You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Slash N' 4tus together?

Mikkamakka wrote:

The Dead Daises With Slash Sample Leaks Online LISTEN
by Paul Cashmere on April 5, 2013

A 50-second sample believed to be a finished mix of The Dead Daisies featuring Slash song ‘Lock ‘N’ Load’ has been discovered online.

The track is believed to have been uploaded as a preview for media to listen to next week prior to the song’s official release before the band’s Australian Aerosmith dates.

The Dead Daisies is an Australian supergroup featuring Noiseworks singer Jon Stevens and Guns ‘N’ Roses guitarist Richard Fortus with Charley Drayton (Divinyls, Cold Chisel) on drums, David Lowy (Red Phoenix, The Angels) on guitar, Marco Mendoza (Thin Lizzy) on bass and Clayton Doley on Hammond organ.

‘Lock ‘N’ Load’ was co-written by Slash and Jon Stevens.

The Dead Daisies were seen recently on tour with ZZ Top in Australia and will be the special guests of Aerosmith in Dunedin, Melbourne and Brisbane.

Check out what we believe to be the first listen of the final mix of The Dead Daisies debut ‘Lock ‘N’ Load’.

http://www.noise11.com/news/the-dead-da … n-20130405

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Looking forward to hearing Slash with fortus!!!!

Also...i'm going to that Aerosmith tour so i'll also get a bit of Dead Daisies action I think!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

You can listen the clip on the link. Really slashy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks...missed that! Sounds good!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I had a listen to the Dead Daisies song samples on their website, and I wasn't really impressed with what I heard.

This one with Slash however sounds pretty cool, and just like Mikka said, it's really Slashy.

Lomax wrote:

This is a hell of a bump but with good reason.

Slash and Fortus playing together in the Dead Dasies.

Mind= blown

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fortus doesn't play on that track. I think that is the one track on the album he doesn't appear on.

Lomax wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fortus doesn't play on that track. I think that is the one track on the album he doesn't appear on.

No way!
Huh..
I bet that was on purpose.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I doubt it was on purpose. Slash co-wrote it, and outside of GN'R (and even in GN'R) Richard tends to play a bluesy guitar.

Why have two dueling bluesy rock guitar leads? Slash can handle it himself or Richard himself. No need for two.

That's kind of why it irritates me with Axl and the three guitars thing. I get the whole, "I like Brian May guitar solos" thing Axl does on the ballads, which other than Brian, only Ron or Bucket tone-wise would handle.

But the reality of it is, Axl could fire DJ, Ron, & Richard, hire Doug Aldrich, and bring back Izzy.... and all guitar stuff would be handled. Doug could do DJ, Ron, & Richard's parts all by himself. Even the Buckethead stuff Slash couldn't or wouldn't do.

Not climbing up the Doug Aldrich tree again, i'm just saying there are other guitarists out there that could handle ALL the parts Axl wants handled. I don't know why, STILL, there are three guitarists. I get "in studio" for writing purposes, but on the road... it's getting especially crowded, especially when you see lead guitarists standing around NOT playing anything, so the others have their part.

Board footer