You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Slash refuses to ever work with Scott Weiland again

Mikkamakka wrote:

The answer is the same for Axl's artistic fall, his Slash-hatred and his amazing talent - he's bat shit crazy.

Unfortunately while being a lunatic made him an attracting and productive genius, in the past 20 years this ruined all that was built up earlier.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Where do you guys get that Slash is leaving the door cracked for Axl...  I am not saying he is not, but he definitely doesn't want anything to do with Scott, lol.

Slash seems to say a lot of nice things about Axl when people ask him questions. In any case, I hope there isn't a reunion since Axl can't sing anymore like he used to. Just wouldn't be the same no matter how much the fans want the nostalgia of it. I do want some kind of peace to happen where everyone can agree to release old stuff in the vault (UYI documentary, perhaps some Blu-rays of old concerts, etc).

Mikkamakka wrote:

The answer is the same for Axl's artistic fall, his Slash-hatred and his amazing talent - he's bat shit crazy.

Unfortunately while being a lunatic made him an attracting and productive genius, in the past 20 years this ruined all that
was built up earlier.

It didn't ruin his earlier accomplishments. Those are still legendary and very much worth revisiting. As someone who wasn't old enough in the late 80's/early 90's to know what was going on, I've had a lot of enjoyment listening to old GN'R music and watching old GN'R concerts.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Hypothetical question:

If Axl could sing like he used to. Let's say 2006 or 2010 SO GOOD on it's best day, like 1993 picking up where it left off...

Would you still not want the reunion?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I used to be the biggest champion for a reunion.. but after hearing how shitty Aerosmith sound knowing they are doing it for cash..... I don't want THAT GNR.

Genuine, sure.. but not cash grab.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

True, but in fairness GN'R have no recorded as much as Aerosmith who are burnt out because they've recorded like 30 albums (j/k).

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

I used to be the biggest champion for a reunion.. but after hearing how shitty Aerosmith sound knowing they are doing it for cash..... I don't want THAT GNR.

Genuine, sure.. but not cash grab.

Slash is playing the best guitar he ever has since GN'R, add a close to vintage sounding 2006/2010 Axl on that, and that would be a fuckin awesome reunion. Even Duff and Matt are better players now than they were in the UYI days.

Hell, if you put Axl on top of Apocalyptic Love you'd have another classic GN'R album right there.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Hypothetical question:

If Axl could sing like he used to. Let's say 2006 or 2010 SO GOOD on it's best day, like 1993 picking up where it left off...

Would you still not want the reunion?

They'd need to bury the hatchet first, and go through months of psychological treatment to sort out the shit. A disastrous reunion would be a nightmare.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

I actually think the opposite. A "volatile-pissed-off-at-Slash" Axl on the same stage as Slash, would make for an electrifying performance.

Let's face it, some of Axl's more memorable and passionate performances have been when he's been REALLY pissed off, and GN'R's music at it's core is very much an angry, fuck-you attitude.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I actually think the opposite. A "volatile-pissed-off-at-Slash" Axl on the same stage as Slash, would make for an electrifying performance.

Let's face it, some of Axl's more memorable and passionate performances have been when he's been REALLY pissed off, and GN'R's music at it's core is very much an angry, fuck-you attitude.

Bit of this in 2013 9
[youtube]rWkrHTZag[/youtube]

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I think there is a difference between the "GN'R against the world" and the "GN'R members against me, poor Axl" attitude. The first could result a great Axl performance, the second would blow up the reunion.

Board footer