You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: What Is The Saddest Song Ever Written? (RS Article)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Oh..yeah there was one time where I cried during The Show Must Go On. I don't why maybe it was a rough day and the song came on my ipod or maybe something else. It's hard to explain.

I remember getting upset to Just Like Starting Over by John Lennon & Yoko because yeah...John never got to live his comeback and there were other things he wanted to do in life with his family that weren't fulfilled...It's hard to not get upset at times depending on your mood.

I completely understand when that happens cause I've experienced those same feelings when a particular song comes on. Shine on You Crazy Diamond is another example.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

This list is bad. Not saying those aren't sad songs, but I can think of a few huge omissions.

Tears in Heaven by Clapton?
Hurt by NIN? (Or Cash)

How are those songs not on there?

What about Nutshell by AIC? Not only are the lyrics sad, but its Laynes most emotional performance.

I gave up on RS a long time ago. They are far past relevance.

Replace 4, 5 and 9 with these songs and the list becomes better. The order is a whole different issue.

Me_Wise_Magic

I totally forgot to add Hurt in my previous post. Cash's version is very deep and powerful.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

What about these...?

"I Want You" by Elvis Costello
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWt6XxP2biE

"Ready for Love" by India Irie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLbcpwCIsh0

"Love Hurts"
Covered by Elvis Costello & Amy Lou Harris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yAbOpiAKi8

"I hope that I don't fall in love with you" Tom Waits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtLVXBqfqBY

johndivney wrote:

oh yea I Want You by Elvis Costello is the winner. it's horrible but fucking the greatest song ever at the same time.

not even my old roommate could ruin that for me. fucking countless times he'd come in about 2/3/4 in the morning after another failed romantic endeavour & ask me to put that song on for him. it & leonard cohen. eventually i moved out & gave him a bunch of my cd's so he could continue to stew in his misery.
good times.

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB wrote:

Cash's version of Hurt! That's yet another one!

His cover of God's Gonna Cut You Down is amazing! Cash fucking owns this song!

..and of course you can't forget The Man Comes Around. Chilling track and powerful. When this song showed up in the Dawn of the Dead remake, you know shit was gonna go down! 9

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Saikin wrote:

This list is bad. Not saying those aren't sad songs, but I can think of a few huge omissions.

Tears in Heaven by Clapton?
Hurt by NIN? (Or Cash)

How are those songs not on there?

What about Nutshell by AIC? Not only are the lyrics sad, but its Laynes most emotional performance.

I gave up on RS a long time ago. They are far past relevance.

Replace 4, 5 and 9 with these songs and the list becomes better. The order is a whole different issue.

To be fair it isn't RS's list, just a list they've taken from a some scientists.

I still think it's odd though, I've always thought Angels was kinda uplifting.

REM - Everybody Hurts would be in the list for me, made me bawl like a baby once although I was listening to it in fairly sad circumstances.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I always thought Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence is pretty sad.

The Gary Jules version of Mad World is quite emotive too.

Board footer