You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: KISS

BLS-Pride wrote:

KISS has set a December 18, 2007 release date for the third volume of a definitive DVD collection, "Kissology - Vol. 3 1992-2000". The set will contain nearly 10 hours of KISS live on stage, including songs that didn't make it into the broadcast or CD version of the MTV "Unplugged" performance; and the much-heralded Queens, NY Coventry Show from December 1973 '” the band's first-ever concert filmed in makeup in its entirety.

"Kissology - Vol. 3 1992-2000" has been super-expanded to four DVDs, featuring over 100 live performances, commentary from Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Bruce Kulick and Tommy Thayer as well as a 20-page full-color booklet.

Five concerts are included:

* Detroit - 1992
* Detroit - 1996
* Los Angeles - 1998
* New Jersey - 2000
* Queens, NY - 1973

One version of the release will feature a fifth bonus disc of KISS' performance at the KROQ Weenie Roast on June 15, 1996. Tracks include: "Deuce", "Love Gun", "Calling Dr. Love", "Firehouse", "Shock Me", "100,000 Years", "Detroit Rock City", "Black Diamond" and "Rock and Roll All Nite".

2_kissology3a.JPG

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I haven't been much of a Kiss fan since I was a kid. Nice compilation of shows though. I never liked how they really milked their discography. They have a bunch of hits albums with a pretty much identical tracklist.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I have both of the KISSOLOGY's that have been released, and this one looks to be the best by a mile. I am extremely excited about this one. There will be a bonus disc also, as indicated by that ad. As it has been with the prior KISSOLOGY's, certain stores will get certain bonus dvds. I have heard that the other ones not listed yet will be shows that havent surfaced in the bootleg circuit. I am very excited about that.

Paul Stanley will also have a live dvd being released around that time from his "Live to Win" tour.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I haven't been much of a Kiss fan since I was a kid. Nice compilation of shows though. I never liked how they really milked their discography. They have a bunch of hits albums with a pretty much identical tracklist.

The record label is to blame for much of the compilations being released with very similar track lists. The band doesnt really have much to do with that. It's a shame, really.

curro
 Rep: 7 

curro wrote:

I have vol 1 and I'm still awaiting the second.
At this rate I'm gonna orderer the vol 3 just now.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

GENE SIMMONS: 'There Is Nothing In Me That Wants To Go In There And Do New Music' - Nov. 12, 2007
Billboard magazine recently conducted an interview with KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

Billboard: You've got the third series of the "Kissology" DVD coming out next month. Is there much more we can expect coming?

Simmons: There'll be 10. No one '” and that includes THE BEATLES and ELVIS '” can touch our (KISS') merchandising and licensing. Nobody. Outside of the music world, it's only Disney and Lucas. But in the music world, they can't shine our shoes.

Billboard: Any touring plans?

Simmons: We'll tour a few dates next year. We don't have anything to prove to anybody or do press to convince anybody we're important. We're doing KISS festivals around the Indy car racing series. Simmons Abramson Marketing markets and brands Indy cars. I came up with the I Am Indy brand, by the way. They go on the night before. We'll do 15 dates or so. We'll also go to Australia and New Zealand and maybe to four to six shows '” but nothing comprehensive until we feel like it.

Billboard: It has been nine years since we've seen a new KISS album. Any plans to get back into the studio?

Simmons: The record industry is in such a mess. I called for what it was when college kids first started download music for free '” that they were crooks. I told every record label I spoke with that they just lit the fuse to their own bomb that was going to explode from under them and put them on the street.

There is nothing in me that wants to go in there and do new music. How are you going to deliver it? How are you going to get paid for it if people can just get it for free? I will be putting out a Gene Simmons box set called "Monster" '” a collection of 150 unreleased songs. KISS will have another box set of unreleased music in the next year.

The record industry doesn't have a f*cking clue how to make money. It's only their fault for letting foxes get into the henhouse and then wondering why there's no eggs or chickens. Every little college kid, every freshly-scrubbed little kid's face should have been sued off the face of the earth. They should have taken their houses and cars and nipped it right there in the beginning. Those kids are putting 100,000 to a million people out of work. How can you pick on them? They've got freckles. That's a crook. He may as well be wearing a bandit's mask.

Doesn't affect me. But imagine being a new band with dreams of getting on stage and putting out your own record. Forget it.

Billboard: But some artist like RADIOHEAD and Trent Reznor are trying to find a new business model.

Simmons: That doesn't count. You can't pick on one person as an exception. And that's not a business model that works. I open a store and say "Come on in and pay whatever you want." Are you on f*cking crack? Do you really believe that's a business model that works?

Billboard: So what if music just becomes free and artists make their living off of touring and merchandise?

Simmons: Well, therein lies the most stupid mistake anybody can make. The most important part is the music. Without that, why would you care? Even the idea that you're considering giving the music away for free makes it easier to give it away for free. The only reason why gold is expensive is because we all agree that it is. There's no real use for it, except we all agree and abide by the idea that gold costs a certain amount per ounce. As soon as you give people the choice to deviate from it, you have chaos and anarchy. And that's what going on.

Read the entire interview at Billboard.biz.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

Nice interview. Thanks for posting, I hadnt seen this before.

I have come to terms with never having a new KISS album with new material. Paul Stanley has absolutley 100% no interest in doing one. What I dont like is that it sounds like they may not tour much next year. Fuck the Indy Car stuff, I want a full KISS tour!

curro
 Rep: 7 

curro wrote:

Well,maybe they don't record a new album never again so we should be content with the box set
"Monster",the new box set of unreleased songs,the upcoming  Ace's album and the next "Kissology's".
  Unfortunately,Gene is right,the record industry is doomed to failure so we need to get used to the idea
of not having a new Kiss album.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

Even though the new KISSOLOGY is covers the years 1992-2000, Gene still insists that there will be 10 versions. This is very interesting. I wonder what will be on the rest. I know I have heard from very credible sources that there would be a box set of all the KISSOLOGYs that would include all the bonus discs from each edition, but I have to wonder about the remaining seven volumes.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hmm..i might be too tired....but is he saying that cos the record industry is fucked therefore he has no interest in recording new material?

What the fuck is that? He only does it for the money? Why not record something new to progress the art or just cos its a kickass song that needs to be shared?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not suggesting its wrong for musos to want to get paid, or be about the money to an extent, but at the same time, surely he already has millions of $, so its not like he's desperate for cash...so it seems a bit that theres not much love of the music behind him.

Board footer