You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

Stacey wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I'm just mad cuz she was rude to Stacey for no reason 16

^this too. Ugh. Skank

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Thanks Beta.

I wonder what the hell Beta was thinking there. If they get back together she's still the lady of the house only now Axl will be richer than ever before and on top of the world again. There's no real threat to her position and if she really cares about him this might be exactly what he needs to be happy. If not a reunion, at least just for him to see this "demon" as he sees him face to face for the first time in 10 years.

One can assume Axl has given her strict orders that he does not want to talk to Slash. Which is interesting cause it doesn't really make any sense. Axl has indicated he's open to talk if Slash apologizes for everything. I can't think of any better way for that to happen than Slash dragging himself up to his door begging to talk to him.

Either way, for her not to realize that this was the moment for a reconciliation, orders or not, yeah thanks Yok...Beta.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Thanks Beta.

I wonder what the hell Beta was thinking there. If they get back together she's still the lady of the house only now Axl will be richer than ever before and on top of the world again. There's no real threat to her position and if she really cares about him this might be exactly what he needs to be happy. If not a reunion, at least just for him to see this "demon" as he sees him face to face for the first time in 10 years.

One can assume Axl has given her strict orders that he does not want to talk to Slash. Which is interesting cause it doesn't really make any sense. Axl has indicated he's open to talk if Slash apologizes for everything. I can't think of any better way for that to happen than Slash dragging himself up to his door begging to talk to him.

Either way, for her not to realize that this was the moment for a reconciliation, orders or not, yeah thanks Yok...Beta.

You've missed the point: If a reunion happened by that time, she would NOT be the 'manager' today.

Also, I think a reunion would not happen. Well, not creatively, perhaps a tour and that's all. I still think Axl and Slash do not see eye to eye musically nowadays. Just compare Chinese Democracy with all Slash solo efforts from this time.

Velvet Revolver saw Slash TRYING to reach a different style and that has been reported by him as painful as it could be.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ She's also the one who ruined the 2007 reunion by refusing Slash access to Axl the night he turned up at Axl's place.

Discussion always focuses on if Slash did or didn't lie about it. But lets get real. He showed up there to talk it out with Axl and had they been able to do so - they probably would have resolved some of the more abstract stuff like this idea that Slash wanted My World to fail and so on.

Had that happened...CD would have featured slash, and Slash 2010 would be a GNR record...and we'd be listening to bootlegs of 2006-2010 era axl rasp with modern slash-shredding.

Thanks Beta.

Wow. I don't remember anything about a 2007 reunion or anything close to what you described. And I was always under the impression that Axl was there when Slash showed up and that Beta wasn't hiding him away. There's a lot to not like about Beta, imo, but none of what you mentioned up there has anything to do with Beta. It's just hard to believe Beta is the sole reason Slash isn't on CD.... I don't know how you can be mad at her for something you're basically making up in your head about what she's preventing.

Sorry, Monkey. That entire post is pure wishful thinking.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Stacey wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I'm just mad cuz she was rude to Stacey for no reason 16

^this too. Ugh. Skank

14 Honest to God, I think this is the first time in the history of GN'R forums that someone's called her a "skank". Perla on the other hand.... she's been called that ad nusuem 16

Well. I calls em like I sees em.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Wow. I don't remember anything about a 2007 reunion or anything close to what you described. And I was always under the impression that Axl was there when Slash showed up and that Beta wasn't hiding him away.

Maybe Axl was there and just refused to see Slash himself, but you are talking about a person who doesn't know he's going to be interviewed by Eddie Trunk until just before, and who was told his was playing a small club on NYE then found out it was a whole gig. Axl is kept out of the loop most of the time it seems - presumably so things won't upset him. I'm guessing he doesn't answer his own door unless he's expecting company.

What I do know is that GNR have been offered insane sums of money multiple times to reunite - including $150m from Live Nation a few years back. We also know that Scott Weiland was under the serious impression that GNR would reunite - and himself almost disbanded VR over this issue on occasion.

Behind the scenes such things are always going to be placed on the table cos everyone on earth, and everyone associated with these guys businesses, is going to want them to do it, except of course for Axl and Slash themselves.

Axl himself has said that Slash needs to apologise to him.

Slash showed up at Axl's house to sort it out once and for all. How is that going to happen if he can't even see him?

And even if Axl hates slash - if slash has come over to beg for forgiveness - (which it seemed at minimum he'd given over a lot of face by comming to admit VR wasn't working and he needs Axl) - it seems unlikely Axl wouldn't want to even speak to slash - even if just to tell him to go to hell.

The questions to me are:

* Why is it that Axl's anger toward Slash is fresher than ever - when that haven't even spoken in 15 years - doteam brazil and their associates speak negatively of slash to show loyalty to Axl - or does fuelling that fire ensure their status?

* Who did speak to Slash when he came to the door? And if he really said all the anti VR stuff - why wasn't he granted an audience?

* Ever notice how Axl doesn't know what's going on with the band, and he always finds out how people are betraying him? I'm sure a bunch of people have tried to force a reunion on him, but at the same time, he's been nearly unable to develop much of anything with some of the most talented music managers out there. And when Axl is obviously a friendly guy to them all the time - why is it that band members quit? It's because there's a hell of a lot of politics. Ever notice how the inner circle - beta etc - always stay - and everyone else band/managers etc at the next level comes and goes? Is that because she's really the only loyal person or because everyone else only gets communication through Team Brazil.

Also - when did things start melting down with the UYI band - people say when Izzy left - but I think it's more like from the period where all communication with Axl became "through his people" and when what Slash calls the "hangers on" started informally managing Axl's life.

It's a theme throughout this whole story. So sure...there's no 2007 reunion...but it was a lot closer than people realisie...and yay....team brazil are achieving tours that even Kiss' manager or the guy who runs Live Nation could not achieve....funny that.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Scott lies.  A lot.

No matter how much money is offered for a reunion, Axl isn't biting.

There isn't one single fragment of real evidence that any reunion was ever even close to happening, outside Marc saying Axl offered Slash a spot on CD a long, long, long time ago.

Axl's feelings towards Slash are his problem. He's a grown man. His friends don't have some magical sway over him... The dude holds a grudge.

There's only one person standing in the way of what you want, Monkey, and it isn't Beta. As much as we slag her and blame her for shit (that we really don't know) it's quite possible if it weren't for Beta Axl may not be here today.

1288099464866_f.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

she's the only one who's pushing the current lineup as a going concern. So, kudos to her for that.

REALLY? If so, the standards for 21st century GNR are even lower than I thought.

Let's see....

4 years and counting of nothing new

set lists dating back almost a decade(fuck those covers)

the Slash obsession still going strong

other shit not worth posting.....

you consider that a "push"?

The current lineup isn't being pushed until the current lineup actually does something. I'm not gonna take a swipe at fans who enjoy what the band is currently doing but cant we just call a spade a spade instead of disguising it as forward progress? Maybe I'm out of the loop as I rarely check this section anymore. Has an earth shattering forward movement occurred that I'm unaware of, or is the hottest news off the presses being Beta and a guitar?

Margaret Thatcher

Funny. Probably the first and last Thatcher reference on a GNR site we'll see. Knocks my Marty Balin reference to CD era ballads out of the park.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Wow. I don't remember anything about a 2007 reunion or anything close to what you described. And I was always under the impression that Axl was there when Slash showed up and that Beta wasn't hiding him away.

Maybe Axl was there and just refused to see Slash himself, but you are talking about a person who doesn't know he's going to be interviewed by Eddie Trunk until just before, and who was told his was playing a small club on NYE then found out it was a whole gig. Axl is kept out of the loop most of the time it seems - presumably so things won't upset him. I'm guessing he doesn't answer his own door unless he's expecting company.

What I do know is that GNR have been offered insane sums of money multiple times to reunite - including $150m from Live Nation a few years back. We also know that Scott Weiland was under the serious impression that GNR would reunite - and himself almost disbanded VR over this issue on occasion.

Behind the scenes such things are always going to be placed on the table cos everyone on earth, and everyone associated with these guys businesses, is going to want them to do it, except of course for Axl and Slash themselves.

Axl himself has said that Slash needs to apologise to him.

Slash showed up at Axl's house to sort it out once and for all. How is that going to happen if he can't even see him?

And even if Axl hates slash - if slash has come over to beg for forgiveness - (which it seemed at minimum he'd given over a lot of face by comming to admit VR wasn't working and he needs Axl) - it seems unlikely Axl wouldn't want to even speak to slash - even if just to tell him to go to hell.

The questions to me are:

* Why is it that Axl's anger toward Slash is fresher than ever - when that haven't even spoken in 15 years - doteam brazil and their associates speak negatively of slash to show loyalty to Axl - or does fuelling that fire ensure their status?

* Who did speak to Slash when he came to the door? And if he really said all the anti VR stuff - why wasn't he granted an audience?

* Ever notice how Axl doesn't know what's going on with the band, and he always finds out how people are betraying him? I'm sure a bunch of people have tried to force a reunion on him, but at the same time, he's been nearly unable to develop much of anything with some of the most talented music managers out there. And when Axl is obviously a friendly guy to them all the time - why is it that band members quit? It's because there's a hell of a lot of politics. Ever notice how the inner circle - beta etc - always stay - and everyone else band/managers etc at the next level comes and goes? Is that because she's really the only loyal person or because everyone else only gets communication through Team Brazil.

Also - when did things start melting down with the UYI band - people say when Izzy left - but I think it's more like from the period where all communication with Axl became "through his people" and when what Slash calls the "hangers on" started informally managing Axl's life.

It's a theme throughout this whole story. So sure...there's no 2007 reunion...but it was a lot closer than people realisie...and yay....team brazil are achieving tours that even Kiss' manager or the guy who runs Live Nation could not achieve....funny that.

I just finished Duff's book, add on to all this how he tells the story of them meeting again.

They were in nextdoor hotel rooms, Duff decided he was going to just man up, go knock on the door and talk to him.  Duff is met in the hallway by "Axl's management" who says "You can't talk to him right now, he's getting in the shower"

Duff replies "Don't worry, I've seen him naked before".

As they're halfway arguing about it in the hallway, the door cracks open and it's Axl who says "I thought I heard your voice, come on in man" (and he wasn't naked)

They evidently didn't want him talking to Duff either.

Board footer