You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Thoughts and conspiracies

Abbey_Road wrote:

Axl Rose is more than what he used to be.  The man has matured a lot and he still is one of the greatest frontmen of rock n' roll.  He will always hold a captive audience.  I bet if the media had their way, everytime the guy farted, they'd report it.  People still care about GNR, they still are curious as to what Axl does, even your top hatted buddy Slash because he is asked about Axl all the time and instead of not answering, he chooses to so what does that tell you?  It tells me Axl still sparks a lot of interest in the music industry.

It doesn't matter what Axl is. It only matters what people expect and perceive him to be. And people expect, and see, a abld botaxed crazy man who can't do anything without Slash. That might not be true, but it's how it's seen. People are curious about what Axl does? Where? Show me an article anticipating Axl's next move from a major publication this year?

The only thing that came out was the Zutaut interview about things that happened 6-7 years ago. You say, "if the media had their way"... well what's stopping them? If the public wants to know about Axl, and the reporters want to report about Axl, why isn't there mention of him? You don't need interviews to write articles.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

No one deserves the silence. It's bullshit. Update your fan base on what is going on. Why is that every other band does it and yet GNR doesn't but that makes it ok in some people's eyes. It's bullshit. Don't take the fans' money for countless "Chinese Democracy" tours. if you wont keep your end up.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

Since when is silence a bad thing?

Abbey_Road

Abbey_Road wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

No one deserves the silence. It's bullshit. Update your fan base on what is going on. Why is that every other band does it and yet GNR doesn't but that makes it ok in some people's eyes. It's bullshit. Don't take the fans' money for countless "Chinese Democracy" tours. if you wont keep your end up.

Because that is how GNR operate.  It's always been this way.  And again, when is silence such a bad thing?  Isn't no news good news?

Communist China

Abbey_Road wrote:

Since when is silence a bad thing?

Maybe it's bad because your profession revolves chiefly around making noise.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

Because that is how GNR operate.  It's always been this way.  And again, when is silence such a bad thing?  Isn't no news good news?

No it isn't. We have been through the countless no news period and it has sucked. Leaks came and it gfave hope and buzz. What would some weekly updates do? Hmm maybe get people back into the world og GNR if they know the band they support gives a shit. It may be how they operate but it's wrong.

Abbey_Road

Abbey_Road wrote:

No I think it's bad because people look at it as bad.  I am sorry but whenever GNR do update, people complain.  When they don't update, people complain.  I can see where they would just chose not to update since they get the same result as when they do update. 

Again, it's all in your perspective.  GNR aren't dead.  They are just doing things behind the scenes that we don't need to know about because it doesn't concern us.  By this, I mean marketing CD in the best way possible.  I am sure Axl doesn't need to ask us the best way to have it marketed.  I am sure he will figure that out on his own. 

I just know that with GNR, you wait.  That is how it always is.  Shit happens, shit gets canceled, shit gets postopned.  But, again, I don't take the silence as a bad thing especially when that is how they always have done things.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Bumble4tus wrote:

Fuck with Those that Fuck with you!

So, that's why Axl's fucking us? We've fucked him? How have we done that? You don't fuck with your fans. Axl will learn that when CD flops.

Abbey_Road

Abbey_Road wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Bumble4tus wrote:

Fuck with Those that Fuck with you!

So, that's why Axl's fucking us? We've fucked him? How have we done that? You don't fuck with your fans. Axl will learn that when CD flops.

Why is it so hard for you people to realize that is how Axl works.  He always has been a private person. 

And CD wiill not flop by any means.  The songs we have already heard off it have rocked and those weren't even the big guns so to speak.

Seems to me you are one of the people  who is angry at the silence.  Then change your perspective and look at it from my point of view and then it won't look so bleak.

Would you continue to update people if all they did was tear everything you said apart and over analyize it?  I wouldn't.  Again, Axl has always been like this.  It's not like he just decided to do it this way.

Communist China

Abbey you're ignoring his point. Is Axl intentionally "fucking with us" and how have we "fucked with him"?

Board footer