You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Velvet Revolver to Reunite in 2013 Says Weilamd

Intercourse wrote:
Riad wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

AL deserves repeated listening.
I found the record oddly sterile despite the stellar guitar work but I've come to appreciate it more and more.

Yes Sterile! I totally understand that and feel much the same about it to be honest!

So sterile in fact that the idea of repeated listening grates with me. I love slash's post gnr work but this is just not on par for me.

Its weird how both of us have the exact same feeling about what is supposed to be a live record. To be honest, I've not been happy with how Slash has been recorded for the longest time now. It does affect my enjoyment of his music quite alot.

This was the last time I think the essesence of Slash was captured properly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFb1lxg1lOE

I just wish his latest record sounded like that.

For example, if you listen to the solo in "Far and Away", its one of Slash's best, the musicality in the note selection for his runs etc is stellar yet, the song sound like the air has been sucked out it.

Slash needs to put the a"size" back into his band mixes...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This captured slash's sound well I recon:

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I agree. One of my favorite Cooper songs and he just let's Slash rip and shred like a beast!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland is yet again using the press to try and coax Slash into doing a Velvet Revolver reunion. He has told SouthFlorida.com that Velvet Revolver is “definitely” his priority over Stone Temple Pilots, even though Velvet Revolver isn’t currently together. Weiland added, “The rest comes when it comes. Promise.” He fished even more for some big money offers, “I’m definitely excited about the prospect of reforming VR in 2013. I’ve already spoken to some of the guys who are interested in it. I kind of feel like we’re all sort of itching to come back ever since we played that impromptu set back in January [in Hollywood, Calif.], and Duff and I have talked. I didn’t talk to Slash in the beginning because of the Christmas stuff I was doing, but he wants it. I finally figured out a way to tour and make money out of it.”

After Weiland lied in May stating that Velvet Revolver were back together writing and set to tour in late 2012, Slash responded by saying Weiland was “out of his mind” and that he did not want to play with him again, stating that he gets along better with Weiland when they don’t have the baggage of being in a band together. Slash is currently on tour with his solo act that features Myles Kennedy, and has European dates planned through all of February into early March. He will also be playing Ozzfest next May in Japan. Slash’s solo career has been very successful, with solid album sales and live attendance.

Weiland also discussed his current band Stone Temple Pilots, which yet again is in limbo. Weiland stated, “I think we need to take a break right now. We kind of got burned on each other because we played the same sets for too long. It became this thing about, ‘Let’s just make money.’” Weiland said in late 2011 that Stone Temple Pilots would likely have a new album out in 2012. It’s very disappointing that after all of these years STP still can’t figure out that they work best when they’re making music together.

STP are done again (likely due to their album being DOA and ticket sales low,) Scott needs money- hey! Lets get VR back together.

Scott may end up winning. He's putting the name out there more frequently now. They will get offers. Worked with STP.

Board footer