You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Prince Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

This is great, I had also decided that I'm giving 2013 over to appreciating Prince's full body of work.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Due to last night's music searching, I think I found a few songs or albums I may pick it up in the next few months that suite my tastes based on what you guys recommended and surfing around the internet.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

If u are looking for the best album to get into prince, I'd go The Hits 2. Has a killer new song called "Peach" with some bad ass guitar work.

The song that made me a bonafide diehard Prince fan was "The Beautiful Ones" I was going through a bad heartbreak where I was in a love triangle.... LIsten to last min or two of that and it will give u chills, make u angry and cry all at the same time. His Screamy voice is amazing.

There are various types of Prince fans.

Diehards like myself that loves everything even the new stuff.

Purple Rain fans which is pretty self explanatory.

U got Prince "ROck" fans, that love his rock style

Prince R&B soul funk fans that like his danceable stuff.

Me for instance, I am one of a few that truly truly loves and "GETS" his concept album "The Rainbow Children" its very weird at times etc but I was going through the worst time of my life and that shit speaks to me.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I do NOT buy the Very best Of Prince and these later post 2000 Greatest Hits Packages which prob won't sound stupid on a GNR board, but I won't cause Prince asked the fans not to. Complete Cash Grab by Warner Bros putting together unapproved compilations for profit.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

redarmy76
 Rep: 5 

redarmy76 wrote:

Russ, that is the most awesome thing I have ever read.  You must have had a blast!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Dude..that is badass! big_smile Rock on brotha! Can't wait to see the video. How was the set list organized? The hits or did they dig through the vault of albums and they pull out a variety of his music?

Board footer