You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live in London (Airing on Vh1 Classic)

Gibbo wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

I just tryed both still work for me try force start.Did you use the second link or the link russ put up

I don't want to sign up for the GN'R tracker thing just to get it. I may just pass on it and keep the lo-def one I have.

1080 HD version has killer picture and sound quality and is properly mixed with bass and all guitars and no timer. 9

Few bongs and youll think your in disneyland \m/ axl \m/   16

Ooh, where's the 1080p version at? I've got the 720p version – keep pausing it on the wide shots to try and spot myself in the crowd.

And it's nice to see the end of the show, WHICH I FUCKING MISSED BECAUSE THEY CAME OUT SO LATE I HAD TO LEAVE FOR THE LAST TRAIN. 4 4 4

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
otto wrote:

Just got to see the first two hours of it today...

It's a tight performance by the band, if you close your eyes it's almost as hearing a studio version in some cases.

Axl, although almost raspless, is not that bad, not 2006 but way better than 2002 and even some performances of 2012. He's almost 2010-ish which is very good.

I can see this being released and getting some praise. It's a consistent performance.

Video wise I don't like the style chosen to the cuts... Lots of "fake too much into it" audience shots, lots of paid models in the front rows rocking too hard to the point that they seem out of place.

If you take this point out of the package, it's a great experience.

That's how I felt too.  Thought the video footage was tight and the band sounded great overall.  And Axl sounded fine to me.  Not vintage, but certainly not the train wreck that some people make him out to be these days.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with faldor. Axl sounded better than I expected him to. Like a really strong 2001-02 performance vocally.

Board footer