You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Ten strangest pizzas in history

James wrote:

Japanese 'Mega Pizza'
This Pizza Hut monstrosity, exclusive to Japan, brings America to Asia. The crust is made of hot dogs wrapped in bacon and rolls of molten cheese. The center is built with hamburgers, cheese rolls, sausage, bacon, ham, bacon bits, mushroom, onion, pepper, garlic and tomato sauce. The pie also comes with two toppings -- ketchup and maple syrup -- and a world of shame once you're done.

Fried Egg
How can something so simple be so disgusting? This fried-egg-pizza combination is initially repulsive, then intriguing ("Could I dip the crust in the yolk...?") and then repulsive again.

Happy Meal Pizza
Possibly the most calorific pizza ever photographed, this is a lesson in learning when to pull back from the brink of insanity. In short, this is a selection of McDonald's famous fat-kid snacks(Hamburgers, french fries, and chicken mcnuggets) placed on a pizza base and covered in loads of cheese. That's it. The problem? We still might eat it.

Squid Ink
There is a time and a place to celebrate man's victory over the sea. Sitting down for a slice of pizza is not that time or place. And seriously, squid ink? Doesn't that taste like, well, ink, or squid poo?

Fruit and Cream
This fruit pizza might be a delicious vitamin C-rich snack. Or it might be a creamy, disturbing dessert-pizza nightmare. Either way, there's something about topping a pizza with icing that's wrong, no matter what course of the meal it comes with.

Pickle, Port and Grape
This grape-and-pickle pizza is made with port wine and gorgonzola cheese. But despite the undoubted weirdness of those toppings, does anyone else think this actually looks pretty amazing? In any case, dousing your pizza in alcohol is always a worthy experiment.

Rice 'Mizza' Pizza
We're not really sure if this Korean pizza, made out of rice, counts as pizza at all. But the curried chicken topping looks unexpectedly appetizing. Once you've crunched through the dry, tasteless inch-thick rice patty, that is.

Chocolate
Putting marshmallows and dark chocolate on a pizza might bring back pleasant memories of making s'mores at camp, but that won't last when you're throwing up in a bucket.

Cheeseburger Pizza
This cheeseburger-inspired pie is more refined than the McDonald's-on-a-pizza insanity. But then again, so is almost anything else in the world. What really sells this strange yet intriguing creation is the ground beef, ketchup and fried onion toppings, which promise a surprisingly tasty meal that may come without the accompanying heart attack.

Nino's 'Luxury' Pizza
Topped with six varieties of caviar, chives, fresh lobster and creme fraiche, this $1,000 New York City pizza reeks of big money and cheap publicity. The one thing it doesn't taste of is decent pizza.

source: asylum.com

"Mega Pizza" - that one was fucking hilarious.

Squid ink tastes pretty good, though.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Squid Ink and Chocalate Pizza is about as appetizing to me as seeing Rosie O'donnel in a thong. :sick:

Scarlett
 Rep: 2 

Scarlett wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Squid Ink and Chocalate Pizza is about as appetizing to me as seeing Rosie O'donnel in a thong. :sick:

I like chocolate every now and then, but on pizza? Squid ink pizza-is that a joke? Agreed- just the thoughts of sampling either of those pizzas makes me :sick:.

Board footer