults without so much as a tiny argument to back them up. He turns around and uses that as a justification to openly insult several users all in one post.

And then I continue reading to see that.  The reason I posted my comment about TWAT was because TWAT was being discussed. People didn't like my opinion on it and so the flood gates opened. Again not once did I insult anyone or say anything even remotely rude to anyone untill the whiners who couldnt' handle someone not sharing their view on the song chimed in with their bullshit.

for the record one more time these were my two comments that "warrented" such a  meltdown from numerous members and are what Russ considers an insult.  Freaking hilarious.

Bono wrote:

I really don't get the fascination with TWAT. It's just not that good of a song in my opinion. To be honest I think it sounds like a mess live and on the album.  neutral

Bono wrote:

TWAT is the most overrated song ever by Gn'R fans and the solo is the most overrated solo by any group of fans ever as well.

It had NOTHING to do with how I said anything but rather what I said and people were offended. Unreal. Carry on with your tea party ladies.

johndivney wrote:

this is hilarious, but also a little sad. it's been like 5 or 6 days now & we're still on this 'injustice'.

ftr i didn't see anything seriously wrong w/bono's initial comments. tho it did strike me that he was trolling somewhat, just posting the same thing for a reaction, but he didn't go overboard. then he did go overboard, when there was really no justification for it.
people seemed to be having fun w/his comments. then he reacted w/a string of uncalled for vitriol :

Pathetic
idiotic
even more pathetic
your'e the whiner
ID you're still a  joke.
All these replies by you guys are fucking pathetic
you whiners
you clowns
the most fucking insane thing I've ever read. how severly lacking is your reading comprehension skills and common sense
I have never read a more dellusional comment in my life.
the whiners who couldnt' handle someone not sharing their view on the song chimed in with their bullshit

i think he does have issues w/communicating. he seems to take it very seriously. you look at the replies to his initial comments, nobody responded w/this kind a language. people were joshing him about U2 & he took it thick & lost his cool.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Which is what he was banned for, not saying he didn't like TWAT.

Nothing wrong with liking or not liking a song but don't expect an easy ride on ANY forum when you post that a song that is generally considered one of the bands best (certainly new era) is a mess and overrated. You're going to cop some heat, if you then throw the toys out of the pram when you get it you've only yourself to blame.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

this is hilarious, but also a little sad. it's been like 5 or 6 days now & we're still on this 'injustice'.

ftr i didn't see anything seriously wrong w/bono's initial comments. tho it did strike me that he was trolling somewhat, just posting the same thing for a reaction, but he didn't go overboard. then he did go overboard, when there was really no justification for it.
people seemed to be having fun w/his comments. then he reacted w/a string of uncalled for vitriol :

Pathetic
idiotic
even more pathetic
your'e the whiner
ID you're still a  joke.
All these replies by you guys are fucking pathetic
you whiners
you clowns
the most fucking insane thing I've ever read. how severly lacking is your reading comprehension skills and common sense
I have never read a more dellusional comment in my life.
the whiners who couldnt' handle someone not sharing their view on the song chimed in with their bullshit

i think he does have issues w/communicating. he seems to take it very seriously. you look at the replies to his initial comments, nobody responded w/this kind a language. people were joshing him about U2 & he took it thick & lost his cool.

Actually what's sad is Russ gives me a "time out" as he likes to call it and then for the next few days while I'm not here people run their fucking mouths about why I posted my original comment and what my intentions are on this board.  ID for example thinking I target people and follow people around. For christ sake it's a forum and small one. If anyone thinks I follow guys around you clearly have issues. Russ's comments about why I posted my opinion on TWAT are in fact fucking dellusional. No ifs ands or buts about it. Flat out wrong from top to bottom.  Also FYI it was you who called me a troll for saying what I did. 22

A Private Eye wrote:

Which is what he was banned for, not saying he didn't like TWAT.

Actually I've pointed it out quite clearly that the head umpire who thinks he's the show seems to be under the impression my original comments were insulting and meant only to gain attention.  Such a  joke. And as Monkey pointed out nothing I said was even remotely insulting yet a handfull of members felt the need to hurl insults for no apparent reason. Ok fine but expect it back. Whatever. It's your guys tea party.

Board footer