You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Dizzy Reed Interview Jakarta Post

metallex78 wrote:

December 02 2012

At the height of rock music popularity in the 1990s, there was Guns N’ Roses (GN’R), a virtuoso band that attracted leagues of music fans across the genres.

With the banshee shrieks of Axl Rose and rough melancholic tunes, the group united the heart-wringing heavy metal fans with the blues boys. Its first work Appetite for Destruction in 1987 was the largest-selling debut album in rock history.

Scheduled to perform in Senayan Sports Stadium, Senayan, Central Jakarta, on Dec. 15, the legendary band promised to give their best in a three-hour show, delivering all hits, including “November Rain” and “Sweet Child O’ Mine”.

“Our goal is just to get our music out to everybody. Yes, it’s long overdue [the concert in Indonesia], but we’re going to come down there, and we’ll do our best to not disappoint you guys,” Dizzy Reed, currently responsible for keyboard, piano, percussion and backing vocals in the band, told The Jakarta Post during a recent phone interview.

Reed joined the band in February 1990 as pianist as well as backing vocals and produced the single Civil War in May 1993.

“I loved Appetite for Destruction when it came out. That was one of the best ever rock records. So, I was there, starting as the fan of the band and then joining the band. It means everything for me to be in Guns N’ Roses, and I feel really lucky to still be able to do this for a living, and it’s still a lot of fun,” said the 49-year-old musician.

The current lineup consists of Rose, Reed, bassist Thomas “Tommy” Eugene Stinson, another keyboardist Chris Pitman, guitarists Richard Fortus, Ron “Bumblefoot” Blumenthal, Daren Jay “DJ” Ashba and drummer Frank Ferrer.

Over a possible new record, Reed said that the band was in the early stages with each member sharing his ideas.

“We had a lot of stuff that we haven’t finished from the past, some great songs… I just hope it won’t take us to another 10 years,” he said.

Despite numerous changes in lineup as well as drug abuse along the way, Reed said that the band had grown into a better form, although he was not sure whether the band would survive another 20 years.

“Sometimes you just have to take things one step at a time. It’s good to have a plan and place, and so I hope we’re still rocking 20 years from now. I hope that we don’t look bad doing it.”

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012 … glory.html

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Reed said that the band was in the early stages with each member sharing his ideas.

Early stages.... 10

What do these guys do when they're not out touring?

I really don't get that there is so much talent in this band, and regardless of Axl's involvement, they're still only in the 'early stages' after all these years.... 14

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I take that to just mean what we already know: They worked on songs previously that were never finished. It also seems to mean there is no active development on the album - other than individually people sending in tracks to axl when they have a partial song idea.

I really hope they get together and do something with it all one day.

It's sad to think of stuff just languashing away unfinished on an HDD somewhere.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I have this strange feeling that CD II will take as much time as CD I did.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Well, it's already 4 years since CD came out, the years are starting to add up again...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I feel bad for Dizzy, as well as the others. They want to record.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Well, it's already 4 years since CD came out, the years are starting to add up again...

The HTGTH clock will only start when they're in the studio I can guarantee that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Not to mention it's likely many of the song ideas were written 10 years ago or more at this stage.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Not to mention it's likely many of the song ideas were written 10 years ago or more at this stage.

Exactly, if CD was "always thought of as a double album", then the second album.  Well, you do the math.

Board footer