You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Zakk Wylde jammed with Slash

Smoking Guns wrote:

I saw a pic not that long ago with no hat. Looked normal. The hat is his trademark.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

That's what I'm thinking too. He looked a little Michael Bolton in that pic above but I think its just his tm.

It would also be funny if it fell off and there was a KFC bucket underneath

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I have to admit I'm curious how long a thread can go on Slash's hair...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I have to admit I'm curious how long a thread can go on Slash's hair...

That's why we have more posts in the GN'R section, cause people prefer talking about the tabloid aspect, like weight gain, hair loss, disastrous performances, being 3-hour late, riots, rants, secrets and conspiracy theories. Axl brings you all.
Music and a functioning, alive band is less interesting, even on a GN'R fan board. hmm

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

He's thinner than he was in his youth I think but I don't think it's anything drastic...just natural ageing.

This was taken in 2011 I think

Slash+-+cover2.jpg

I sort of like that he has the hat again these days as it's like "Slash is back" - like he used to wear the hat in GNR - then in VR it was present at gigs on his amps - but not often worn - sometimes for the encore - so these days when he wears it to me it's like he's back to being slash from GNR  and not some post-modern-rock grungy VR band (much as I like VR).

That said - I hear you guys that it seems glued on - I do suspect he does it to avoid having to make his hair too presentable...much like Axl's recent reliance on head covering garments....

Sort of wish they'd both just age naturally...as i think such devices to hide it are transparent anyway - so it just makes you look unconfident...I'd prefer they got up there half bald and just went "what of it? I'm still more badass than you"

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I've only seen this:
fast06040628.jpg

His hair appears fuller in later pics, so he might have both plugs/wig and wear the hat. Or he got tired of the wig and went with the hat full time instead.

Yeah, I think this is the photo I saw where it was looking a bit thin on top.

As for the ongoing Slash's hair discussions, it just sucks to see your favourite rock stars aging.... 14

And yeah, I think he wears the hat, because thats the image he's iconic-ally known for. Kinda like Angus Young forever dressed as a school kid at AC/DC gigs.

I think Slash wears the top hat and sunnies as a security blanket too, as he's always said that he's super shy. And being sober, he doesn't have alcohol or drugs to rely on as a crutch for playing in front of crowds.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

That's why we have more posts in the GN'R section, cause people prefer talking about the tabloid aspect, like weight gain, hair loss, disastrous performances, being 3-hour late, riots, rants, secrets and conspiracy theories. Axl brings you all.
Music and a functioning, alive band is less interesting, even on a GN'R fan board. hmm

Karma for this Mikka! 5

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

What about his eye balls we dont see them much either tongue

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^they're going bald too

Board footer