You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Slash Mention on Howard Stern

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

So what you're saying Chow is the most dangerous band in the world is actually a bunch of pussies.

Yep.

Slash has terms for interviews.

Axl used to make people sign an entire contract detailing his right for final approval and editing rights  before he'd agree to sit an interview.

It's pretty standard work for almost any famous person to have preferred topics and no-go-zones from their publicist...don't really understand why you guys are singling slash out on this.

I'm not singling Slash out for having "off limits topics".  I'm singling him out for publicly complaining about how an interviewer went off topic and then backtracking on it when he realized he was wrong in doing so.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I enjoyed the Stern movie, but he himself in 2012 isn't anything great.  I love Robin.  I can't beleive there is so much discussion about this....  Stern maybe one of the biggest shock jocks ever, but Slash is one of the most famous guitar players ever.  So its not like Slash is looking for his big "Break" on the stern show.  Slash is a star to the stars.....  I guess he had an unrealistic desire of respect.

I think you're downplaying the importance of Howard Stern.  Look, I'm not putting Slash down by any means.  You're right, he's one of the most recognizable guitarists in the history of rock.  Stern is every bit as big as Slash, just in a different field.  They don't call him the King of All Media for nothing.  And just because you don't think he's as relevant in 2012 as he was in the 90's.  Hate to tell you, but the same could very well be said for 21

faldor

faldor wrote:
smoke wrote:

There's no doubt in my mind that we're making way more of this than either Howard or Slash are or did at the time. smile

True, though Howard did not sound happy about it when he brought it up.  He knows how to hold a grudge, so if Slash didn't call to apologize I'm sure there would've been one.

But again, all is forgiven and forgotten.  We'll see how things are handled the next time Slash has something to promote.  He used to routinely go on Stern whenever he was pushing something.  He didn't go on though when he promoted his first solo album.  Could have been a scheduling issue, as Stern works 3 day weeks and takes lots of vacations, but I did take notice of that back then.  Obviously there was nothing to it though, since he had Slash on to promote AL.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Stern is huge, we all agree.  I agree with almost all you said, but I just don't see the big deal here..

pi2loc
 Rep: 2 

pi2loc wrote:
-D- wrote:

Slash's publicist called and said Slash was upset the GNR talk went on way too long.

Am I the only one reading this? Slash has no problem talkin' about Gn'R but if you've heard the interview, it was indeed too damn long.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

The interview was crap. Opposite in tone, but just as bad as that Trunk one with Axl.

I see nothing wrong with his publicist complaining, Slash shouldn't have apologised, but he seems to be one of those people who never wants to offend.

Board footer