You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Slash refuses to ever work with Scott Weiland again

Axlin16 wrote:

Slash on Scott Weiland's Velvet Revolver Reunion comments: "We're not buying it"
by Chad Childers / Loudwire

Velvet-Revolver.jpg

Scott Weiland may have reunited with Velvet Revolver for a show early last year, but the singer’s comments about getting back together with the band are not exactly having the desired effect.

Slash, in particular, says the band members see right through the ploy and he doesn’t expect a reunion with Weiland to ever happen. He tells Classic Rock magazine, “None of us have a clue what he’s talking about … We’re not buying it.” The guitar great says he’s reluctant to even give the former Velvet Revolver frontman the attention, but did not hold back on his feelings about the matter. Slash recently revealed that Weiland had been fired from Stone Temple Pilots and he’s confident that the singer is trying to publicly wedge his way back into a job.

“I think he’s trying to pull off that trick of trying to get something else going on and we’re not buying it,” says Slash. “The door’s shut on this side and it’s probably shut on that side too, so he’s on his own. And he deserves it too.” The guitarist adds, “It also pisses me off because he’s put STP through so much s— over the years and put us through s— too when we were working with him. In 2008, that was all over with, so at this point, when he starts coming up with this stuff, it’s like, whatever.”

These days Slash says he’s in a good place and is not looking to reconnect with Weiland. He concludes, “Even if I didn’t have my solo thing going on, I still wouldn’t work with him.”

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Sorry if this is old news, but it's not old news to me. Damn, you know you're bad when Slash (who will work with literally anyone if it means exposure), basically says "even if I didn't have my solo thing, I wouldn't work with him", yet leaves the door cracked. Sure it's a major payday, but the symbolic nature of it all is kinda funny at how lousy it was for Slash to work with Scott.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Weiland is a poser

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Shit, Slash even leaves the door open for Axl despite all the crap Axl has put him through. Weiland is a natural born fuckup, no two ways about it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That was my first thought. When Slash basically says "Axl is cool, but you? Fuck off"

Holy shit, that's like major ownage right there. That pretty much is a lock that Slash hates your fucking guts.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Where do you guys get that Slash is leaving the door cracked for Axl...  I am not saying he is not, but he definitely doesn't want anything to do with Scott, lol.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

As i said in the other thread...this is a memo for everyone who complains that Slash trashes Axl in the press. This is what Slash looks like when he's being negative about you to the press. Contrast it with the relative diplomacy shown about Chinese Democracy and Axl and you can see something.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Where do you guys get that Slash is leaving the door cracked for Axl...  I am not saying he is not, but he definitely doesn't want anything to do with Scott, lol.

There was an interview where he was asked how he would react in a hypothetical situation where Axl called him to apologise. He responded with three things.

Firstly, that he didn't consider that to be something that was likely to happen.

Secondly, that if it did, he would do everything in his power to at least have a discussion with Axl.

Thirdly, that if Axl was apologising, he'd need to "look in my own junk drawer too" - basically admitting partial blame.

Contrast that to the way he speaks about scott, and you can see the crack is open.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Slash has always from what I saw, at least since his true solo career kicked off that he's open to reuniting with Axl. Izzy, Duff already have, and obviously Steven & Matt are already at the venue with their sticks waiting.

I want to personally think that Slash thinks that because he doesn't hate Axl, and I see Slash admittance of bad decisions as a way of hoping Axl would see it and not hate Slash as much and know Slash is open to talking.

But truely? I think Slash leaves the door cracked for Axl as opposed to Scott is because Slash knows GN'R is a major payday for Slash that Axl holds solely in his hands, and that VR was a flash-in-the-pan one-off moment in his career that he looks back with disdain for Scott. There's no viability in reviving it, and for Slash that means he can just let it FLY about dealing with Scott, unlike Axl. Plus the time away from Axl, might have made the heart grow fonder the older Slash gets. Hopefully Axl will get that way. It's literally all he has left in his life as a credible artist.

jmho

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

^ yeah...it's probably not just the pay day either...artistically GNR was some of Slash's most famous, iconic and world changing performances....while I enjoy VR....it's not quite on the same level in terms of impact to culture and music history and creative genius as GNR either....

I mean....you give Axl your riff and you get a paradise city or sweet child of mine, you give a riff to scott and you get Big Machine or Falling to Pieces....

If there's humble pie and bullshit involved with either of them....even aside from the payday angle....I know where I'd be going....

Board footer