You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: Thoughts and conspiracies

Abbey_Road wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:
Communist China wrote:

There have been times when I would agree with you, but now isn't one of those times. When is he working on the album? When is he actually writing songs? 96-99? MAYBE they wrote a song that will make the album in between 02 and 06, but I doubt it. He is a perfectionist in some ways, but writing and releasing only really good songs isn't one of those ways. His perfectionism applies only to production. UYI was overproduced and delayed due to Axl's "perfectionism", but there were still shitty songs on there.

CD is the most anticipated release of all time? Maybe a couple years ago. Now, people don't really care. It may or may not be number one when it's released. It may or may not go double platinum. It may or may not be really good. But it certainly will not have any influence on what kind of music is popular. If you disagree with that, you're wrong. 50 year-olds who blend up 10 year old styles don't revolutionize the music scene.

Guns n' Roses will always be revelant.  If you don't think so then you are dreaming.  Look at the Billboard positions for GH.  That right there tells you that GNR is and always will be revelant.  People still care about GNR and still wonder what Axl is up to and if you don't think so, just look at everytime someone mentions Axl in their interview.  People read it more.  Axl Rose will always be revelvent because he is the sole person left in a band that impacted music history so people will always be curious as to what he wiill do with Guns n' Roses.

Yes GN'R will always be relevant. But to a lot of people this isn't even Guns N' Roses. GH is doing very well because it has WTTJ, NR, Patience, SCOM, PC, LALD, KOHD... CD will not have those songs. It also won't have Slash.

NIN will also always be relevant. PHM, Broken, TDS, they have all put a major influence on the music scene (greater than GN'R's influence, although of course not greater than GN'R's fame). Bands that sound like NIN come out every day, and many have been quite successful. BUT, that didn't make YZ debut ahead of Avril Lavigne, and it didn't push it to a platinum level.

It's got Axl Rose in it.  It's his voice that makes this Guns n' Roses.  You can't argue that.  Hell, you or I could be on guitar but without Axl as the frontman, then it wouldn't be Guns n' Roses.

Sky Dog wrote:

1. Radiohead is a free agent as they are not contractually bound to any record label....their old albums are but not any new material.
2. I guess I am a dickhead because Tool and MJK blow the fuckin doors off ANYTHING any ex Gnr member could ever do....tophats definitely included. 21

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bumble4tus wrote:

Mr. Mod Neemo
Actually Reznor has a history of not getting along with his Recording Companies,and when it came time to renew,he said no to Interscope. Fact.

I'll take your word on it cuz I'm not a Trent/NIN fan..but you said the key words there..."When it came time to renew"....Axl has yet to hand over CD...and he at least owes one to the Label..until he gives Geffen that album his hands are legally tied...and he cant just walk away cuz the next thing he releases is gonna be Geffen's whether he likes it or not

as for tthis

Bumble4tus wrote:

They fabricated a name for their "next" album and came up with a bogus list of songs-then they sat back and watched as the gossipmongers and people that seemed to know it all made fools of themselves.

They did this not once but twice, having the last laugh on the parasites that were preying on this band..
"bootlegs" for the nonexistant album were issued as well as illegal merchandise such as Tshirts.

Phony insiders discussed the album at length claiming to have heard tracks.

we already know for a fact that 7 tracks are true...cuz we have the leaks...as for the others too many people outside the band have talked about songs like prostitute for them to be fabrications...you could be right that the album will not be called Chinese Democracy though...any unofficial merch from the 06 tour for GnR still had the old band on it though so we already know that those people are fucked

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I don't think I totally agree, Abbey. The public has a perception of a fat, bald, botaxed and insane figure that is nothing of what he used to be. Curiosity buys won't happen, because the curiosity results mostly in illegal downloads.

The amount of press GN'R got in '07 shows the interest in the album. They toured for about half the year, but nobody talked about it. Nobody cared.

Communist China

madagas wrote:

1. Radiohead is a free agent as they are not contractually bound to any record label....their old albums are but not any new material.
2. I guess I am a dickhead because Tool and MJK blow the fuckin doors off ANYTHING any ex Gnr member could ever do....tophats definitely included. 21

I didn't say Tool or MJK are dicks or talentless or anything... I'm just saying the TooL fans I know are douches.

Radiohead is a free agent I see, my mistake. Still, the In Rainbows release was not done all that well and ripped off a lot of fans. But I'm biased because I'm a NIN fan and remember TR talking about being free-agent and using online releases back in 06 and 07 before Radiohead had done anything.

Bumble4tus
 Rep: -3 

Bumble4tus wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

I wouldn't underestimate Axl Rose if I were you.  He's a lot smarter than you think and he isn't in this for the money.  He's in it because he is a musician who cares about quality over quanity.  I wouldn't rule this Tool release idea out just yet.  CD is the most anticipated album of all time.  Axl will leave a mark in the music world once again when it's released.  How it's released is another story but I know it will make history.

There have been times when I would agree with you, but now isn't one of those times. When is he working on the album? When is he actually writing songs? 96-99? MAYBE they wrote a song that will make the album in between 02 and 06, but I doubt it. He is a perfectionist in some ways, but writing and releasing only really good songs isn't one of those ways. His perfectionism applies only to production. UYI was overproduced and delayed due to Axl's "perfectionism", but there were still shitty songs on there.

CD is the most anticipated release of all time? Maybe a couple years ago. Now, people don't really care. It may or may not be number one when it's released. It may or may not go double platinum. It may or may not be really good. But it certainly will not have any influence on what kind of music is popular. If you disagree with that, you're wrong. 50 year-olds who blend up 10 year old styles don't revolutionize the music scene.

Hello Abbey Road, You are Centered right ON TARGET.......APPRECIATED!

and CC..yeah, you are a negative person...I would label you a Fair weather fan........

I didn't make up the shit about tool, it's fact..they fucked back with the very people fucking with them using any means possible, the parasites deserved it......

It's common knowledge, and this was a well thought out plan........

Kinda like Guns n' Roses getting goddamn tired of everybody making their updates "cryptic" and tearing everything to shreds-so now you get what you deserve   SILENCE..... hope you enjoy it, seems to be making people a bit crazy, amusing!

FYI..Radiohead released their album online...run, go check your details!!

IF you are bothered by shit-talking parasites who know nothing, turn the Game around..drive Em Crazy!

Good For TOOL. and Good for GNR!

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I don't think I totally agree, Abbey. The public has a perception of a fat, bald, botaxed and insane figure that is nothing of what he used to be. Curiosity buys won't happen, because the curiosity results mostly in illegal downloads.

The amount of press GN'R got in '07 shows the interest in the album. They toured for about half the year, but nobody talked about it. Nobody cared.

People cared when they toured.  Sure the forums were a bit slow but that's because they were across the world and different time zones.  The shows happened in the morning (for us due to the time difference) when we are all used to being online at night to catch the updates so factor that in with people probably at work and not able to be on a GNR fansite at that particular time.

Again, when Axl sang Don't Cry, the forums were estatic.  People were happy. 

Axl Rose is more than what he used to be.  The man has matured a lot and he still is one of the greatest frontmen of rock n' roll.  He will always hold a captive audience.  I bet if the media had their way, everytime the guy farted, they'd report it.  People still care about GNR, they still are curious as to what Axl does, even your top hatted buddy Slash because he is asked about Axl all the time and instead of not answering, he chooses to so what does that tell you?  It tells me Axl still sparks a lot of interest in the music industry.

Bumble4tus
 Rep: -3 

Bumble4tus wrote:

Abbey_Road wrote:
I wouldn't underestimate Axl Rose if I were you.  He's a lot smarter than you think and he isn't in this for the money.  He's in it because he is a musician who cares about quality over quanity.  I wouldn't rule this Tool release idea out just yet.  CD is the most anticipated album of all time.  Axl will leave a mark in the music world once again when it's released.  How it's released is another story but I know it will make history.

This is totally correct, appreciated again Abbey road!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

Again, when Axl sang Don't Cry, the forums were estatic.  People were happy.

you know what? i still havent heard that...was it any good? did he do the whole song with ron? how many times did they do it? what is the best boot of it....and lastly can someone upload it for me? thanks big_smile

Communist China

Bumble4tus wrote:

Hello Abbey Road, You are Centered right ON TARGET.......APPRECIATED!

and CC..yeah, you are a negative person...I would label you a Fair weather fan........

I didn't make up the shit about tool, it's fact..they fucked back with the very people fucking with them using any means possible, the parasites deserved it......

It's common knowledge, and this was a well thought out plan........

Kinda like Guns n' Roses getting goddamn tired of everybody making their updates "cryptic" and tearing everything to shreds-so now you get what you deserve   SILENCE..... hope you enjoy it, seems to be making people a bit crazy, amusing!

FYI..Radiohead released their album online...run, go check your details!!

IF you are bothered by shit-talking parasites who know nothing, turn the Game around..drive Em Crazy!

Good For TOOL. and Good for GNR!

I'm a fair weather fan? Then why am I here, considering the weather isn't fair at all? The forum-goers are NOT fair weather fans. They devote time to a band that does nothing, as you said. GN'R is like a sports team that hasn't made the playoffs since 1993. And yet we're still fans, waiting for that championship (like in 91 and 87 and 88). That is not fair weather at all.

Is the silence making people crazy? The only person really ranting without provocation is you. The silence has actually just caused silence. GN'R sections at all forums are not filled with crying and crazyiness as you lied, but instead with old topics and little participation.

A band under contract can release albums online. Radiohead later released it in stores, and told their fans that to really have the album (or to have it in anything other than shitty myspace quality) they needed to buy it again, at a set price, in a store.

Board footer