You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 11-10-2012 - The Joint, Las Vegas, NV

Sky Dog wrote:

Plus, nobody has ever fallen over a keyboard better than Mother Goose. 18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A25JjlC8pAA

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

What did she say to Stacey?

Beta had a large new tattoo on her right shoulder. It appeared to have a lot of detail so Stacey said "New ink huh? What is it?" and Beta just kind of shrugged her arm toward Stacey and mumbled "You can see it" as if Stacey was bothering her for even speaking to her.

So as apex said, it was literally a "cold shoulder" 16

My thing is this; we're all created equal. I don't believe anyone is "better" per se than anyone else. As big of a fanboy of Elvis as I am, the dude was human. Same with MJ, same with Axl, etc etc. And I just found it hilarious that Stacey was only talking to Beta because of genuinely wanting to know about her tattoo and was treated poorly as if she were somehow "better" than Stacey. Frank and Pitman had no attitude whatsoever and beyond that, were very very nice to Stacey. She was actually excited to meet those two and was merely trying to show interest in Beta's tattoo. I can't stress enough, this wasn't because it was "Beta's tattoo" it was because it was "A tattoo".

Sorry to go off but for all the good times I've had meeting different members of the band and crew it was just disgusting to watch one of "the people in charge" have the nerve to treat Stacey like she was below her.

You need to be more respectful to Beta. For without her, GN'R would not exist.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I have to admit it's kinda funny that someone like Beta (if not Axl himself) probably knows who I am by screen name at least.  It's sad too.  I saw Beta briefly at the Hard Rock (I only know it was her because she was pointed out to me by someone that would know) and though about going up and introducing myself...I think that would have been a classic moment.

I had one of those once. Not the same, but something semi equally without knowing your entire story man.

Story goes; boy not buying into the shit, making a mess and creating enemies. That was me. The rumour went around, around the crew of the band etc etc.

One of them came up to me and introduced herself, girlfriend of some dude connected to the band. I shook her hand and tried to be polite. Didn't work so well, she was pissed off. Then I got pissed off. Then the concert started. She got drunk and ended up inviting me to parties. I said no. I think she touched my face too. Yuck.

Bizarre.

Most bizarre night of my life I think.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Haha.. Beta is in the same category as Perla in my eyes. The " See you next tuesday" group. Sure you all can put that together.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Russ should gotten a picture with Fernando since we all know is the man with the plan!  16

Saltzy
 Rep: 1 

Saltzy wrote:

After the incredible success and response I got from this story on the other 2 main GnR message boards I figured I had to post this here too.

I think you'll all appreciate it.

As much as I loved Gnr before, after this incident I am forever indebited to them.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/to … requested/

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ic=64897.0

Just absolutey awesome. 

GnR forever.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

glad that story had a happy ending.

still, there's something not quite right about security @ gnr gigs. as has been mentioned it's not an isolated incident nor does it only happen @ this venue. hopefully it's a step in the right direction w/GnR taking more of a role in the behaviour of venue security.
like, they can't be blamed for random asshole security people but stuff like this does help & maybe they'll can take more interest & exert more influence in future..

what is the moral of the story tho? if you complain loud enough you'll get your way? or is it just a case of justice prevailing? i think it's shitty it came to this in the first place, but like i say it's maybe due to the decisions of one asshole or the venue security as opposed being GnR's fault.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Glad you got the mich back. Now, Axl owes that dude you got it from $100 16

I think it's one of those things where Fernando saw he was looking like an ass, going by what security told one of the HTGTH members, and decided to save face.

Either way, I'm glad he got the mich back.

Sky Dog wrote:

I just think that Axl being in the house puts these people on edge and they act very uptight/tight ass about it as a result. I mean think about it. If your job is to make sure fights/riots don't break out, you are going to be hyper-sensitive. We know this isn't 1991 but Ax's reputation certainly hasn't been a help. There is always potential for some form of chaos....not musically at this point...but we know he can be pretty mercurial.

Board footer