You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Total Guitar Interview with Ron, DJ & Richard

metallex78 wrote:

I dunno, it might be that, but I never saw Ron and Robin chummy, or Richard and Robin chummy the way that they are with DJ.

And didn't Ron say something like when he first joined, he had to battle to even be heard on stage.
I think that Ron, Richard and DJ are much more comfortable in sharing guitar duties.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

As for the Robin solo being harder to learn thing, I'd say that comes from Slash's riffing being closer to traditional rock that DJ is more suited to, than the jumbling of odd notes in the bizarre way that Robin plays... 16

Yeah, it's easier to learn something good that makes sense and you like than... the other stuff 14
I wonder if the poor bendings (and questionable tunings) on CD were intentional, or just... Robin.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I like that it seems everyone is like a family and get along really well. All of them.

I also thought it was really cool for the guys when asked about the songs, they basically named a Robin Finck number (This I Love) and a Buckethead number (his original writing for Shackler's Revenge), as the songs that were really tough, over the older material. It shows a progression of GN'R on some level for them, and it also shows these guys hear and know and understand what the actual diehard fans know. There were guys in the past, like Robin & Bucket that seemed beyond silent and disinterested in talking about any of that.

I really love all of these guys. I really do. I don't want to see any of them leave. I just wish they could be out there performing THEIR songs and really feeling that groove with the Guns fans.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:

I like that it seems everyone is like a family and get along really well. All of them.

I also thought it was really cool for the guys when asked about the songs, they basically named a Robin Finck number (This I Love) and a Buckethead number (his original writing for Shackler's Revenge), as the songs that were really tough, over the older material. It shows a progression of GN'R on some level for them, and it also shows these guys hear and know and understand what the actual diehard fans know. There were guys in the past, like Robin & Bucket that seemed beyond silent and disinterested in talking about any of that.

I really love all of these guys. I really do. I don't want to see any of them leave. I just wish they could be out there performing THEIR songs and really feeling that groove with the Guns fans.

THIS!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I have to say, I kind of resent the assertion that if you get pissed off at a late start, you're only a "casual" fan. I'm about as far from that as it's possible to be, and I was annoyed when I had to leave early at the O2 gig. And it wasn't because I knew I'd have to get up for work the next day, it was a simple matter of logistics – the O2 in Greenwich is miles from anything, and the public transport stops shortly after midnight. And I live on the other side of town.

As it was, they ended up having to hold the last train for all the people who stuck around – bet the public transport people were fucking delighted about that.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

These guys have twice the balls that the likes of Izzy ever had in interviews.

DJ admits he once hated parts of Axl's opus to Steph.
Bumble admits he hates the late starts and the solos.

Fair deuce to them, it also goes to show that a level of comfort has settled into this band and that these guys don't come across as measured gagged and controlled as they used to.

My only gripe is the comment about the old members bagging on Axl in the press...I ask it all of the time....WHERE?...PLEASE SHOW ME...

Where the FUCK was this interview 4 years ago?

I am a shameless GNR reunionist but these guys have earned their right to be called GNR band members and I hope they get to do at least an album with the band before they die of old age.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It's so much fun to see them finally do shit like this.

I'm thrilled.

Just wished they had done it 5 years ago when I was still young.

Ron, Richard and DJ deserve a GNR album, they are pulling this thing now and doing a better job than ever before.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I dunno, it might be that, but I never saw Ron and Robin chummy, or Richard and Robin chummy the way that they are with DJ.

And didn't Ron say something like when he first joined, he had to battle to even be heard on stage.
I think that Ron, Richard and DJ are much more comfortable in sharing guitar duties.

Robin has a tv in his closet and watches it there. He sports garbage bags on stage.

Probably not the first guy to talk pussy and football over a beer.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

My favorite part is of course where dj said that a finck solo was harder to learn than 21

Is't jsut lk1e hwo tihs snetnce si hrader to laern to tpye tahn yuor one abvoe.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

My only gripe is the comment about the old members bagging on Axl in the press...I ask it all of the time....WHERE?...PLEASE SHOW ME...

My first thought was Steven.

Board footer