You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Ozzy Osbourne Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:
Furbush wrote:

Oh, by no means am I saying Zakk's work with Ozzy is superior to Randy's...

I just get tired of the standard "Ozzy was nothing... Then Randy came along.. And every other guitar player since are all equally irrelevant" bullshit that is repeated ad nauseum since forever....

That's pretty much how I feel about the Jake E. Lee-era. Ozzy's IMAGE became a parody of himself, but the music was still right on pure, straight-forward Ozzy. Bark & Sin were basically just extensions of Blizzard & Diary, simply without Randy.

So hey let's forget them completely, other than a couple songs that the fans keep annoying us to play. One of Ozzy's biggest hits, literally like right beside Crazy Train, was off of Sin.

What's a sad shame is that because Ozzy started dressing in sequins, tons of flashy Paul Stanley-inspired color, doing cheese-tastic videos.... the music was lost.

Videos and image don't music music. Music makes music, and on that accord Bark & Sin kicked ass. Those two, along with Tears are the only Ozzy albums I can literally listen to from start-to-finish, and never once ever be bored, or have a single skippable track.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Sounds interesting. But I'm thinking why hasn't Sir Paul gotten his name for an airport yet? Or some other artists come to mind.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm flying in from Ozzy International....

Love it 9

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

What's everyone think about Ozzys latest stuff...with the guest guitarists?

Seems like a bt of a last gasp/try hard to me

The song with Clapton is just weird...guitar doesn't suit the rest of the music, I'm surprised Eric agreed to do this tbh

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think it’s the producer he’s using. He does a lot of pop acts like Miley Cyrus and Post Malone. The production is what stands out to me. It’s really slick. It doesn’t sound like an Ozzy album.

Board footer