You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Song of the Week Polls?

smoke wrote:

So I mentioned this in chat, and also talked to Russ, but I've offered to sort of manage the suggestions list, and post a poll each week for the board to pick the next week's Song of the Week.

If no one has any strong objections, here's what I'm thinking, combined with Russ' ideas:

1. The poll will open sometime Friday or Saturday each week and close on Thursday. I think midnight (EST) makes the most sense, but I don't know if I can set a poll to close automatically at a certain time. If not, it will probably be more like 5pm.

2. For now, to keep it easy, let's keep it to straight up GNR only. If we start running thin on suggestions, we can talk about adding solo acts and such in, but GNR has a ton of stuff for us to start with.

3. Music only. Again, there's a lot to work with. If we start running thin, we could consider stuff like interviews.

4. PM suggestions to me instead or in addition to putting them in chat if you wouldn't mind

So I figure for now, we've got a good 6-8 suggestions for this upcoming week. I'll just carry over the list (minus each winner) from week to week. Once/if the list starts getting too big, maybe I'll randomly select 20 of them to add to the poll. Then the next week, I'd do it again, etc.

Sound good? Any suggestions or objections?

Also, I'm terrible at picking the right forum. Feel free to move this to Management or wherever if you want.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Sounds good mate 22

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Process seems comfortable and cool with me. Can't wait to see the suggestions.

Board footer