You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Interview with Izzy Stradlin - August 24, 2011 ? (Probably fake)

Smoking Guns wrote:

Ha ha ha, metallex, hilarious. Funny stuff guys

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

So he said Axl was took charge and he didn't it, still don't see what the big deal is.  Talking trash is telling a story about how your ex band mate used to pee himself because he was so drunk, or having your wife talk about how an ex band mate has eaten to many chilli burgers.  This is just Izzy telling it how it is.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's a big deal because of how sensitive Axl appears to be about public comments.

When was the last time you heard any one in Axl's inner sanctum level any kind of critical analysis of things? The only people who speak out are those like canter or niven or mick wall who are banished and unable to even get in a room with Axl anymore.

For god's sake the band drags jarmo around the world with them so that he will remove and censor posts FROM FANS who may not approve of something Axl does.

That's the context of this band. And that's the context where Axl's onstage huggy pal Izzy is publicly saying Axl was a control freak and it wasn't cool, and that he wants to reunite with people Axl hates so much that his stage crew use masking tape to cover the cartoon drawing of them on a 30 year old t-shirt....

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

It's the words he chose that strike me as odd for someone that still appears with him from time to time. "Certain dictative singer", "Pretty much GNR became WAR. Axl took control which was totally uncool."

I don't see how you could see that as not having a negative connotation. And again, I say that as someone who loves Izzy and current GNR. There aren't many people who could say things in those terms and still be in a personal/professional relationship with Ax.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

IF this interview is legit, I think there's one clear reason Izzy can get away with speaking his mind and being critical of Axl.  Because he's not Slash, and for the most part the general public doesn't care/know what Izzy says or thinks.  Hell, this interview is nearly 2 years old and WE are just finding out about it now.  Yet the second Slash says something, everyone knows about it.  Slash is a mega star.  He's a media darling.  Axl could be a little jealous of those things, among others.  As great as Izzy is, he doesn't carry the same cache as Slash.  Not even close.

Seems pretty simple to me.  When Axl did get pissed at Izzy, Izzy had slammed him in a more public forum.  Wasn't that article in Rolling Stone or some popular publication?  Not some internet podcast or whatever this interview is from.  Plus at that time, the 2 of them hadn't had much contact over the years.  They've since worked things out and have come to an understanding.  FRIENDS can get away with being critical of one another.  In case you haven't noticed, Axl and Slash aren't friends, haven't talked to each other for the better part of 2 decades.  There's obviously some resentment there that isn't going away anytime soon.  Maybe Axl and Izzy have talked about this very topic themselves, and he's completely aware and fine with it.

It is interesting though that I always thought Izzy left because it wasn't good for his recovery and didn't like the limelight quite so much.  But according to this interview, while those may have been factors, it was more Axl's chosen direction for the band that drove him away.  It makes sense.  Begs the question, how can ONE person have that much control in the band?  All we've heard about over the years from Slash, Matt, now Izzy, etc. is how they all wanted to stay the course, yet Axl wanted to explore different avenues.  You would think 4 would outnumber 1.  You wonder how things could've been different if they stood their ground.  Or was Axl destined to get his way?

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I reckon intercourse posted it this interview on here when it was first done

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

YEs I thought I'd read it before too.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

They've since worked things out and have come to an understanding.  FRIENDS can get away with being critical of one another.  In case you haven't noticed, Axl and Slash aren't friends, haven't talked to each other for the better part of 2 decades.  There's obviously some resentment there that isn't going away anytime soon.  Maybe Axl and Izzy have talked about this very topic themselves, and he's completely aware and fine with it.

Maybe.

I just find it noticeable that entry into the GNR inner circle seems to be based on 100% loyalty no matter the circumstances.

Seems like most of Axl's friends never say a word out of place, can you imagine Dizzy saying this, or Jarmo?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Niven
Slash
Adler
Duff
Izzy
Sorum
Gilby
Zutnaut
Cantor

The above people have a similar story.

Beta
Axl
Fernando
Jarmo
Dizzy

The list above have a different story

Which group has a bigger interest to lie, fib, or stretch the truth?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Oo! Oo! Mistah Kottah, pick me!

Board footer