You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Wrestling thread

AtariLegend wrote:

Basically from Monday, it's start of build to Wrestemania properly. The Rock is returning for few months and Lesnar/Taker probably won't be too far behind.

Dirt sheet's alleged planned card:

John Cena vs. The Rock (So that John Cena can finally get torched passed to him, by beating Rock. Despite not needing it)
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar (So that Triple H can get in his win back, despite no one wanting to see it.)
Undertaker vs. CM Punk (Since there's no one else left)
Ryback vs. Big Show (Does it matter?)

Really don't want to see any of that. I'd rather a swerve and something bit more interesting, for example like:

John Cena vs. The Undertaker
CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar

...and it might not be original, but it's not quite same

The Rock vs. Triple H

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Stone Cold better show up at this WM to set up a match at the next one.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Stone Cold is planned to have an angle with Punk way after WM.

What I'm hearing is that Taker wants to pass the torch and lose at WM but Vince doesn't want him to. I think the Punk/Taker match could be really good. Taker is in bad physial shape and Punk would be his perfect opponent.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Like I said last year the only way it would have  worked for Taker to lose was vs Triple H with the help of HBK. 19-1 The legacy of that is much better than 20-1 with a loss to a new era guy.  First of all he'd be losing to an all time classic guy in HHH(duo DX), given there was interference from HBK it wouldn't be as though the record was "tainted" at the same time it adds to the legacy of DX and in the end all is good.  Also it adds to HBK & HHH volatile relationship as it would be once again HBK stealing the spotlight for himself. Also it could've led to one more Wrestlemania match with Taker vs HBK & HHH in a handicap match for Taker to get the 20th win if they in fact wanted him to get to 20. AWESOME! It would've been epic.

there's no fucking way Taker should lose now. Not ever. It would be so forced it's not even funny.  And especially not to anyone from the new era win.  Not Punk, not Lesnar not anybody.   In fact Taker should retire. There isn't anyone worthy of passing the torch to. At least not anyone worthy of having it passed in such a way like beating Taker at Wrestlemania where he's never lost. Having him lose now would just be a shitty, shitty idea.

misterID

misterID wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think Stone Cold is planned to have an angle with Punk way after WM.

What I'm hearing is that Taker wants to pass the torch and lose at WM but Vince doesn't want him to. I think the Punk/Taker match could be really good. Taker is in bad physial shape and Punk would be his perfect opponent.

IMO Punk would be labeled a heel for life if he were to be the only one to ever beat Taker at WM.

Not if they do it right. Taker likes Punk and they could have it where Punk wins and Taker is attacked by the Shield and Punk makes the save.

Oh, how do you like Punk's new logo using Elvis's TCB lightning bolt logo?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I had such high hopes for the whole CM Punk thing when he first started... but I don't think its been executed well... CM comes off more douche than Stone Cold like Anti Hero IMO.

misterID

misterID wrote:

They definitely dropped the ball. From what I've read HHH had a big hand in screwing it up.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I completely agree. It's the biggest reason I haven't and can't get back into wrestling. Punk is a fantastic worker, and the best Vince has in the locker room easily that matches mic skills with in-ring prowess, and WWE creative has literally ran Punk's character into the ground. The fact he's even working a heel angle right now shows they don't know what to do with him. HHH might've had a big hand in it, but I blame Vince because of Cena constantly getting pushed over and over for YEARS on end, when Cena is basically the Shinedown of the WWE, while Austin is the original Guns N' Roses. Short run, but THE Hall of Famer card Vince still has left that would just tear the fucking house down if Vince pulled that trigger.

The mis-management of the WWE and that embarassing toy contract HHH & Vince spearheaded has basically wrote them into a corner where the WWE has become the lost WWE of the mid-90's, trapped somewhere between family friendly with flashes of attitude.

They need full on attitude, but in the correct way, and not the self-parody way that TNA has done for years.

Punk needs to become the next Austin, but in a "we'll still cheer the heel" sort of way, that I know Punk has, as long as he's handled properly.

He and Austin have been LONG overdue for a good 2-year work. Even Austin said a couple years ago he was the only guy he'd consider giving a major push to, and lacing his boots back up.

Until then, for me i'll just stick with the WWE '13 throwback Attitude tribute video game... which is still sitting on my shelf, unwrapped. Gotta crack that baby open, I hear nothing but the best. I haven't actually bought a wrasslin' game in about 7 years. The Attitude treatment was the only reason I even bought it.

Vince knows there's a major marketing world in that era. He's got to know the iron is RED HOT for a throwback tribute to that era. Enough time has passed. People are ready. Like Austin needs to come back and work with Punk. Rock is already back. A full blown DX reunion with Shawn Michaels as manager would be a great work and the audience seemed to love the full bore DX reunion at Raw 1000. Stuff like that... the iron is red hot, and it's just... cooling and nothing is being down about it. They waited so long with Taker that he's only a couple Jelly donuts away from Vader, and now? He can't push anybody. He's too broke down and out of shape.

P.S.

Does anybody else think Undertaker would be fantastic in a regular role on Sons of Anarchy? I do.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

They really just need to do SOMETHING to get the ball rolling again. Raw has just been so stagnant for a while now. I just watch and think...I don't give a fuck about this shit. I thought CM Punk would be the Austin to give WWE a push this time around, but that is looking more and more unlikely.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Basically from Monday, it's start of build to Wrestemania properly. The Rock is returning for few months and Lesnar/Taker probably won't be too far behind.

Dirt sheet's alleged planned card:

John Cena vs. The Rock (So that John Cena can finally get torched passed to him, by beating Rock. Despite not needing it)
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar (So that Triple H can get in his win back, despite no one wanting to see it.)
Undertaker vs. CM Punk (Since there's no one else left)
Ryback vs. Big Show (Does it matter?)

Really don't want to see any of that. I'd rather a swerve and something bit more interesting, for example like:

John Cena vs. The Undertaker
CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar

...and it might not be original, but it's not quite same

The Rock vs. Triple H

John Cena vs Rock rematch---zzzzzz

Triple H vs Lesnar--more zzzzzz

Undertaker vs CM Punk--ok I actually find this one interesting and more intriguing than the Undertaker vs HHH battles.

Ryback vs Big Show-zzzzzzz, I think Ryback is a shitty wrestler.

And as you said, the lack of creativity here is damming.  Nothing but rematches for the most part.

You seem like you watch the WWE on a regular basis, so I ask is the programming even interesting enough for me to tune in again?  I stopped watching in September when the NFL came back on.

Board footer