You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Skwerl's post on MyGNR regarding his leak and his source

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Since Slash is going to play for about the same crowd here in Budapest than Axl and his band did 7 years, I see absolutely not much interest for Slash to go back playing as an employee of a psycho frontman who can't sing anymore, when he can captain a ship of the similiar size.

We fans like to see our idols as they once were. Then we're shocked seeing new footage and some are looking for excuses. Face it, this is the Axl Rose of today, and this is the Axl Rose of the last 15 years, minus the year 2006. Universal always met this bloated, out-of-shape Axl Rose, or an even worse, hysterical bloated out-of-shape, out-of-mind Axl Rose. He's a has-been. Sorry to say it, but he is. Never thought this day would come. Didn't realize this when happened, a long time ago.

You've been saying this exact same thing for Y-E-A-RS. 16

And Slash is playing with a skinny, sane front man who never could sing tongue

No, not really. I've never called Axl a has-been, but time has come to realize this (a long time ago). It's also the first time when Slash's growing crowd is about the same size as GN'R's vaining audience.

Glad that you agreed with my points, so rather chose to attack Myles to hijack the thread.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Myles Kennedy is just another generic, corporate, radio friendly Rock singer there are dime dozen of others who sound like him or even better he is n`t a frontman material no charisma, no personality, no stage presence he`s a karaoke singer he may hit thousand notes per minute but his timbre and delievery sucks and his annoying nasal voice grates on my nerves plus his songwriting skills are nothing to write home about

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Since Slash is going to play for about the same crowd here in Budapest than Axl and his band did 7 years, I see absolutely not much interest for Slash to go back playing as an employee of a psycho frontman who can't sing anymore, when he can captain a ship of the similiar size.

We fans like to see our idols as they once were. Then we're shocked seeing new footage and some are looking for excuses. Face it, this is the Axl Rose of today, and this is the Axl Rose of the last 15 years, minus the year 2006. Universal always met this bloated, out-of-shape Axl Rose, or an even worse, hysterical bloated out-of-shape, out-of-mind Axl Rose. He's a has-been. Sorry to say it, but he is. Never thought this day would come. Didn't realize this when happened, a long time ago.

No, not really. I've never called Axl a has-been, but time has come to realize this (a long time ago). It's also the first time when Slash's growing crowd is about the same size as GN'R's vaining audience.

Glad that you agreed with my points, so rather chose to attack Myles to hijack the thread.

in misterid's defense I think his point is not to highjack but to point at that slash plus a legend who is out of his prime not only offers more to the ears but would draw a much bigger crowd than slash plus a never was talent does now.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

People, there's no point in members going at each other over personal taste...its what makes the world go around.

Plus, every one of our heros in this band (old and new) are old and and loosing pieces of what they were that made us love them, some more than others (I'm looking at you Axl Rose) but still, we don't know what's up there. It could be food adddiction, booze, pills, meds, thyroid failure, diabetes...who the fuck knows....?

To get to some of the many topics in this thread...

Myles is technically brilliant but like many of you I find the nasal quality really annoying. He should do what Mike Patton did between The Real Thing and  Angel Dust, retrain your voice and get rid of that bad timbre.

Each to their own though...he is working at the highest level in the Rock Industry and seems like a nice bloke so hats off to him.

regarding asking Slash back...

After RNRHOF Slash said he was "done" with the whole thing. I don't believe Slash has it in him to tour for 2 years on a knife edge with a lead singer that may or may not show or worse, turn on him half way through the trip. I bet he's making plenty of $$$ without Axl Rose being in his life.

No man from the old GNR will take ANY orders from Team Brazil. After the way they hung Slash out to dry when he showed up at the house looking to meet Axl, I doubt Slash would even entertain a call from those people. Likewise, I would not expect a mature adult and astute businessman like Duff swallow that turd burger either.

Who the fuck wants to work with people in their thirties, forties and fifties who keep lists of their "enemies" or "devils" ?

What record company / promoter would lay down €150M in advance for this tour at this time? Would you if you were asked? Most of those big money talks were years ago at this stage anway.

What would a reunited band bring to the fan? Axl's been on the Greatest Hits tour forever..would the millions of fans turn out around the world for this AGAIN..even with the old guys?

Would Axl do interviews, articles, podcasts, tweets, etc to promote this? Would he and Slash be willing to eat some crow and be gracious and decent about each other?

Who would be the manager, tour manager etc?

You bundle all of that together and I just cannot see why anyone would be bothered trying to gather this thing to together and driving it home.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Awesome post Intercourse, put like that, its easy to see what a ball-ache it could be for Slash / Duff even if it was on the table from Team Brazil. 

And it's not like either of those two need the money.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

People, there's no point in members going at each other over personal taste...its what makes the world go around.

Plus, every one of our heros in this band (old and new) are old and and loosing pieces of what they were that made us love them, some more than others (I'm looking at you Axl Rose) but still, we don't know what's up there. It could be food adddiction, booze, pills, meds, thyroid failure, diabetes...who the fuck knows....?

To get to some of the many topics in this thread...

Myles is technically brilliant but like many of you I find the nasal quality really annoying. He should do what Mike Patton did between The Real Thing and  Angel Dust, retrain your voice and get rid of that bad timbre.

Each to their own though...he is working at the highest level in the Rock Industry and seems like a nice bloke so hats off to him.

regarding asking Slash back...

After RNRHOF Slash said he was "done" with the whole thing. I don't believe Slash has it in him to tour for 2 years on a knife edge with a lead singer that may or may not show or worse, turn on him half way through the trip. I bet he's making plenty of $$$ without Axl Rose being in his life.

No man from the old GNR will take ANY orders from Team Brazil. After the way they hung Slash out to dry when he showed up at the house looking to meet Axl, I doubt Slash would even entertain a call from those people. Likewise, I would not expect a mature adult and astute businessman like Duff swallow that turd burger either.

Who the fuck wants to work with people in their thirties, forties and fifties who keep lists of their "enemies" or "devils" ?

What record company / promoter would lay down €150M in advance for this tour at this time? Would you if you were asked? Most of those big money talks were years ago at this stage anway.

What would a reunited band bring to the fan? Axl's been on the Greatest Hits tour forever..would the millions of fans turn out around the world for this AGAIN..even with the old guys?

Would Axl do interviews, articles, podcasts, tweets, etc to promote this? Would he and Slash be willing to eat some crow and be gracious and decent about each other?

Who would be the manager, tour manager etc?

You bundle all of that together and I just cannot see why anyone would be bothered trying to gather this thing to together and driving it home.

Good points mate 22

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Perhaps Axl is touring non stop so the interest on a reunion would be decreasing tour after tour?

Does the man have a masterplan after all?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Mikka, if you haven't called Axl a has been before, then that's the only thing you haven't called him in the past. 16

And I didn't hi-jack the thread... The thread is about new leaks and you took the opportunity to call Axl a hysterical, bloated, out-of-shape, out-of-mind, has been. If that wasn't an attempt to insitigate an argument, or hi-jack a thread, along with your usual "I don't even care anymore" post that you make in every Axl thread, then I have no idea what is. And me saying Myles can't sing doesn't even come close to an attack.

As to your point, I don't really care who draws a bigger crowd or who sells more albums. That's your bag, not mine. I like what I like. And I'll take a bad Axl over a good Myles any day of the week. And we've had some bad Axl lately. 16

Right now, my interest are in seeing something leak. That seems to be the only way we'll get new music.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

Mikka, if you haven't called Axl a has been before, then that's the only thing you haven't called him in the past. 16

And I didn't hi-jack the thread... The thread is about new leaks and you took the opportunity to call Axl a hysterical, bloated, out-of-shape, out-of-mind, has been. If that wasn't an attempt to insitigate an argument, or hi-jack a thread, along with your usual "I don't even care anymore" post that you make in every Axl thread, then I have no idea what is. And me saying Myles can't sing doesn't even come close to an attack.

As to your point, I don't really care who draws a bigger crowd or who sells more albums. That's your bag, not mine. I like what I like. And I'll take a bad Axl over a good Myles any day of the week. And we've had some bad Axl lately. 16

Truth is that truth hurts.

The debate of the last pages was how Axl "hold all the cards" for a reunion (that could happen after a "new" album). Just check it. I simply pointed out that Slash may not be too interested to work with him anymore, especially under Axl's terms.

Please show me where I wrote in this post that I don't care.

On the other hand your post was offtopic, hijacking and for the purpose of making shit up in the defense of Almighty Axl, at the expense of Myles. Just be a grown-up and face it. ID, in the past months even you realized that this whole shit stinks. No need to go back to your zealot fanboy self.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Truth is that truth hurts.

The debate of the last pages was how Axl "hold all the cards" for a reunion (that could happen after a "new" album). Just check it. I simply pointed out that Slash may not be too interested to work with him anymore, especially under Axl's terms.

Please show me where I wrote in this post that I don't care.

On the other hand your post was offtopic, hijacking and for the purpose of making shit up in the defense of Almighty Axl, at the expense of Myles. Just be a grown-up and face it. ID, in the past months even you realized that this whole shit stinks. No need to go back to your zealot fanboy self.

I was discussing the "who holds the reunion cards." You took it upon yourself to go after the guys looks. And I never said anything of the sort about Myles other than his voice is terrible. I responded to you. Your post. Your lame, usual, boring, hijacking post. The typical "Mikka doesn't care anymore, but can't stop hanging around talking about it, over and over" is what your post amounted to.

Zealot fanboy self? Now who's insulting who? Please, show me the evidence where I'm a "zealot fanboy." And how can I be a fanboy and not be a fanboy who knows shit stinks at the same time? And where have I said anything different now that I haven't said in the past. Please find it, I'll wait... Oh, yeah, you can't, because you're making it up. 15

Board footer