You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Ron shares GNR Tid bits while on a live stream

apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
-D- wrote:

I remember Motley saying how they'd get 8 million everytime they decided to do an album.......... U can imagine how much Axl would command....

Do we know the exact figures? I think we can only guess.

The CD advance was, I believe, around $10M, and Ax still went overbudget. Don't believe the Motley figure; $4M on them is probably closer to reality.

GN'R began work on a new album of original material, drawing from a Geffen advance thought to be around $10 million - Madonna kind of money. - RS

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think the label stuff comes down to Axl wanting them to fund the recording with the new line up and they aren't doing it. He says the label stuff has to be fixed before he's in the right headspace to write new music.

Why not make it a double album? I'm sure they have enough stuff right now to only require like 10 new songs to pick and choose from added with the rest of the CD sessions. Sounds good to me. At this point, I'd take whatever I can get.

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting that blood in the water is musically fake but real vocals.

Have to give props to MSL who said this a long time ago.

I can't believe ANYONE fell for that song. Mere milli-seconds in when it dropped here at Evo and I knew it was just the Prostitute synth from the RB2 moggs, reversed.

I thought it was obvious.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

How does that happen - who out there has an isolated lead Axl vocal rip of an unheard song to set new music too? Curious.

THis all makes me excited though. Love to hear some new songs.

Curious indeed.  Someone close to the band?  One of the Portuguese mafia?  Why mix real vocals from Axl with manufactured music?  Do they not have the real song, just the vocals?  Why would that be?  Why do I/we care about any of this stuff anymore?  Probably the best question of all.  And most difficult to answer. 17

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I want to hear Going Down now. I've been listening to Tommy's solo stuff, especially the Light Of Day. I'd love to hear somehting like that on a GN'R record.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

I want to hear Going Down now. I've been listening to Tommy's solo stuff, especially the Light Of Day. I'd love to hear somehting like that on a GN'R record.

Great tune that one
Tommy's the best songwriter in the band, bar Axl. Obv there's not/any competition in that regard but even going back to BH/Finck he's far better & GnR & the CD-era coulda benefitted from using him more

Sky Dog wrote:

he should have been used like Izzy was on the Illusions

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

How does that happen - who out there has an isolated lead Axl vocal rip of an unheard song to set new music too? Curious.

Curious indeed.  Someone close to the band?  One of the Portuguese mafia?  Why mix real vocals from Axl with manufactured music?  Do they not have the real song, just the vocals?  Why would that be?

Exactly. Makes me wonder.

Maybe:

1. They do have the real song, but wanted to trade a fake so as to keep the leverage of having a secret real song, and the real song is constructed in a way where the bits of the vocals used are already unaccompanied and could be sampled. (Like how scrapped starts).

2. They have an isolated vocal rip from a song but not the actual song. Not sure why anyone with enough access to steal a vocal rip would do this though rather than stealing the whole song.

or maybe something else I've not thought of yet. But it's kinda odd...you'd think access to stuff like Axl's protools drive would be pretty limited....how the fuck does it get out there..

and interestingly, what on earth is the song even like then...might be a totally different song than how it sounded!

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Curious indeed.  Someone close to the band?  One of the Portuguese mafia?  Why mix real vocals from Axl with manufactured music?  Do they not have the real song, just the vocals?  Why would that be?  Why do I/we care about any of this stuff anymore?  Probably the best question of all.  And most difficult to answer. 17

Portuguese mafia?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Here is the actual video..

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/29676642

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
RaZor wrote:
faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Portuguese mafia?

yeah, they were a central figure from the original MSL leaks from what I remember.

Board footer