You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Re: pets

Stacey wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

We got a second cat from a shelter a few weeks back. He's been fitting in real well and it's been humorous watching him trying to fit in with Nikki (our original, 7 year old female cat). Nikki is more or less an asshole. She doesn't like to be touched much, very much likes things HER way, etc etc. Well, Jack White IV (The new cat) is playful and affectionate. He also really doesn't give a shit what Nikki likes or doesn't like. They don't physically fight but Nikki likes to threaten constantly, which again, JWIV couldn't care less about.

I was finally able to get a picture of it today:
http://i46.tinypic.com/35c3cib.jpg

My precious baby girl is not an asshole. She is particular smile

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I have the same type of relationship with two outdoor cats. We had a female cat basically adopt us and she hasn't left our property in like 2 years. I believe she was from an abused home. Her owner came over looking for a lost dog and said the cat once belonged to her daughter. Well, the cat seemed terrified of this woman, wouldn't go to her (and she is a VERY loving cat and friendly to everyone) and hid until she left. The woman seemed okay, and said she was happy the cat (known as Roxy aka, now Lilly Bell) has a good home and we can keep her.

About six months ago a baby Siamese shows up and wouldn't leave. Lilly HATED this cat. Hissed, smacked him, all kinds of shit. She would also jump on the railing of our porch and wouldn't come down while he was around. Well, this cat (Sonny Crockett) loves the shit out of Lilly and doesn't care how much she hisses and smacks the shit out of him. He adores her. A while ago he got a bad infection and I thought he wasn't going to make it, but he pulled through, and during that whole time of me doing everything to keep this cat alive, including feeding him, Lilly stayed by his side and groomed him. Now they're inseparable... But she still smacks the shit out of him once in a while to let him know who's boss. 16

Good luck with Elliot, will!

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

That's what we did RaZor; went through Pet Smart. Several adoption agencies work with them. The one we went through actually came to do a home visit prior to letting us have an animal which I thought was nice.

That is awful Will. I'm very VERY sorry to hear sad

We brought home a 2 month old pit bill today.  The agency said she was saved from a breader that had a liter off season and couldn't sell her. They also said she wasn't bread to be a fighter, still nobody else wanted her.

So we have a pit bull.  \m/

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Taco passed away yesterday.  He was my buddy for the past 16 years. He took a turn around Thanksgiving & had a bad, bedridden weekend, then was a little better. Old & slow, but he did bounce back. I hoped he had a few more weeks/months in him, but this past weekend he was ill again, and Monday I gave him one more day, hoping he'd recover from a sickness. Monday night, he was lame, and I picked him up, held him, cried, and said goodbye.  I set my alarm for 7am to goto the vet and was going to call my parents to see if they wanted to come along. I woke up around 6, and figured lemme get him up and pet him more, and talk to him, only he had passed away. At his age I saw it coming as best anyone can, but in some ways you cannot prepare for it, it was hard. I'm not sure the permanance of it has sunk it yet, but I'll miss him  & the times we had. It was like a chapter of my life, 27-44.

This was my favorite picture of him. Rest in peace Taco.

rs7pts.jpg

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

So sorry man

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Thanks man, not easy.  At his age I was preparing for it. On the other hand I'm not sure it's sunk in, I think I'll just miss him day by day for a while.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I had to put my dog of 14 years down a couple years ago.  It was hard, but it was what was best for him.  Just appreciate the good life you gave him and all the good times.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Thanks man, not easy.  At his age I was preparing for it. On the other hand I'm not sure it's sunk in, I think I'll just miss him day by day for a while.

Somewhat of a blessing he died in his sleep overnight and you didn't have to put him down yourself. I can't imagine that's an easy thing to do. Never easy getting over the loss of a pet though. They never judge you, and are faithful to a fault. Sorry for your loss.  RIP Taco.

johndivney wrote:

Sad news pasnow. A few weeks ago some asshole ran over & killed one of my cats. They didn't even stop and let me know, just drove off. I found the cat the next day.

I'm not a big pet guy, used to be when I was a kid. Now I just keep them to try and ward off pests n shit. But I can see how it'd be a big part of your life, a loyal companion yea? Sad stuff.

Board footer