You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Interview with Izzy Stradlin - August 24, 2011 ? (Probably fake)

AtariLegend wrote:

Front Paige Metal News
Interview with Izzy Stradlin - August 24, 2011

Izzy Stradlin, founding member and original rhythm guitarist for Guns N' Roses, has been involved in several other projects since his departure from the band in '91. I was able to interview Izzy and he talked about upcoming projects, tour stories and rumours of a Guns and Roses reunion.

INTERVIEW:
Front Paige Metal News: What's been going on with you recently? It feels like forever since we've heard from you!
Izzy: Not much new ya know, just did Slash's album.

FPMN: What’s coming up next? Any plans for touring or new release?
Izzy: Been talking w/ Axl about doing a few shows on his tour. No promises though. I've been working on a few songs, and I have about 10 fully written, so an album is for sure on the horizon. There are rumors of an autobio, and I'm neither confirming them nor denying them, so we will have to wait and see.

FPMN: How did you get involved with releasing music strictly for iTunes? What was your reasoning for doing that, rather than releasing actual albums
Izzy: I heard about this site Tunecore from a musician friend, and they post directly to iTunes. I like that because with so many people downloading and so few buying records, it seemed more logical to me.

FPMN: How would you explain your stylistic changes from Guns, to your work as Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds, to all of your solo work?
Izzy: When GNR first started out we were a Blues-RnR band. I digged that. Just pure rock, the way God intended. But during the Illusion sessions, a certain dictative singer decided the direction of the band was changing. Pretty much GNR became WAR. Axl took control which was totally uncool. With the others, I went back to my roots, ya know, with no horn section and backup singers. Just pure, gritty rock.

FPMN: Of course, rumors are always swirling of a Guns N' Roses reunion. What are your feelings about that? If that ever happened, would you agree to participate in it?
Izzy: Original Guns? I'd love to. It was Tracii, Ole, Axl, Rob, and myself. That was the original GnR lineup. I'd love to reunite with AFD lineup. I'd do it in a heartbeat if it was just us five. No disrespect to Dizzy Reed.

FPMN: Throughout your career I'm sure you've had many amazing experiences. Is there one moment that stands out to you?
Izzy: I've had many road stories, so that's another interview, but a favorite was when we were on tour with Motley, and we were on some bus. I was drunk and had to puke, so I went to the front, while the bus was going down the highway mind you, opened the door, put my head out, and puked. Then, I shut the door and sat back down like nothing happened.

FPMN: What's the best advice you can give to someone who wants to follow in your footsteps as a musician?
Izzy: Advice? Don't give up, and don't stop practice. Oh, and always use a metronome

Source: http://www.mamasfallenangels.com/group/ … st-24-2011

AtariLegend wrote:

Sorry if this has been posted before, not sure. Found it while googling Izzy interviews, I assumed it was fake. However FrontPaigeMetal account on youtube seems to confirm this interview was done for a blog.

Why of course did I post such an obscure interview if real? The random Ole/Rob/Tracii thing.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Well, Izzy just blasted Axl again, but nobody will notice. They will just say him and Axo are best of friends.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

To be honest I always found Izzy`s " I never wanted the band to hit it big " attitude laughable.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Yeah he blasted Axl, which given that he was in talks at the time to appear with GnR seems strange. Can't say I disagree with anything he said though. The Tracii/Ole/Rob thing was an obvious joke, though. It's not the first or last time he's said it's the original 5 or no reunion.

I don't know, I could read more into it and get worked up at him, but I don't have the energy. There were no saints in that band, but Izzy's still my guy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

What i can't fathom is how Axl remains cool with Izzy and busts him out for guest spots with 'no hard feelings' when it seems Izzy semi-regularly (well for someone who doesn't give a lot of interviews anyway) destroys Axl in the press.

Meanwhile Slash gets the undying anger of satan because he rolled his eyes and said "singers" with a wink at the camera during the Rise of VR.

wink

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

This interview seems fake and was probably conducted with the guy that had the fake Izzy twitter and was praised as the real deal even by celebrities like Steven Tyler.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Why does it seem fake?

Izzy has spoken of tunecore before, he's spoken of an original reunion only with all 5 guys before, he's complained about Axl taking charge before...

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

I don't see what the big deal is. He said Axl took charge, how's that talking trash?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
RaZor wrote:

I don't see what the big deal is. He said Axl took charge, how's that talking trash?

He also said it was totally uncool, but maybe he meant, like as in, it wasn't "trendy" or "popular" for Axl to take charge... 14

Board footer